Prospect Info: Traverse City Roster

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If Pronman wanted to talk about someone I'd talk about Mikkola, I thought he did really well considering the NA ice transition and how it effects defensive positioning, especially when a forward is trying to use the outside to get around you. I think each game he got better and better, I will never put much offensive expectations on him but I still think he can become the Blues' 5-6 guy.

I only saw two games (missed the CBJ game) but Mikkola showed promise. However, it seems like he was constantly misfiring on passes to his teammates...like, unable to complete simple passes. That’s a huge concern, as he’d probably be able to supplant Gunnarmeester if he had even average puck-skills, which i’ve yet to see him display.

Reactions: The Note in MI

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The good thing is that we can let Kyrou, Kostin, Walman, Mikkola, Stevens, Foley, Musil, Reinke, etc all just bask in the AHL the entire season. Some may see call-ups, but given our depth, we don't really need anything out of any of them in the NHL this year. Let them gain some chemistry with each other and get a little better, and a lot should be pushing for spots in a year.

Thomas is probably the only rookie that makes the team and contributes, which is perfectly fine with me. (And Schmaltz if he counts too). We're in good shape. I personally don't really care about this tournament that much.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I only saw two games (missed the CBJ game) but Mikkola showed promise. However, it seems like he was constantly misfiring on passes to his teammates...like, unable to complete simple passes. That’s a huge concern, as he’d probably be able to supplant Gunnarmeester if he had even average puck-skills, which i’ve yet to see him display.
That's just Blues hockey my friend....the inability to make or receive a simple pass.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Bokk tried to dipsy doodle around a guy at the D blueline and got his pocket picked. Mikkola had to take a penalty to prevent a great chance, negating the PP.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Better structure and support today so far, but I can't quite tell if that's because the Blues are playing better or because the Rangers are so much worse than other teams or maybe both.

Kostin lookin' good. Thomas lookin' good. Walman is a mess. Noel...has a long way to go, let's put it that way.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
What a goal on the breakaway. Is that our first lead all tournament?

I think so yes.

Nice gift breakaway to Kyrou and nice move by Kyrou to finish it off.

I haven’t seen Kyrou drive play a ton but he’s sure taken advantage of the opposition’s mistakes well.

And nice scrap from Tucker there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad