• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Leaf fans with there "underlying stats". You guy's amaze me how you find new ways to twist/cherry pick stats to pump up your player.

Look who Chychrun plays for!!!!!! If he played for the Leaf's he'd probably have 40+ points already!

you guy's really don't know how to look at stats with context....
Well said!
Taking stats which are influenced by team success is the very definition of using stats out of context. It’s like some posters don’t understand that the fact Toronto is much better than Arizona will pump up Dermott’s stats and negatively impact Chychrun.
Honestly this is such a basic and simple concept you have to wonder at the motives here.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Well said!
Taking stats which are influenced by team success is the very definition of using stats out of context. It’s like some posters don’t understand that the fact Toronto is much better than Arizona will pump up Dermott’s stats and negatively impact Chychrun.
Honestly this is such a basic and simple concept you have to wonder at the motives here.
if someone said Dermott would be the best offensive dman in the league if he played for Tampa, would you say that was a smart argument? I'm going to assume not, because it wouldn't agree with your opinion, even though the principle is the same

Reactions: LeafsNation75

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Some days goals are more valuable, some days it's "primary assists", recently it's cherry picked underlying stats with no context - signed every HF leaf fans...
some days it's speculating that a 3rd pairing dman would lead the league in points per game among defenseman if only he played for the Leafs. oh wait, that was your claim

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'd love to have Chychrun as well but I don't see how this could be anyone but Dermott based on numbers and the eye test.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Non coyotes fan: Chychrun 48 votes
Coyotes fan: Chychrun 2 votes

giphy.gif
The real number needed is Arizona fans voting for Dermott

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
I don't know much about Dermott, seems like a fine young dman.

But Chych is amazing and locked on a very good deal for the next 6 years, also he is only 20 years old. He would be so hyped, if he didn't play for small market team.

Edit: Maybe i shouldn't vote, because i haven't watched Dermott that much, but giving homer vote for Chych was too tempting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad