News Article: Training Camp Talk Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
SDA had a pretty nice goal too in the shootout. Went short side bar and in. Matty shootout goal was very nonchalant.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So would every besides Babcock I guess. That line would be scary good

Johnsson will almost certainly start beside Kadri in October. Kapanen has a bit of a tougher job beating Brownie.

It's now day 3 of camp. Both Chris Johntson and McKenzie said Kapanen and AJ entered camp as "4th lines". Babcock and management aren't going to hand them a spot on our top shutdown line. You need to give them something to fight for.

Babcock was asked if he thought Kapanen as ready to play an important role at the NHL level, and Babcock said he thinks so, but he's gotta go out there and do it. Babcock doesn't think AJ, Kappy, Nylander, or Marner, are trash and thats why he puts them on the 4th line at times.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Johnsson will almost certainly start beside Kadri in October. Kapanen has a bit of a tougher job beating Brownie.

It's now day 3 of camp. Both Chris Johntson and McKenzie said Kapanen and AJ entered camp as "4th lines". Babcock and management aren't going to hand them a spot on our top shutdown line. You need to give them something to fight for.

Babcock was asked if he thought Kapanen as ready to play an important role at the NHL level, and Babcock said he thinks so, but he's gotta go out there and do it. Babcock doesn't think AJ, Kappy, Nylander, or Marner, are trash and thats why he puts them on the 4th line at times.
I guess that's fair to say, although I know Babcock can get into keeping players in spots for longer than he should. But as he says, he might be stupid in the short term but figure it out in the long term, so I'm not going to worry about it

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Funny thing is, I wouldve actually loves Connor Carrick as the 6th D-Man. He def has the grit/physical element to his game, to go along with his stick handling.

But he's just so goddamn undersized. If he was any taller, he would be perfect. He's just too small.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Funny thing is, I wouldve actually loves Connor Carrick as the 6th D-Man. He def has the grit/physical element to his game, to go along with his stick handling.

But he's just so goddamn undersized. If he was any taller, he would be perfect. He's just too small.
Borgman is the D with physicality that we need. Anyone know how he's looked thus far?

Reactions: teddygmr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->