Training Camp 2018

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You bet. Lean Laine = Fast Laine = Deadly Laine. Good that "Bulky Laine" is behind us...

Looking forward to "Life in the Fast Laine".

I'd say Laine is about 6'5 tall, and weighs around 240 lbs, by looking at him on TV. If he lost around 8 lbs, it would add a lot of jump and speed. It's only 8-9 pounds but it makes a huge difference, not carrying that extra weight around -"way more endurance."

If he could his jump,speed and endurance up to the level of Wheeler or Scheiffle--"he'd be very deadly."

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I'd say Laine is about 6'5 tall, and weighs around 240 lbs, by looking at him on TV. If he lost around 8 lbs, it would add a lot of jump and speed. It's only 8-9 pounds but it makes a huge difference, not carrying that extra weight around -"way more endurance."

If he could his jump,speed and endurance up to the level of Wheeler or Scheiffle--"he'd be very deadly."
The report is that he dropped 14 lbs.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The report says he dropped 14 lbs.

That's great, so he now should be about 240- 14 = 226 lbs, or thereabouts. I saw him at tennis practice in Finland, and he looks very slim -I'd say anywhere from 220 to 226 lbs. For hockey I think a 6'5 guy should weigh ideally about 220-225 lbs-maximum, unless your a huge boned guy like Buff--who could look slim and still weigh 240 lbs.

We should notice a big change in Laine's speed this upcoming year-"great."

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Didn't that number just come from GNP's head?

Whats worse is people actually accepted it...my first thought was "there's no way in hell that's remotely true"

In other news Skyler McEnzie dropped 16 pounds and will be the first prospect to attend training camp weighing nothing at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Logan Stanley to take a big step forward on his way to replacing Trouba in two years.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
IWe're missing Laine, Ehlers, Helly and a couple others. We would like to get the complete team on there and thought our best chance was to get it at or before TC at Iceplex.
I'm think he's in town. His GF brings their dog to the dog park I go to, and I'm pretty sure they were there earlier this week.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
For whatever reason, I have this gut feeling that Tanev is going to have a really solid year.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Whats worse is people actually accepted it...my first thought was "there's no way in hell that's remotely true"

In other news Skyler McEnzie dropped 16 pounds and will be the first prospect to attend training camp weighing nothing at all.
A new Willie the "Whisp" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad