GDT: Training Camp and Scrimmages

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
With the NHL season approaching fast just thought we'd talk about the upcoming training camp and current scrimmages that are coming up.

adater ‏@adater
I'll have pics and videos of Avs scrimmage on my blog later

adater ‏@adater
Duchene dominating this scrimmage

adater ‏@adater
Hejduk looks fast

adater ‏@adater
Duchene looks hella good out there

adater ‏@adater
No Avs didn't sign Budaj or Svatos again. Just informal scrimmage
Expand

adater ‏@adater
Peter Budaj also with Avs this morning

adater ‏@adater
Marek Svatos and Kyle Quincey skating with Avs players this mornong

adater ‏@adater
Avs players on ice here: Duchene, Landy, Jones, O'Byrne,Hejda, Johnson, Hejduk, O'Brien, Wilson, Zanon, Hunwick, McLeod, Giguere

adater ‏@adater
Nuggets have home games Jan. 18 and 20. So if Avs open at home, it'd have to be 19th. Still waiting official sked

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I was always a Svatos fan, unfortunately his attitude and work ethic early on did not match his skills IMO. Hopefully this break has given him some time to regroup and refocus, he may have a few years left yet wherever he lands.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Knees are gone. No chance he does anything significant.

I know he's not even in the same tier as Selanne, but hey, who knows, Svatos may just have a great year.

He is playing with the Florida Avalanche after all and every ex Av that goes their seems to do great.

ficohok*

With the NHL season approaching fast just thought we'd talk about the upcoming training camp and current scrimmages that are coming up.

adater ‏@adater
I'll have pics and videos of Avs scrimmage on my blog later

adater ‏@adater
Duchene dominating this scrimmage

adater ‏@adater
Hejduk looks fast

adater ‏@adater
Duchene looks hella good out there

adater ‏@adater
No Avs didn't sign Budaj or Svatos again. Just informal scrimmage
Expand

adater ‏@adater
Peter Budaj also with Avs this morning

adater ‏@adater
Marek Svatos and Kyle Quincey skating with Avs players this mornong

adater ‏@adater
Avs players on ice here: Duchene, Landy, Jones, O'Byrne,Hejda, Johnson, Hejduk, O'Brien, Wilson, Zanon, Hunwick, McLeod, Giguere

adater ‏@adater
Nuggets have home games Jan. 18 and 20. So if Avs open at home, it'd have to be 19th. Still waiting official sked

I like this. :handclap:

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Are these scrimmages open to the public?

Or are they held at Pepsi Center and closed?

Also, I assume training camp will be at Family Sports Center and open to the public, right? :D

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Landeskog and McLeod on the ice:

20130108__Avs010813~p1.jpg

Landeskog off the ice:

BAHa7nUCYAAshkW.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Svaaatos.
Those Memories
Is it bad that I want him back?
Would suck if he got healthy and blooms in Florida.

Good to hear Hejduk being fast. I hope he can have a good year.
I am not sure that he will be back for next year. So hopefully he goes out in style.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Dater Article

Thirteen Avalanche players skated Tuesday morning, two days after a tentative agreement on a new NHL collective bargaining agreement was reached. Being back in the team's practice dressing room for the first time since the lockout ended felt like a great homecoming to all involved.

"It feels real good," Avs veteran Milan Hejduk said. "It was a long time in coming. There was some good family time during the break, but it's nice to be back on the ice."

Players mostly had an informal scrimmage, with Matt Duchene and Gabriel Landeskog also on hand. Duchene traveled 27 hours Sunday and Monday to get to Denver in time for the scrimmage.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_22333282/avalanche-players-return-ice-informal-scrimmage

Last edited by a moderator:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why the hell is Kyle Quincey even allowed in the building? The guy bad mouthed this organization and now hes skating with his ex teammates? WTF is this crap. Get him far away from my precious Avs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad