Speculation: Trades you could see this offseason

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I could see Jacob Trouba to Detroit. Winnipeg is in a bind. Ehlers makes $6 million next year. Hellebuyck, Trouba, Morrissey, Lowry and Armia are all RFAs. Laine will get a huge raise the following year, with Wheeler becoming a UFA. The Jets are better with Trouba, but they need to give room for Tucker Poolman to grow. Enstrom will walk, Sami Niku will probably step in. But I still don't see how everyone can be re-signed under the Cap. Trouba has been yearning for primetime minutes. I think Detroit hasn't had a prime-time defenseman since Lidstrom.

They have an extra 1st from Vegas. Jets would like a 1st round pick, they have built their team through drafting.

So something around Trouba for Athanasiou, Hronek and Detroit's 1st.
I'd love to bring Trouba home, Only probably is Detroit can't afford to surrender their 1st round picks for quite awhile. They'll probably be bottom feeders for the foreseeable future. Unless by a miracle we draft Rasmus Dahlin and sign John Tavares this team will be bottom 10 for quite awhile.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
100% guaranteed Tyler Johnson will be traded somewhere before his full NTC kicks in on July 1st 2018.
what are TBLs biggest needs. I saw something about RHD? As a CBJ fan depending on what side you are looking for on D I would offer one of Carlson or Savard (maaaaaaaybe Murray if that's your choice) and if you need wing there could be a Milano on LW or Bjorkstrand on the RW. Some of those for TJ and a pick

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think with adam mcquaids deal coming up on the last year... boston might find a taker. its a lot of money for a 7th dman and boston has mcavoy/carlo/miller ahead of him on depth chart

boston might be looking for a rw if they don't resign nash... I could see a couple of their young lw prospects available in a trade for a rw prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad