Only Line designation left

xxx Schiefele xxx
xxx Little xxx
xxx Lowry xxx
xxx xxx xxx

xxx Byfuglien
xxx Trouba
xxx Myers

Those are only the guaranteed spots players will play where. Otherwise , rest is still guessing.

GO JETS GO!!!

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/09/08/diving-in

Slowly, Poolman built up his strength to the point where he was skating in early August.

The second development that could affect Poolman’s ability to crack the lineup this season is the team’s summer signing of veteran free agent Dmitry Kulikov.

Suddenly the Jets blue line looks reasonably solid.

Poolman brushes aside questions about making the team with a one-day-at-a-time approach.

[...]

If history is any kind of guide we will have a injured by the second period of the first game and Poolman will be with the team on game 2.:sarcasm:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
The defensive battle will be for that 7th spot.

Chiarot, Poolman and Niku will most likely be competing for it, and I believe all will play NHL games this season.

This is the first season that there are some options on the backend that offer skill.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Chiarot, Poolman and Niku will most likely be competing for it, and I believe all will play NHL games this season.

This is the first season that there are some options on the backend that offer skill.

Niku and Poolman will play big minutes with the Moose, no need to make them sit in the PB, that's where Chiarot can be. Niku will also want to adjust a bit to the NA ice so no way he's #7, but I see both being first two recalls if they show well.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Since Chiarot needs waivers and sitting the PB is not ideal for development I'm guessing Poolman and Niku play big minutes on the Moose to start the season. I see them then getting call ups if they can slip directly into the line up.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Since Chiarot needs waivers and sitting the PB is not ideal for development I'm guessing Poolman and Niku play big minutes on the Moose to start the season. I see them then getting call ups if they can slip directly into the line up.

I expect Chiarot will start the season in the PB, but also expect us to have multiple defensemen out at the same time, throughout this season.

If Niku or Poolman get their shot and make the most of it, the may bump Chiarot down the depth chart.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Niku and Poolman will play big minutes with the Moose, no need to make them sit in the PB, that's where Chiarot can be. Niku will also want to adjust a bit to the NA ice so no way he's #7, but I see both being first two recalls if they show well.

I'm talking the true depth chart. Agree you want Poolman and Niku playing and developing with the Moose, and pretty sure they both will be there to start the season.

When they get their shot this season, and I believe they will, and they outperform Chiarot, which I believe they can, they will take over his minutes in the lineup, as our first call up for injuries to any of our top 6.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm talking the true depth chart. Agree you want Poolman and Niku playing and developing with the Moose, and pretty sure they both will be there to start the season.

When they get their shot this season, and I believe they will, and they outperform Chiarot, which I believe they can, they will take over his minutes in the lineup, as our first call up for injuries to any of our top 6.

Agreed, if Niku and Poolman prove themselves they likely leapfrog Chiarot into the lineup and then back to the Moose if everyone is healthy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Realistically, Niku needs some work to play effectively in his own zone without the puck, especially in the North American rinks. Poolman is probably closer because he's more advanced in development.

I think that Chiarot will be the first option if a LHD is out, and Poolman is first choice for a RHD.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I think it's quite likely that next summer enstrom is not resigned, Myers is traded and niku-poolman is our bottom pair next year.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Funny how a year ago, our defensive depth situation was so bleak, this year feels much more promising.

There are some ifs, if Niku and Poolman are NHL ready, if Myers and Toby can stay relatively healthy, but if both happen, we will have a very strong defensive rotation that can handle injuries.

Factor in that options like Nogier still exist, and showed he had some potential at the NHL level, Melchiori showed he can fill a hole for a game or 2, I feel much more confident in our defence this season than any previous one.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I would be very high on Poolman if he did not just have Dbl shoulder surgery. He was not in the line-up for the first 2 Y.G. games.

Shoulder surgery is tough to come back from as it's part of your core strength. Look at how FEHR stunk up the joint when we traded for him in the first year/ after his shoulder surgery. He was 1/2 the player he was in later years for Wash/ Pitts. When he was finally fully recovered.

I am a big Poolman fan, but I am cautious that we may not see his best for a year.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think it's quite likely that next summer enstrom is not resigned, Myers is traded and niku-poolman is our bottom pair next year.

Enstrom might be comtemplating retirement although it was rumoured that the quid pro quo for him waiving his NMC in june was a promise of an extension.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Funny how a year ago, our defensive depth situation was so bleak, this year feels much more promising.

There are some ifs, if Niku and Poolman are NHL ready, if Myers and Toby can stay relatively healthy, but if both happen, we will have a very strong defensive rotation that can handle injuries.

Factor in that options like Nogier still exist, and showed he had some potential at the NHL level, Melchiori showed he can fill a hole for a game or 2, I feel much more confident in our defence this season than any previous one.

I'm pretty ok with Nogier & Melchiori as 10/11 on the depth chart

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Nah, no competition there. Management wouldn't want to chance putting Chiarot on waivers (heaven help us:sarcasm:) and there're more than comfortable with Poolman & Niku starting on the Moose so I don't see a real competition going on there

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I would be very high on Poolman if he did not just have Dbl shoulder surgery. He was not in the line-up for the first 2 Y.G. games.

Shoulder surgery is tough to come back from as it's part of your core strength. Look at how FEHR stunk up the joint when we traded for him in the first year/ after his shoulder surgery. He was 1/2 the player he was in later years for Wash/ Pitts. When he was finally fully recovered.

I am a big Poolman fan, but I am cautious that we may not see his best for a year.

And thats the other part of it. Don't want to push Poolman after a major surgery like that so both Pool & Niku start on the Moose. If Nogier has a good camp, I see him getting a chance at the Jets

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...

I'm guessing (hoping) Chiarot is pushed out of the lineup before the end of the season.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Most excited I have ever been for TC. Do we have some boots on the ground to keep us updated?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
One thing I picked up from an interview TSN did with Maurice this week was that they were holding back a few of their borderline players from going to Penticton so they could have a mini-TC of their own getting them to focus on what they might need to do in TC to excel.

Sure it hurt the product we sent down there, but I really liked that approach. For young guys coming into TC, it can be daunting & I imagine most are trying too hard to impress (maybe in all the wrong ways). Not sure if this is a new approach, but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad