Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Non coyotes fan: Chychrun 48 votes
Coyotes fan: Chychrun 2 votes

giphy.gif

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Dermott is very under rated on Hfboards. It's like people think the defense sucks and if they see a name that isn't a "brand" around the league they just assume they are terrible.

No one mentions Chychrun's injury history either.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Dermott is very under rated on Hfboards. It's like people think the defense sucks and if they see a name that isn't a "brand" around the league they just assume they are terrible.

Dermott may be the most overrated player by Leaf fans on HF Boards since Luke Schenn.
He may yet become a top 4 guy but he’s not close yet.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
he's losing a poll to an inferior player and people like you can't even justify your vote. he's probably one of the most underrated players to be honest
He’s losing a poll to a much better player. Your so-called stats have already been debunked many times by many posters. You’re just blindly cheerleading at this point.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
they've not, at all. And you've still provided absolutely nothing of substance. I wonder why that is, if the answer is so obvious here
I’ve provided as much of substance as you have.
11 ‘non Leaf fans’ voting for Dermott and at least three of them are Leaf fans who vote for the Leafs in every poll.
:laugh:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I’ve provided as much of substance as you have.
11 ‘non Leaf fans’ voting for Dermott and at least three of them are Leaf fans who vote for the Leafs in every poll.
:laugh:
no, you haven't. you refuse to accept any evidence or provide any of your own. And now you're trying to deflect by bringing up who voted for what option in the poll, as if that means anything

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Dermott may be the most overrated player by Leaf fans on HF Boards since Luke Schenn.
He may yet become a top 4 guy but he’s not close yet.

Sure whatever you say lol. Not that I really care to be honest these polls are only good to look back on and call people out. There is no integrity to them at all.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Leaf fans with there "underlying stats". You guy's amaze me how you find new ways to twist/cherry pick stats to pump up your player.

Look who Chychrun plays for!!!!!! If he played for the Leaf's he'd probably have 40+ points already!

you guy's really don't know how to look at stats with context....

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Leaf fans with there "underlying stats". You guy's amaze me how you find new ways to twist/cherry pick stats to pump up your player.

Look who Chychrun plays for!!!!!! If he played for the Leaf's he'd probably have 40+ points already!

Guy rips on people for using stats to support their argument, provides zero proof to back up his own argument.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

he'd have 40+ points in 32 games (with no powerplay time) because you say so, but real numbers are too unreliable for you to believe in. that's funny

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

When you’ve got Leaf fans claiming he’s better than guys like Larsson and Pesce, it’s easy to see why people think he’s overrated. He’s a good dman, and going to be better. But he’s still a bottom pairing dman right now. And he’s not underrated just because people call him overrated.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
So if I may interject, if it's so obvious and not even close since Travis Dermott is a sheltered overrated 3rd pair dman, why does this poll exist?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
When you’ve got Leaf fans claiming he’s better than guys like Larsson and Pesce, it’s easy to see why people think he’s overrated. He’s a good dman, and going to be better. But he’s still a bottom pairing dman right now. And he’s not underrated just because people call him overrated.
do you think Dermott is a bottom pairing dman and Chychrun isn't? why?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Because I happen to watch both teams quite a lot, and prefer Chychrun

So you preferring someone makes them not a bottom pairing defenseman even though QoC metrics say they are in fact used like a bottom pairing defenseman?

Well in that case, I prefer Dermott, so he is no longer a 3rd pairing defenseman either.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011

Well personally I have never seen a single Leaf fan say he is better than Pesce and they'd be rightfully called out even on the Leaf board if they did so not sure about that. Maybe you just saw it in a heated discussion or something because no one thinks that. Larsson I think is pretty over rated. No offense and average defense so I could see the argument there.

He is a bottom pairing D only because of the D in front of him. All of his underlying metrics point to him him much better than his role. He won't beat out Gardiner or Rielly so he is on the bottom pair and Babcock refuses to play guys on their off sides except for certain exceptions such as Hainsey.

Every single partner he has ever had has had their metrics go up playing with him and fall back down away from him. With Gardiner out with back spasms he played on the 2nd pair with Z and looked incredible.

He is also only 21. I think calling him a bottom pairing D is just as incorrect as calling him a top 4 D. He is clearly a 2nd pair capable D based on basically everything we have to go on. If he was a RD he's be on the top pairing.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Chychrun by quite a lot (not that Dermott isn’t good)

I just need to know what metrics people are using to make statements like this

Dermott plays sheltered minutes but absolutely crushes those minutes.

Chycrun plays slightly less sheltered minutes but struggles heavily with them.

Tableau Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad