Proposal: Trades for MacKinnon and Dumba

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ya I don't buy this theory at all. It wasn't a move b/c of stupidity or trying to get something better.

The rumors were rampant. His attitude already cost them one key piece in Horton who refused to re-sign(dodged that bullet in hindsight)

Now I know that rumors are rumors but Chia was grilled on this subject many times. After he left the Bruins his answers became more clear. Basically said there is alot to that trade that people didn't know and there is 2 sides to every story.

They cleared out the bad apple. It was also a big wake up call for Seguin, who also admitted that

Boston, Vancouver, & Edmonton fans have all tried to spin this move since then to prove their current GM isn't an idiot. They all keep making stupid moves though which speaks the most.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Boston, Vancouver, & Edmonton fans have all tried to spin this move since then to prove their current GM isn't an idiot. They all keep making stupid moves though which speaks the most.

Nah, Maybe that happens with some people but you can still make connections yourself also

I watched Chia's face when he got the call from Horton's agent. They just won a cup together and he bolted. I saw his answer to the media. Better to move my family is what he said

I saw Chia finally defend himself after he left Bos about the trade. Listening to what he said about what happened behind the scenes, I don't think he was talking about the take-out they ordered during those meetings

I've seen Seguin talk about how getting traded really woke him up. Again, in a round about way he took some responsibility

You can be an objective person and see there was more to this trade than 3 morons deciding to trade a valuable piece of their club. That theory makes less sense actually

NatP4

May 1, 2017
In fairness, this is what you said.

So you are saying MacK is going to be a star, then offer:

2nd for MacKinnon
Morin/Hagg for 4th

Both parts of those deals heavily favour Philly if MacK is going to be a star.

I didn't say Colorado was smart to move him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nah, Maybe that happens with some people but you can still make connections yourself also

I watched Chia's face when he got the call from Horton's agent. They just won a cup together and he bolted. I saw his answer to the media. Better to move my family is what he said

I saw Chia finally defend himself after he left Bos about the trade. Listening to what he said about what happened behind the scenes, I don't think he was talking about the take-out they ordered during those meetings

I've seen Seguin talk about how getting traded really woke him up. Again, in a round about way he took some responsibility

You can be an objective person and see there was more to this trade than 3 morons deciding to trade a valuable piece of their club. That theory makes less sense actually

I literally said that though. Where the dumb part comes in is that they sold low. The three of them to this day haven't shown a great understanding of asset management still. So it's not like a one time situation.

Seguin wasn't traded just for salary cap reasons. The biggest issue was Boston just didn't think he was going to get much better than he was & were concerned that his immaturity would keep him from reaching his potential.

Seguin started a 6 year $5.75M deal with Dallas in his first year. He signed the deal a year with Boston the year before the trade. Eriksson was making $4.25M with three years remaining when he got to Boston. They bet on a package of Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, & Joe Morrow being better than Seguin. They were wrong. Morrow is still there but pretty much a tweener. Eriksson walked for nothing to sign with Vancouver. Smith was traded to Florida for Kevin Hayes. Rich Peverly went with Seguin to Dallas & Matt Fraser went to Boston but they were basically minor pieces in the deal.

Unsurprisingly three of the worst GM's in the league currently were part of that front office that made that decision. Peter Chiarelli (Edmonton), Jim Benning (Vancouver), & Don Sweeney (Boston).

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I literally said that though. Where the dumb part comes in is that they sold low. The three of them to this day haven't shown a great understanding of asset management still. So it's not like a one time situation.

Wow. I'm sorry man. Truly. Amazing what misreading one word can do. I read "wasn't traded" as "was traded" and then continued with the rest

As for what they got back. Ya that's a toughy. It looked like a good return there last year with Eriksson playing like he did and Smith is a really good 2way player. But now with Eriksson, not so much

Chia, while I maintain was forced into the trade, did better with trading Hall to get Larsson. I'm sure they could have done something equivalent with Seguin now. Getting a top dman

I'll also throw in I think Neely is the real culprit there also. Lots of rumblings about how he pulls the strings and after watching the headscratchers that continue to go on there, I doubt Sweeney is the sole culprit, as was Chia

nvme90

Feb 16, 2017
Maryland
Since we're discussing possible trade targets I'd really love Ryan Ellis from Nashville. Nashville has 4 solid top 3 defensemen and can only protect 3.
Provorov - Ellis
Ghost - Gudas
xxxx - Myers
This is an absolutely electric D-Core

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Since we're discussing possible trade targets I'd really love Ryan Ellis from Nashville. Nashville has 4 solid top 3 defensemen and can only protect 3.
Provorov - Ellis
Ghost - Gudas
xxxx - Myers

Nashville can protect 4 d-men. They WILL protect 4 d-men. That is the best top 4 in the league, and they won't screw with it. Every other team would covet Ellis, and he would cost a small fortune. Besides, they don't have enough good forwards to protect.

Johansen, Forsberg, Arvidsson.......then probably Neal. So, they'll lose Jarnkrok, Smith, or Wilson. Frankly, they probably wouldn't mind losing Smith or Wilson's contracts. Whoever goes, they will manage just fine.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Provorov - Ellis
Ghost - Gudas
xxxx - Myers

We arent getting Ellis.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Provorov - Ellis
Ghost - Gudas
xxxx - Myers

Nashville's Top 4 is the reason they are where they are currently. You aren't prying any of them out of there. Predatoors fans seem content to lose Jarnkrok, or even Neal if he doesnt extend before then, to the ED.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad