HF Habs: Training Camp 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I can't say I have followed the NHL much these past few years, what position would you expect Perry and Frolik to play, could either be the 4th line center if Evans struggles, since Evans doesn't need to clear waivers to go to Laval or taxi squad?

If Chia-Weber and Edm-Petry are the top pairs then then it should be a lot of fun seeing who wins what I assume would be Kulak vs Mete for 3rd LD and Romanov vs Juulsen for 3rd RD. Granted they could go Mete Kulak or Kulak Mete but after the playoffs I hope they keep Mete at LD.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I can't say I have followed the NHL much these past few years, what position would you expect Perry and Frolik to play, could either be the 4th line center if Evans struggles, since Evans doesn't need to clear waivers to go to Laval or taxi squad?

If Chia-Weber and Edm-Petry are the top pairs then then it should be a lot of fun seeing who wins what I assume would be Kulak vs Mete for 3rd LD and Romanov vs Juulsen for 3rd RD. Granted they could go Mete Kulak or Kulak Mete but after the playoffs I hope they keep Mete at LD.

I think you're right about Frolik being a possibility for 4C, and I see Perry both as LW and RW possibilities for injuries in the bottom 6. Camp will dictate if either merits a spot on the 4th line to start.

I also see Perry on PP2 parked in front of the opposing goalie on the nights he's in the lineup for us. Anderson has that role on PP1. Frolik, similarly, would be a PK2 option when he's in.

After the playoffs and considering the 'big boy hockey' that is coming according to a North Div player, I wouldn't want Mete in except in case of injuries. Kulak, Romanov, Juulsen and an outside chance of Fleury would be options for the 3rd pairing if bruising is expected. And bruising there will be... especially with what our other two pairings will be dishing out.

Reactions: montreal

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Historically speaking, Frolik has never played center. Most faceoffs he took was 120 in a season and his faceoff percentage career wise: 41.8%. He's a vet but I doubt we see him play at C. Weal has a better chance to be the one to fill-up if Evans flops than Frolik IMO.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Historically speaking, Frolik has never played center. Most faceoffs he took was 120 in a season and his faceoff percentage career wise: 41.8%. He's a vet but I doubt we see him play at C. Weal has a better chance to be the one to fill-up if Evans flops than Frolik IMO.

You're probably right, I mean 4C is a bit of a wildcard if Evans goes down... can Vejdemo not also enter the conversation? Poehling as well, if as Ramage says his attitude is night and day with last year?

In no particular order, it will depend on what the staff sees from Weal / Poehling / Vejdemo / Frolik at camp I suppose.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The Don Cherry list of good Canadian kids this year:

Tyler Toffoli
Carey Price
Shea Weber
Brendan Gallagher
Corey Perry
Joel Edmundson
Ben Chiarot
Josh Anderson
Nick Suzuki
Paul Byron
Jake Evans
Jordan Weal
Jake Allen
Brett Kulak
Noah Juulsen
Cale Fleury
Victor Mete

Phillip Danault

Jonathan Drouin

:sarcasm:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The Don Cherry list of good Canadian kids this year:

Tyler Toffoli
Carey Price
Shea Weber
Brendan Gallagher
Corey Perry
Joel Edmundson
Ben Chiarot
Josh Anderson
Nick Suzuki
Paul Byron
Jake Evans
Jordan Weal
Jake Allen
Brett Kulak
Noah Juulsen
Cale Fleury
Victor Mete

Phillip Danault

Jonathan Drouin

:sarcasm:

We only have 5 Euros/Russians on our team this year...that's very low.
KK..Lekhonen..Armia..Frolik..Romanov.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You're probably right, I mean 4C is a bit of a wildcard if Evans goes down... can Vejdemo not also enter the conversation? Poehling as well, if as Ramage says his attitude is night and day with last year?

In no particular order, it will depend on what the staff sees from Weal / Poehling / Vejdemo / Frolik at camp I suppose.

Did Ramage actually say that about Poehling? Well hopefully that's the case. If his head is in it and he can keep improving, I think he can be a damn fine player.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Did Ramage actually say that about Poehling? Well hopefully that's the case. If his head is in it and he can keep improving, I think he can be a damn fine player.

"I really like his attitude now. (...) He looks back at last year, he knows about some of the things he did wrong." -Ramage in his Fall interview about all Habs prospects he's talking to & tracking.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Maybe it's just to be able to play some scrimmage games.
Maybe...Still, I find it silly. First day, off ice...midway throught they have a day off, so that's like a week of on ice work.
I rather they'd spend it with just the 29 players they'll keep around, work on conditioning, reflexes, positioning, special teams, and certain set plays.
But hey, it's all good...at least they're back on the ice!

Reactions: Milhouse40

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The pandemic is surely making strange potential bedfellows.

No kidding. The taxi squad and diminished cap in the league is a welcome reprieve from the usual. Getting to add in players like Perry, Frolik and now apparently Vatenan or Hamonic is a crazy opportunity for teams who can squeeeze them in.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Okay, so now even Corey f***ing Perry pushes Armia down to 4th line. It seems that Armia doesn't get the respect here before he's gone and leaves a massive hole in the mid6.

Both Armia and Lehkonen are useful players that are going to get the short end of the stick with the Toffoli/Anderson additions. Perry doesn't even need to be in the lineup to force Armia to the fourth line.

Lehkonen works better in my mind on the left side with Kotkaniemi and Toffoli for a third line. I think he's better at grinding in the corners and getting the puck in the offensive end. I feel like he's still got 20 goal scorer potential and Toffoli and KK might just get him there.

Armia's biggest talents imo are his passing, puck protection, and defensive stick work. Armia would work better on a shutdown 3rd line, but we likely won't have one of those this year unless Suzuki and KK are our top 2C. Armia - Danault - Anderson would be a fun checking third line.

I feel what you're saying, and I think it applies to both Lehky and Army. Both are good players that we'll miss if we lose to injury, waivers or trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad