Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Utica Comets make cuts

http://www.uticacomets.com/comets-trim-down-training-camp-roster/

Released:
- LD Ben Blood
- RD Spencer Humphries
- C\LW Steven Zalewski

Released to ECHL: (*ahem* because they were attending the AHL training camp on a tryout, and are being released from said tryout, and are returning to their contracted ECHL teams *ahem*)
- G Tony Capobianco (Elmira Jackals)
- C Matt Caria (Kalamazoo Wings)
- LW Eric Kattelus (Kalamazoo Wings)
- G Joel Martin (Kalamazoo Wings)
- C Cam Reid (Reading Royals)
- LW\LD Lane Scheidl (Kalamazoo Wings)

In related news, Utica Comets invitee LD Adam Comrie, who is still in camp, has signed a 1-year contract with the Reading Royals (ECHL).

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Springfield Falcons make roster moves

http://www.falconsahl.com/news/news/?article_id=360

Added: (per their official training camp roster
- LW Corey Cowick

Released to ECHL:
- RW David Marshall (Reading Royals)
- C Sean Wiles

Things get a bit interesting beyond that. Observe:

The Springfield Falcons have reassigned Defenseman Issac Macleod and Goaltender Scott Munroe to ECHL affiliate Kalamazoo Wings, Director of Hockey Operations Bruce Landon announced today. Additionally, the Falcons have released four players from their professional try-out agreements.

Forwards Sean Wiles, David Marshall and Christian Hanson and defenseman Mike Caruso have been released from Falcons training camp.

First of all, LD Isaac MacLeod was previously signed to an ECHL contract with the Elmira Jackals. The transaction of being reassigned to the Kalamazoo Wings leads me to believe either he was signed to an AHL contract with Springfield, or an ECHL contract with Kalamazoo (or had his rights traded to the Wings from the Jackals). Either way, he's headed to Kalamazoo.

Secondly, G Scott Munroe has been reassigned to the Kalamazoo Wings as well, which follows the same assumptions above. Either he's signed to an AHL deal or an ECHL deal.

Lastly, and strangely, C\RW Christian Hanson, who was attending training camp with the Lake Erie Monsters, was apparently released on October 2nd, per this tweet, added to the Springfield Falcons somewhere between then and the 4th, as per this tweet. And now this article way above, from yesterday, shows him being released from the Falcons as well.

Last edited:

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Portland Pirates invitee G Adam Brown is apparently signed with the Gwinnett Gladiators (ECHL) for the 2014-15 season. I personally haven't read any formal announcement, but per this article, it seems he's signed.

As it states:
The Gladiators received five AHL assignments from their AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates, on Monday. Forwards Dyson Stevenson and Nathan Burns, defensemen Joel Hanley and Bretton Stamler, and goaltender Adam Brown will join Gladiators training camp on Tuesday.

Dyson Stevenson and Joel Hanley are signed to AHL contracts with the Portland Pirates. Nathan Burns and Bretton Stalmer are signed to ECHL contracts with the Gwinnett Gladiators.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Portland Pirates invitee G Adam Brown is apparently signed with the Gwinnett Gladiators (ECHL) for the 2014-15 season. I personally haven't read any formal announcement, but per this article, it seems he's signed.

As it states:

Dyson Stevenson and Joel Hanley are signed to AHL contracts with the Portland Pirates. Nathan Burns and Bretton Stalmer are signed to ECHL contracts with the Gwinnett Gladiators.

This is where terminology is so important. If they were assignedto Gwinnett they are not under contract to Gwinnett but they are under contract to Portland. If they are under Gwinnett contracts, they can be called up by ANY of the AHL teams, not just Portland.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Utica Comets make cuts

http://www.uticacomets.com/comets-trim-down-training-camp-roster/

Released:
- LD Ben Blood
- RD Spencer Humphries
- C\LW Steven Zalewski

Released to ECHL: (*ahem* because they were attending the AHL training camp on a tryout, and are being released from said tryout, and are returning to their contracted ECHL teams *ahem*)
- G Tony Capobianco (Elmira Jackals)
- C Matt Caria (Kalamazoo Wings)
- LW Eric Kattelus (Kalamazoo Wings)
- G Joel Martin (Kalamazoo Wings)
- C Cam Reid (Reading Royals)
- LW\LD Lane Scheidl (Kalamazoo Wings)

In related news, Utica Comets invitee LD Adam Comrie, who is still in camp, has signed a 1-year contract with the Reading Royals (ECHL).

So why aren't you saying "Released to the DEL" or "Released to the CHL" or "Released to the SPHL", etc.?

They were RELEASED. Period. Where they go is their choice not the team releasing them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
On;y 2 tryouts are left with the Flames after 2 rounds of cuts
Adirondack_zpsc8bb531c.gif
Status|Name|Pos.|HT|WT|2013-14 Team|League|GP|G|A|P|PIM|2014-15 Team|League|Notes
| GILLIES , Trevor|LW|6'3"|236|HIFK Helsinki|Finland|3|0|0|0|54|||
|||||Orlando Solar Bears|ECHL|5|0|0|0|21|||
|||||Abbotsford Heat|AHL|9|0|0|0|12|||
| STEVENSON , Dustin|LD|6'5"|220|Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins|AHL|7|0|0|0|7|||
|||||Wheeling Nailers|ECHL|57|5|21|26|115|||

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
This is where terminology is so important. If they were assignedto Gwinnett they are not under contract to Gwinnett but they are under contract to Portland. If they are under Gwinnett contracts, they can be called up by ANY of the AHL teams, not just Portland.

Players under ECHL contracts cannot be "called up" by any AHL team, if I can put on my Terminology Police Cap & Badge on for a second.

They simply are signed to tryout contracts, or even AHL Standard Players Contracts if their play warrants an extension of that sort.

Being reassigned from an AHL team to an ECHL team, or vice versa, insinuates that the player is under contract with either of the teams involved in the transaction.

So why aren't you saying "Released to the DEL" or "Released to the CHL" or "Released to the SPHL", etc.?

They were RELEASED. Period. Where they go is their choice not the team releasing them.

Because in the cases of Ben Blood, Spencer Humphries, and Steven Zalewski respectively, they are not under contract with any team for 2014-15.

The rest of the players on that list (Capobianco, Caria, Kattelus, Martin, Reid, Scheidl) were RELEASED FROM THEIR AHL PTO. They return to their contracted teams, in these cases, all in the ECHL. Hence "Released to ECHL."

Wow. So I guess I was right in that few players would remain after the NHL made their cuts/assignments.

Wow. Because this was all just a competition of who would be right. :bow:

No, this is a thread to track AHL training camp invites. If you're so unhappy with the terminologies used in this one, go make your own! :)

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
No, this is a thread to track AHL training camp invites. If you're so unhappy with the terminologies used in this one, go make your own! :)

Well said. Thank you for doing this. I don't really care what the technical language is - it's neat to know who's coming and going and that's all I want to know here.

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Well said. Thank you for doing this. I don't really care what the technical language is - it's neat to know who's coming and going and that's all I want to know here.

And 99% of the people who read this thread, post in this thread, or quietly keep to themselves while still using this thread as a valuable resource, feel the exact same way.

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
On;y 2 tryouts are left with the Flames after 2 rounds of cuts

Adirondack Flames make cuts

http://www.adirondackflames.com/news/?article_id=54

Released:
- G Mathieu Corbeil
- C Matt Lowry

Released to ECHL:
- RD Collin Bowman (Colorado Eagles)
- C\LW Trent Daavettila (Colorado Eagles)
- C Brent Gwidt (Utah Grizzlies)
- RD Daniel Johnston (Colorado Eagles)
- LD Nolan Julseth-White (Ontario Reign)
- RD Zach Tolkinen (Elmira Jackals)
- LD Teigan Zahn (Colorado Eagles)

Released to QMJHL:
- LW Christophe Lalonde (Moncton Wildcats)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad