Travel Thread

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Just got home from a weekend in Seoul.

Was supposed to be back to Tokyo with a friend, but full flights meant a quick change of plans, so it was off to South Korea for the first time.

Neat city...but I enjoy Tokyo way more.

I also filled my passport...without realizing it. I thought the last couple pages in the passport would work for Visas and Stamps. Sadly, they don't, they are endorsement pages.

That means I need to expedite a passport this week (preferably same day), so that I can send it off for my Philippine Work Visa.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was looking at a cheap vacay in Istanbul, much to the horror of my parents who thought they'd never see me again.

Sure enough, terrorist bombing in Ankara over the weekend. They'd probably slash my tires if it meant keeping me from going to the airport. :laugh:

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I was looking at a cheap vacay in Istanbul, much to the horror of my parents who thought they'd never see me again.

Sure enough, terrorist bombing in Ankara over the weekend. They'd probably slash my tires if it meant keeping me from going to the airport. :laugh:

It seems like most of that stuff in Turkey is staying in the capital and points east. With the exception of the bombing back in January (which looked quite targeted, when you look at who was killed), I think Istanbul is pretty safe.

Istanbul's a gorgeous city; I wouldn't write it off if you really want to see it.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Definitely visit Istanbul if you have the chance. Obviously you don't have guaranteed safety no matter where you travel. But with common sense, you should do just perfectly fine there. I've heard it's gorgeous too. Definitely one of my "go to places" at some point. But it's still pretty far down on my list.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Last year in terms of travel outside Canada for me was Las Vegas, San Francisco (for work, personal time too), Chicago (for work, personal time too), London and then Berlin.

Only have a trip to Tampa to visit my buddy in May booked so far this year, but thinking of London again this fall to visit my sister then Amsterdam and potentially Iceland and Copenhagen.

Really in that traveling mindset right now. Need to get out of Toronto for a bit. :laugh:

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006

Parents? Live with mommy and daddy?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seems like he got some that still care about him. ;) Feelin' him, same story with a friend of mine who wanted to go abroad to Istanbul for half a year.
Parents freaked out and he's going to Australia now. Not the worst alternative.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Has anyone here ever traveled I-10 in West Texas? Always been intriguing to me for some reason.

I've done I-40 from Barstow to Flagstaff, which is very similar.

American pop culture had given me the same desire to travel a desert highway that you seem to have; it was just as fun as I expected it to be :D

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've done I-40 from Barstow to Flagstaff, which is very similar.

American pop culture had given me the same desire to travel a desert highway that you seem to have; it was just as fun as I expected it to be :D

I'd like to take a western and rocky Mountain road trip one day. Been dying to visit the Four Corners.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
So Kazakhstan's been cancelled. Flying into Vienna and out of Bucharest, and have two weeks in between.

For those of you in or near eastern Canada, everything on Turkish airlines out of Montreal to western Europe is dirt cheap if you're travelling in late May or early June.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Argentina suspended the reciprocity fee for US Passport holders today!

Previously they had charged $160 for a 10 year "visa" for entry.

fan75

Mar 22, 2002
Montreal
Thinking of going to Reykjavik in May for a few days... cheap tickets now from MTL. Is it worth it?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I am very sunburned in Costa Rica right now

been 90+ everyday I have been here

I love Costa Rica - where did you go?

Yay! Argentina is beautiful. Buenos Aires is one of my favourite cities in the world (and if you have time take a day trip to Colonia, Uruguay). The wine region is also nice.

Thinking of going to Reykjavik in May for a few days... cheap tickets now from MTL. Is it worth it?

My cousin has been there recently and she loved it.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

Somebody began to realize how counter-productive such charges are.

Chile used to have such fees until they realized it was causing more harm than good.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Unless plans changing I'll be in Berlin for a few days in the summer.

I don't really, travel much, but I'd like to in the future. Switzerland is next up on my bucket list.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad