Pre-Game Talk: Training Camp/Exhibition game talk (camp 7/13, exhibition games 7/28-7/30)

How many Avs players will opt out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Really hope the Avs get their special teams figured out. If they can do that, they'll be dominant. This season they were:

4th in GF/gp (3.37)
6th in GA/gp (2.71)

19th in PP% (19.1%)
13th in PK% (81.4%)
I just heard/saw something that said we were much better with Namestikov in the lineup than before, on the PK. I don’t know how to look up that kind of stuff....but if so, at least that’s promising.

I’d agree that our PP needs a talking to.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I just heard/saw something that said we were much better with Namestikov in the lineup than before. I don’t know how to look up that kind of stuff. But if so, at least that’s promising.

I’d agree that our PP needs a talking to.
A big reason the PP was inconsistent was because of the constant injuries and shuffling of players on that unit. Bednar himself even said as much in an interview this week. With a fully healthy PP they should be able to find some rhythm so I'm not concerned about that. The main question mark is whether or not the goalies will be sharp.

Reactions: 5280

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I actually haven’t seen many teams release their rosters yet. Maybe a lot of them are just waiting until tomorrow to send them out.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I still think Redmond was a solid defenseman. He's pretty dominant in the A.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I am annoyed. And Krebs made the Vegas roster. Byram and Bowers better be on it. Our AHL nobodies can watch on TV like everyone else.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Bowers would be fun but I'd understand the cut. With Byram, if he's ostensibly not good enough to be our 10th defensemen, how does that jive with the club wanting him to make the team out of another camp a few months later

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I am annoyed. And Krebs made the Vegas roster. Byram and Bowers better be on it. Our AHL nobodies can watch on TV like everyone else.

If they take a an NHL never will be like Lindholm or MacDonald... that’s a bad sign. nhL allowing a few extra skaters in the Minnesota scrimmage which gives Byram a game to grow.

Can’t waste that On two guys that are done with the Avs, barbario and Connauton, whom will be press box for most if not all the playoffs.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Is it true there's less penalties called in playoffs compared to regular season? That would work in our favour. Good five vs five team but not so good in special teams.

I think playoffs might have more fights/brawls but less penalties in general. No idea if it's true though.

Reactions: McMetal

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is it true there's less penalties called in playoffs compared to regular season? That would work in our favour. Good five vs five team but not so good in special teams.

I think playoffs might have more fights/brawls but less penalties in general. No idea if it's true though.
Playoffs there are definitely less penalties but on the other hand. However if these playoffs are anything like “October hockey” after comparable summer long layoffs there will be an influx in penalties. I’m guessing it will probably balance each other out.

The best news though is that there is no 3v3 OT. Mackinnon has that extra endurance that no human in the world is supposed to have which means he’ll still be flying even into OT. The Avs have been practicing an altitude which will help. Plus like you said, they’re a great team 5v5. Probably the best team in the league 5v5 actually. OT games should be a big benefit for the Avs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What time is practice today. Doesn’t It usually start exactly right now? Haven’t seen so much a tweet from anybody Avs media related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad