News Article: Training camp ongoing. Camp discussion part 2

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I believe he was the MVP in the worlds this year i think? im not 100% sure.
But yeah, losing him and Sekera would be game over for us.
2018 IIHF World Championship - Wikipedia

Yes he did according to article. OEL had high praise for him. I really like the way our defence is looking 2-3 years from now. I would like for one of Bear or Bouchard to play with Larsson for awhile to get their feet wet

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Yes I agree you, I guess the way I typed it made it seem like i was mocking it.

Signing Garrison? What I do know is that we have an extra 5.5 mill to play with when Sekera gets put on the LTIR. Getting a 6th for someone not making the team is great though.
Well they have $5.5 only if they exceed the cap, from my understanding, so a few things need to happen I guess?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yes I agree you, I guess the way I typed it made it seem like i was mocking it.

I don't think so, but we shall see when the season starts and we have an extra 5.5 mill to play with when Sekera gets put on the LTIR. Getting a 6th for someone not making the team is great though.

Yes, that is what I'm referring to is the 5.5 mil. Is it today that we can put Sekera on LTIR?
I agree, getting a 6th for a guy not making the team is a bonus

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yes, that is what I'm referring to is the 5.5 mil. Is it today that we can put Sekera on LTIR?
I agree, getting a 6th for a guy not making the team is a bonus

Not until the 4th I believe. It's the day after the season starts from what I've been told.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I call bs on that. Petterson is being knocked down every second in the NHL right now, and looking kinda useless in tight spots and board battles

Svechnikov has been demoted to a 4th line cuz of some bad play(but he is a rook)

Both players are still being utilized proper on the pp

When it comes to JP and his pp usage...there simply is no excuse of any kind that makes sense. If he hasn't earned anything...don't put him out there. Period

Putting him out there and using him in the middle is stupid

There is something afoot here w/ him and the coaches are being stooooopid!

Tons of narratives coming outta media that Bear was REWARDED OT for having a good game

JP comes out as a standout this pre-season and not only isn't rewarded w/ any type of PP usage, he is used as a pawn in OT w/ Tmac faking puting him out there lmao

Ain't that the truth.

I'm perfectly fine with him starting on the 3rd line and in fact, I've warmed to it being absolutely the right move for a multitude of reasons.

However, he still had one of the lowest TOI of all forwards in his last game, hasn't seen a second on top unit PP despite it looking like dog poo most of preseason and STILL not one second in a 3 on 3 situation, all of this following excellent preseason play in which you'd think that he would be rewarded at some point (as Rattie and Yamamoto have been) so color me skeptical that TMac is going to do right by Jesse and reward him for strong play.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hopefully Nurse will be that for us sooner than later. I think he will have a great season.

Nurse is there. I expect @40-45 pts for him this year. How does 10 goals, 35 assists sound?
Also, I'm calling 27 for Puju, 33 for Rattie (if they keep on 1st line)

I'll get laughed at on the Puju prediction but his skating has improved X10.

Also, buy Aurora Cannabis stock

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Nurse is there. I expect @40-45 pts for him this year. How does 10 goals, 35 assists sound?
Also, I'm calling 27 for Puju, 33 for Rattie (if they keep on 1st line)

I'll get laughed at on the Puju prediction but his skating has improved X10.

Also, buy Aurora Cannabis stock
I bought low lmao. Its looking great now and in the future. They're talking to coca-cola to make some liquid products. lmao.

27 goals or points?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I bought low lmao. Its looking great now and in the future. They're talking to coca-cola to make some liquid products. lmao.

27 goals or points?

I'm calling 27 goals (and No, I'm not smoking Aurora right now)
I just think it is gonna come together for him and he will be seeing time on the PP. He has a wicked shot.
Go ahead call me crazy

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm calling 27 goals (and No, I'm not smoking Aurora right now)
I just think it is gonna come together for him and he will be seeing time on the PP. He has a wicked shot.
Go ahead call me crazy
The way he played in the pre season it could be a possibility, but not on the 3rd line imo.
We need our RW's to play consistently like they have shown us so far and I think we make the playoffs.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Don't think they can until Sekera's officially LTIR. Right now they have ~$590K cap space and minimum contract is $650K.
Fair, things are still in flux because there's Bouchard and Bear up, Aberg going down (or getting claimed), when is "day one" of the regulars season when we can see things start to happen?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
So are we assuming at this point that Chia is waiting until the first day of the regular season to put Sekera on LTIR and then they'll sign Garrison and Chiasson? That would give them 14 forwards and 8 defensemen though so somebody else would have to come off the roster to get down to 23 players. Not sure it makes a ton of sense to carry 8 defensemen with Bear or Bouchard always in the press box unless the plan is to send Bouchard back to junior relatively quickly. Either that or Chia's just trying to keep his options open as long as possible.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The way he played in the pre season it could be a possibility, but not on the 3rd line imo.
We need our RW's to play consistently like they have shown us so far and I think we make the playoffs.

I want him with Drai. He is the sniper Drai needs. All good lines over time had a Set-up man, Sniper, and Sand-paper guy.

Proof? Bossy-Sniper, Trottier-Set-up,Tonneli, Nystrom, Goring - Sand-paper
Gretzky-Set-up, Kurri-Sniper, Esa Tik-Sand-paper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad