Training camp

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
What a long long time between any real hockey it seems. It seems like the draft was 6 months ago. Will be good to get camp underway and see what we really have on this team.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
It's funny because in the summer I want to watch Oilers hockey because it's not on. Then by October/December I'm so uninterested because they are terrible. Summer is the only time I can expect them not to lose.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
It's funny because in the summer I want to watch Oilers hockey because it's not on. Then by October/December I'm so uninterested because they are terrible. Summer is the only time I can expect them not to lose.

Yeah!! No losses in almost 5 months!!!!

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
When does training camp start? I can't find it online.

It'll unofficially star a day or two before the 12th, which is the date of the first Youngstars game. I'm sure they'll bring the prospects in in advance of that by a couple days and run them through a few drills, so I think we'll start seeing some stuff in just under a week.

Can't wait to see the Youngstars. Nurse was cool last year, but I'm way more pumped this time with Nurse AND Draisaitl and Yakimov. Should be exciting.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
That was some pretty good info.

I found it interesting that MacT is currently driving his son to Iowa for hockey.

Wonder what kind of conversation that would be.
I'd imagine somewhere in that conversation these words were heard, "please don't draft me Dad".

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Does anyone know if training camp is open to the public this year? I don't think it's been public since the first year Renny was head coach.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Does anyone know if training camp is open to the public this year? I don't think it's been public since the first year Renny was head coach.

Ohh the days of free popcorn and coffee sitting in a chilly rink, watching camp get under way. Take me back to my life as an undergrad

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
A little? Yikes! :help:

This being higher than NHL ticket to ride lowest pricing in 80% of US rinks..

That said I'll be going. ftr it was about 25last year. Some milking going on. I think it might've sold out last year.

U of A won't have the same strong team this year. The CIAU champs have quite a few players who won't be back.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This being higher than NHL ticket to ride lowest pricing in 80% of US rinks..

That said I'll be going. ftr it was about 25last year. Some milking going on. I think it might've sold out last year.

U of A won't have the same strong team this year. The CIAU champs have quite a few players who won't be back.

They definitely take advantage of a strong fan base. Imagine if they tried to pull the same thing off in say Phoenix? How many fans would be in the stands?

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
They definitely take advantage of a strong fan base. Imagine if they tried to pull the same thing off in say Phoenix? How many fans would be in the stands?

Tons I bet.

they'd charge 30 bucks at the gate but give them away with every 6 pack of budweiser at the liquor store. :sarcasm:

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
The way I see it.....getting to see Nurse, Draisaitl & company battle the Golden bears squad >>>> 2 packs of premium smokes. So I'm in.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
In case anyone missed it (or maybe I missed it and it's already been talked about):

@TomGazzola
Less than a week to go until Young Stars Tournament in Penticton. Oilers TV will broadcast all Edmonton games, starting Friday night vs VAN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad