Post-Game Talk: Traverse City tournament. Leafs finish with 2-1 record.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ovichnnikov looks much more involved today. Almost just scored on a great feed from Hirvonen.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
He was playing center last game .
More responsibility maybe.

Yeah I think him and Minten don't mesh well. Minten reminds me more of a Tavares. Seems good around the net and down low but he obviously slower than Cowen. It seems they are coaching the centers to carry it and have the wingers standing still to break in and that is not Cowen's strength.

Like asking Nylander to not carry with speed but wait for Tavares to give him the puck with pressure at a standstill

Reactions: notDatsyuk

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Cowen with the penalty. Not having a great game

Damn that shot was nasty can't blame Hildbeast on that

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bednar standing on his head for the Red Wings. He's been amazing for them. Just made another couple big saves.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Cowen again haha. He is still really raw but there is potential there for sure.

Oh man that guy got absolutely rekt

horner

May 22, 2007
Yeah I think him and Minten don't mesh well. Minten reminds me more of a Tavares. Seems good around the net and down low but he obviously slower than Cowen. It seems they are coaching the centers to carry it and have the wingers standing still to break in and that is not Cowen's strength.

Like asking Nylander to not carry with speed but wait for Tavares to give him the puck with pressure at a standstill
He played center the first to games.
And you won't always have your a game.

Kaser for detroit seems very steady but not a top 10 pick

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs have been all over the Red Wings. Just couldn't score despite great chances. Bednar was stellar but now with their goaltending change, maybe they can cash in on a cold goaltender.

Still 2-0 Red Wings.

Reactions: thinkblue

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wings get a break and a goal. Bad defensive coverage on the rebound there. 3-2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad