Post-Game Talk: Traverse City tournament. Leafs finish with 2-1 record.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Cowen and Minten being the 2 best players is funny, some people still complain about them to this day; and annoyingly still will.
Don't think a preseason tournament is going to change much. The people that don't like them are still going to complain and those on the fence will still be cautiously optimistic

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Marlow88

Dec 29, 2013
Were any of the free agent CHL invitees good enough to be signed to an entry level deal?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cowen and Minten being the 2 best players is funny, some people still complain about them to this day; and annoyingly still will.

Minten needs a much better season this time around. It's a good start but a 3 game sample in the off-season isn't really going to change much if his season is pretty average.

Were any of the free agent CHL invitees good enough to be signed to an entry level deal?

For me, I'd probably give an ELC to Spencer Sova to secure his rights. He's a great skater and has good size. I think there are good tools there. He did relatively well on a terrible Errie Otters team. He's not Marlies eligible since he turns 20 in January.

The rest of the players like Frasca, Mastrosimone and Greenway are signed with the Marlies so there's no rush to ELC them.

I didn't see enough of Leslie to really give him an ELC though. He really didn't stand out.

Reactions: Marlow88

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Minten needs a much better season this time around. It's a good start but a 3 game sample in the off-season isn't really going to change much if his season is pretty average.

For me, I'd probably give an ELC to Spencer Sova to secure his rights. He's a great skater and has good size. I think there are good tools there. He did relatively well on a terrible Errie Otters team. He's not Marlies eligible since he turns 20 in January.

The rest of the players like Frasca, Mastrosimone and Greenway are signed with the Marlies so there's no rush to ELC them.

I didn't see enough of Leslie to really give him an ELC though. He really didn't stand out.
Was hoping to see him play more. Only got one game in with 7 D. Sova did impress me with the opportunity he was given.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad