Trading Chris Pronger this off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The over 35 rule doesn't matter much in Prongers case because without it the Flyers would still face recapture penalties if he retired early. They wouldn't be his full cap hit, but close enough. That's the situation Boston faces with Savard who was under 35 when he signed his contract.

And like Pronger, Elliotte Friedman mentioned a few weeks ago that the Bruins were going to look to move that contract too. I think that came first, actually.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I don't see Arizona being interested in gaining Pronger's contract. Their internal budget will increase, Barroway's 1st off-season, he will want to try to make an impression to the fan base. As long as there is no incentive, the Coyotes will not take the contract from the Flyers.
And I doubt that the Coyotes trade Hanzal this summer after coming off back surgery. They will see how is at camp before even contemplating it.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I don't see Arizona being interested in gaining Pronger's contract. Their internal budget will increase, Barroway's 1st off-season, he will want to try to make an impression to the fan base. As long as there is no incentive, the Coyotes will not take the contract from the Flyers.
And I doubt that the Coyotes trade Hanzal this summer after coming off back surgery. They will see how is at camp before even contemplating it.

Have fun :nod:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Won't happen. Every offseason there is talk of teams that are desperate to get to get to the cap floor and they will be interested in taking on such contracts...yet it never comes to fruition. I wouldn't hold my breath. It sounds nice and looks nice on paper, but I don't ever remember a team actually trading for dead cap space just to reach the cap floor.
Ok so it happened once since the cap was instituted (involving a player that at least had the potential to come back and play, or have value in his rights being traded). I still wouldn't hold my breath.
I don't doubt that Hextall would like to get rid of the cap hit or that he was trying to trade him or will try to trade him. I just don't think it will happen. Try is the operative word.

colonlol.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Wow. Shocked that this happened. I would have been happy with the pick for Grossmann straight up. Dealing Pronger AND picking up Gagner is huge. People are down on Gagner but I think it is a solid pickup. Dude put up 41 points on a bad offensive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad