HF Habs: Training Camp 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Byron is still better then Frolik and Perry and I don’t think it’s close

That's my thinking as well...A bit of a waste of talent. If Byron can rebound (stay healthy) and score like he did the previous 2 seasons, than I'd rather have him on the active roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
I see :

Tatar Danault Gally
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Toffoli KK Perry
Lehkonen Evans Armia

Chiarot Weber
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Kulak
Mete

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Roma with Kulak (especially on the right side) is a little nerve racking. Can always switch it up if it doesn't click I guess.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Plenty of players will be in and out of the lineup especially in back to backs and depending on then opponents. Players like Byron, Perry, Frolik, Mete, Kulak, Evans etc. will cycle in and out of the lineup all year. Doubt any of them will have a fixed roster spot.

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Here’s some context. Not Byron hate, just math to not have to make any significant trades.

Alright then, no Byron and a short camp. 16 minutes for each of the top 3 lines, 12 minutes for the 4th lines. The pinnacle of fairness for contract years like Tatar and Danault. Claude goes back to his old top line and also uses the proven line Muller put together for games 4-5-6 against Philly.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Frolik - Perry

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Alright then, no Byron and a short camp. 16 minutes for each of the top 3 lines, 12 minutes for the 4th lines. The pinnacle of fairness for contract years like Tatar and Danault. Claude goes back to his old top line and also uses the proven line Muller put together for games 4-5-6 against Philly.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Frolik - Perry
Evans has shown he deserves to be on this roster.

Reactions: SpezNc2

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
14 forwards:
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Toffoli Kotkaniemi Armia
Byron Evans Lehkonen
Frolik Perry

7 defencemen:
Chariot Weber
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Kulak
Mete

2 goalies:
Price
Allen

23 man roster

6 men taxi squad:
G-Lindgren
D-Ouellet
D-Juulsen
F-Poehling
F-Weal
F-Vejdemo

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
14 forwards:
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Toffoli Kotkaniemi Armia
Byron Evans Lehkonen
Frolik Perry

7 defencemen:
Chariot Weber
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Kulak
Mete

2 goalies:
Price
Allen

23 man roster

6 men taxi squad:
G-Lindgren
D-Ouellet
D-Juulsen
F-Poehling
F-Weal
F-Vejdemo

Over the cap, doesn't work.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
14 forwards:
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Toffoli Kotkaniemi Armia
Byron Evans Lehkonen
Frolik Perry

7 defencemen:
Chariot Weber
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Kulak
Mete

2 goalies:
Price
Allen

23 man roster

6 men taxi squad:
G-Lindgren
D-Ouellet
D-Juulsen
F-Poehling
F-Weal
F-Vejdemo
Over the cap, doesn't work.

It's over the cap and Juulsen and Poehling need to be playing games, not sitting in the taxi all season. To me it's Laval or in the lineup for those 2.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Byron is a little underrated on hfboard.
Everyone wants to get rid of him ASAP but he's still somewhat decent.
In term of « players », byron is not that bad. However, with a flat cap during 2/3 years. His contract’s could be a problem soon. You don’t want a player on your 4th line paid 3,4 millions

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Here’s some context. Not Byron hate, just math to not have to make any significant trades.

I cant see that happening. Byron is a much better player than Frolik and Perry. They arent going to have Byron out of the roster just to keep Perry.

Frolik should clear waivers no problem. Hard to tell if Perry would clear waivers, but they probably will take the chance. Also gotta keep in mind that the chances an american team picks up Perry on waivers are low since that means Perry will need to travel back to the US and quarantine.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I cant see that happening. Byron is a much better player than Frolik and Perry. They arent going to have Byron out of the roster just to keep Perry.

Frolik should clear waivers no problem. Hard to tell if Perry would clear waivers, but they probably will take the chance. Also gotta keep in mind that the chances an american team picks up Perry on waivers are low since that means Perry will need to travel back to the US and quarantine.
It’s not a question of liking Byron as much as getting under the cap. Barring injury or a trade, a larger salary player needs to be on the taxi squad to make space. Byron and Weal are two of the higher paid bottom 6 players who can make that work unless you think Armia or Lehkonen won’t make the regular roster.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
It’s not a question of liking Byron as much as getting under the cap. Barring injury or a trade, a larger salary player needs to be on the taxi squad to make space. Byron and Weal are two of the higher paid bottom 6 players who can make that work unless you think Armia or Lehkonen won’t make the regular roster.

If we waive Weal, Frolik, Perry, and Juulsen, then I'm pretty sure we are under the cap

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If we waive Weal, Frolik, Perry, and Juulsen, then I'm pretty sure we are under the cap
All those players will be going up and down between roster and taxi. Does it matter who goes first or second? They’ll all cycle through which is the point of the taxi squad.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Byron is a little underrated on hfboard.
Everyone wants to get rid of him ASAP but he's still somewhat decent.

The problem with Byron is 100% his cap hit - 3.4M on the fourth line until 2023 is not good cap management. I like him as a player but he's overpaid imho, and I would be happy if we can move him asap.

Our depth on the wings makes it even easier to put him on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad