News Article: Training Camp Talk Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
DnPLMYhV4AAkIAj.jpg:large

here's the roster after the cuts. I'm pleasantly surprised SDA is still around. he's the only junior player left

I also like Durzi and Hollowell on the Marlies. Both looked good

Reactions: Eb

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Borgman is the D with physicality that we need. Anyone know how he's looked thus far?
Borgman and Holl played together quite a bit and both did a real solid job against the Mathews line , and provided solid blueline support on the offensive end without getting burned or trapped .Overall I would say white did a much better job preventing the cycle and moving the puck up and out , we don't get to see time stats but white was appeared to cycle and hold the Ozone better as well , I know the faceoffs were very loosely done but Naz looked like he won more than he lost against Mathews and you know by that smile on Naz's face that Gards is going to get it LOL . No sign of Marner , Tavares and Hymen today for blue .

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
they need 2 teams for preseason games
not sure when the next cuts are though
Yeah I remembered we go split squad after I asked lol , still 2 extra forwards and 4 extra D for 2 squads , I actually would have expected the opposite with so many good forwards . Watching who handles the speed and skill guys so far I like Holl and Borgman for our bottom pair , Marincin has been invisible and most of the speedy young guys don't have the solid D quality yet . They have the hands and feet but when the going gets heavy they get pushed off , it's a closed rink you can't always run away from contact .

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Good to see the Leafs brass keep Emerson Clark and Clune around for preseason. Neither have legit shots at making the Leafs but preseason is a bit of a silly time with a few goofs looking to make an impression.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Good to see the Leafs brass keep Emerson Clark and Clune around for preseason. Neither have legit shots at making the Leafs but preseason is a bit of a silly time with a few goofs looking to make an impression.
Agreed , it would also be nice if they could talk Domi into coming in for a session or two with the guys that are going to stick around , just so they can take care of themselves if the need arises .

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
DnPLMYhV4AAkIAj.jpg:large

here's the roster after the cuts. I'm pleasantly surprised SDA is still around. he's the only junior player left

I also like Durzi and Hollowell on the Marlies. Both looked good

Next cuts will be the 5 injured, Loverde Nielsen, Sandin, Subban, as well as two forwards.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Anyone know Emerson Clark? He's the only name I don't recognize

Surprised he was not cut with everyone else. He's going to be in the ECHL more than likely.

However he may be challenging for Clune's spot as the skill enforcer as well... in the AHL. So why they are still around is beyond me. Probably just need some bodies who can hit and crash, and will both be gone in the next wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad