Speculation: Trades you could see this offseason

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Hall for Larsson was an overpayment . Eberle quit on the team and needed to be moved . He is also making double the money Strome is while only produces 50% more points . Strome is also better defensively . I don't think that trade was all that bad . What made it bad was we had no one to replace Eberle on the RW

God I hate when people repeat this kind of trash.

Eberle had a poor series against the Ducks yet the narrative is that he "quit" on the team.

I guess this organization deserves the joke of a management team they have, there's arguably no fan base in the league more worthy.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
God I hate when people repeat this kind of trash.

Eberle had a poor series against the Ducks yet the narrative is that he "quit" on the team.

I guess this organization deserves the joke of a management team they have, there's arguably no fan base in the league more worthy.

Did I say the playoffs ? No he quit on the team threw the regular season . If he did not pump his stats up against bad teams at the end of the season he would have a worst then terrible season . Maybe check his season stats before assuming I was talking about the playoffs . Gretzky was held scoreless against the NYI the first year the faced the NYI in the finals . God I hate when people try to put words in other fans mouths . Read the words . Take them as they are written . Don't make assumption . Makes you look like a fool . Eberle has said his confidence was shot in Edmonton and when your confidence is gone no one gives 100%

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Geez, still with this crap?

Has AVERAGED 57 points for four straight seasons

And you are downplaying the player due to no. Of goals scored?

GTFOH

The number of goals he score does make a difference when a team is full of pass first centres

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
What would you give up for him? Would need your 1st + I assume...Would love to see him an Radu reunited.

Ideally we hang on to the 2018 1st, since the draft is in Dallas, but a Pacioretty trade to Dallas announced at the draft would have a great reaction too, tbh. So I wont hang on to that pick.

2018 1st + Devin Shore + B/C level CHL prospect like Liam Hawel is where I'd start for one year of Pacioretty. I'm more willing to deal Honka than most, but wouldnt do a first and Honka for one year of MP.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Canucks will trade a defenceman (Tanev, Hutton, Edler, or Del Zotto)

Also will unload some depth guys for picks like Granlund, Gagner, etc and try to unload Eriksson’s contract

If Demko is ready to backup Markstrom for the year, Nilsson will probably be moved for a pick/prospect
Need to switch somthing around here.Markstrom should be moved instead of Nilsson.Markstrom is garbage.a 3rd or 4th would do.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Really think this summer has the potential to be an extremely active one.

I think Patches, Karlsson, RNH, and Zuccs trades are all very likely if not definitely going to happen.

Hoffman, Simmonds, Tanev, Lehner, OEL, Nyquist, Puljujarvi, are all definitely possible trades as well.

Throw in some notable UFAs who could be on the move. Tavares, JVR, Neal, Carlson, Stastny, Kane.

Should be quite the active summer with lots of options for teams looking to take a big step forward.
Pool party not going anywhere

Jan 21, 2018
Oiler homers are hilarious, still trying to justify the Hall and Eberle trades.

Your GM is the worst in the league, get over it.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Ideally we hang on to the 2018 1st, since the draft is in Dallas, but a Pacioretty trade to Dallas announced at the draft would have a great reaction too, tbh. So I wont hang on to that pick.

2018 1st + Devin Shore + B/C level CHL prospect like Liam Hawel is where I'd start for one year of Pacioretty. I'm more willing to deal Honka than most, but wouldnt do a first and Honka for one year of MP.

I think it would be a sign and trade kind of thing. Like last summer when we traded for Drouin and signed him right after or like Turris. I'm sure Pac would be happy to go in Dallas and signed there long term.

I don't see Dallas enough, but I'm more intrigued by Janmark than Shore tbh. I think he's playing LW now with you guys right?

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
This is perhaps the ultimate in grasping at straws, Strome as a defensive upgrade.

He actually has been a real gud Pker in the last 10 games or so. A big reason why our PK is running 84% or wtv in the last ten games. He has been looking like a solid #3 C for us lately and honestly If the Oilers actually used the cap room created by the trade and added another top-nine forward. It wouldn't be a horrible trade.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I could see the KINGS moving both
Alec Martinez and Tanner Pearson in a package for a young winger or maybe to clear cap space to sign a UFA

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Eriksson, Sutter, Gagner, Del Zotto, Nilsson

Hopefully at least one of these guys is gone.

And maybe Baertschi/Granlund for picks.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
100% guaranteed Tyler Johnson will be traded somewhere before his full NTC kicks in on July 1st 2018.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Seabrook will be moved to Arizona - I imagine our 2018 1st pick from the Preds will be involed, but the Yotes will need to get to that cap floor and we happily will offer you Seabrook (who I do not hate unlike other posters on the Hawks board, the guy is still useful just massively misused right now playing too many minutes)....put Seabs in a more limited role, 16-17 minutes a night - some pp time with his shot, and I think you have a good player- we unfortunately have nothing else on the blueline so we have to use him in a top 4 manner to justify the pay we gave him.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It wouldn't shock me if Yzerman honored the terms of his NTC before July 1st (especially if we take it all).

I think we will try to trade Callahan, Killorn, Johnson, Coburn, and maybe J.T. Miller if he asks for too much money. I don’t think we trade all of those guys. Some we may not be able to at all. My key word is try there. I think they want to make some room for these young kids who are ready to make the jump to the nhl (Erne, Cirelli, Joseph, Peca, and Cernak etc.) Also I think we will either end up with McDonagh extending or signing Karlsson if/when he hits FA. Just my prediction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad