Injury Report: Dermott Shoulder Injury - Babcock plans back Saturday in Ottawa

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Yay!

But he's paired with Marincin. Boo!

Yes but with who they have available right now (Oz, Holl and him) he's really the 'best' option. He's been the better player out of those three (which is not that hard to do). So unless Rosen get called up he'll stay there until Gardiner is healthy.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Rielly Hainsey
Muzzin Zaitsev
Rosen Dermott

20 min each pair. Gardiner replaces Rosen when ready for a smooth transition.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
isn't this dermott's first full team practice? I hope both him and Gards are not being rushed back

I think he's been in full team practices for about a week now, but first with a non-contact jersey, and then not on an actual pairing. I think this is his first time on one of the top 3 pairs

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Definite upgrade to the blueline. Will be great to have him return with enough time to spare prior to the playoffs.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
isn't this dermott's first full team practice? I hope both him and Gards are not being rushed back

Dermott has been on the ice for a bit, it's the first time he's been slotted in with a line. Gardiner is still non-contact. Dermott will also have tomorrow and the game day skate on Saturday before getting back on the ice, plenty of time to determine if he's ready.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes but with who they have available right now (Oz, Holl and him) he's really the 'best' option. He's been the better player out of those three (which is not that hard to do). So unless Rosen get called up he'll stay there until Gardiner is healthy.
Did you watch the 1st Flyers goal? I did. Honestly I would not have Marincin on any pro team. He is at best an AHL level player. At best.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Did you watch the 1st Flyers goal? I did. Honestly I would not have Marincin on any pro team. He is at best an AHL level player. At best.
Marincin is a very good AHL defenceman. He's easily a first pairing guy down there. He just doesn't have the next gear needed to be an NHL regular.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Be glad when Dermott is back.
If there is any silver lining (don’t want the kid hurt for sure) but he got a little rest, wasn’t part of bleeding goals against and should have some good jump at this time of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad