Speculation: Traverse City Tournament

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Yeah, I wasn't sure what the eligibility rules were for the tournament, and didn't feel like looking them up. Maybe Day isn't there and one of Hajek/Lindgren is there instead.
On the forwards, there might be a lot of invites. So many of our free agent prospects are either in Europe or NCAA.

I think the rule is something like you can only bring two players with a full season or more of pro experience. I think the Devils brought Chad Wiseman at age 28 one year.

i don't even know if it's about 'rules' per se,
as noted Devils have sometimes had 'looser' guidelines for who they include in rookie tourneys or 'rookie' preseason games

but in my memory, NYR have consistently been conservative in how many 'experienced pros' that they include,
unless there are additional injury or roster considerations,
IIRC, such as the goalie, Stacjer, maybe it was, i think he played at TC despite a couple pro seasons already, but he had injury history, and also NYR didn't have available rookie G depth ...

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
IIRC, such as the goalie, Stacjer, maybe it was, i think he played at TC despite a couple pro seasons already, but he had injury history, and also NYR didn't have available rookie G depth ...
THE Scott Stacjer? Injury history?

The only injury history he had was a history of shattering the pelvises of any brave enough...or stupid enough to venture into his crease. Terrified by the very real possibility that Crosby would have to face this verified level 10 ice demon several times every year, the NHL instead worked out a generous severance package that Scott gladly accepted.

To this day, he is said to stalk the ruins of known hockey hub: Camden, NJ, brutally disposing of those who would talk ill of the crease that he once so ardently defended.

A seemingly impossible tale for sure, yet it pales in comparison to the just as real horror that is 'The Red Dread: Mackenzie Skapski"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad