Proposal: Trades for MacKinnon and Dumba

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
I like watching both these players when I have the chance and while I know 99.9% Mac won't be coming here. I want to know what everyone would give in a trade to get him here?

Dumba is a little more possible but I think Minnesota would prefer to move a different D first or not at all before ED. what would you be Willing to part with in a deal?

Yes i realize that neither of these players are coming here but just curious of your opinion?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My honest answer is that I don't want to give up any of the assets it would cost to get them, nor do I think we need them. I want us to keep all of our prospects and play them instead. I'd give you some particulars on a trade proposal, but I just really don't want those guys, even though they are both very good.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I like watching both these players when I have the chance and while I know 99.9% Mac won't be coming here. I want to know what everyone would give in a trade to get him here?

Dumba is a little more possible but I think Minnesota would prefer to move a different D first or not at all before ED. what would you be Willing to part with in a deal?

Yes i realize that neither of these players are coming here but just curious of your opinion?

For Mack:

#2, Morin, pick

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
#2 and MacDonald, maybe. You need to clear cap space for MacKinnon's contract.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
That's too much. Hischier will be much cheaper for a few years and has a ceiling just as high as Mackinnon's.

My reasoning: I like MacKinnon a lot. #2 could be a huge bust. Probably best case scenario, #2 is as good as MacKinnon (but Mack still has higher potential than anyone at #2 I think). I give Morin as the d prospect I care least for among the top 4 to pry him out of Colorado.

Avs get their #1 potential center back in addition to a likely NHL Top 4 guy. We get a guaranteed #1 center (IMO)...I think the Avs have hurt Nathan's development.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
My honest answer is that I don't want to give up any of the assets it would cost to get them, nor do I think we need them. I want us to keep all of our prospects and play them instead. I'd give you some particulars on a trade proposal, but I just really don't want those guys, even though they are both very good.

I agree with this.keep our young kids and see what they can do we drafted them for a reason.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't see the level of intelligence and hockey sense required to be a #1 Center on a Contender in MacKinnon's game. MacKinnon is a roadrunner with DeWalt tools in a Fisher Price tool-box. I would absolutely NOT move the #2 pick for him..so that pretty much closes the door on a trade. He's making $6.3 million as well so we would be sacrificing 3 cost-controlled years of the #2 pick and taking on an additional $5.5 million in salary. I'd rather try to take advantage of those cost-controlled years and try to win a Cup in that time frame.

Dumba doesn't really do it for me either. If we were a team like NJ with major holes on D for the future, than Dumba might be more appealing.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Being from Halifax, I like MacK.

But Rebel is right. He uses his speed, and little else. He also doesn't change speeds to cause deception. He wants to go 100%, 100% of the time.

With getting the #2 pick, I role the dice that he will be just as good offensively as MacK but much cheaper for the next 3 years.

As for Dumba, they would want someone ED exempt that is ready to step in...so Sanheim. Not that I would do it, but:

Provy Dumba
Ghost Gudas
Morin Hagg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Being from Halifax, I like MacK.

But Rebel is right. He uses his speed, and little else. He also doesn't change speeds to cause deception. He wants to go 100%, 100% of the time.

With getting the #2 pick, I role the dice that he will be just as good offensively as MacK but much cheaper for the next 3 years.

As for Dumba, they would want someone ED exempt that is ready to step in...so Sanheim. Not that I would do it, but:

Provy Dumba
Ghost Gudas
Morin Hagg

If MacKinnon had any offensive awareness he would be a point machine. His speed and hands are A+. He just doesn't see or feel the ice that well IMO.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ

Right. If the draft minds are right, it shouldn't take a ton of time for either Nico or Nolan to get to 50-60 point players anyway if the ice time is available. Then you are also getting ELC years + bridge year savings.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If you're trading sanheim, I call up Winnipeg and see about Trouba. I'm keeping Sanheim more than likely. Potential is through the roof and he is right in line with out other d-prospects age. Although Trouba isn't much older either.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If you're trading sanheim, I call up Winnipeg and see about Trouba. I'm keeping Sanheim more than likely. Potential is through the roof and he is right in line with out other d-prospects age. Although Trouba isn't much older either.
Trouba would be awesome. Makes us tougher to play against and he'll put up his points to.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Would move Sanheim+ for Trouba. Add a goalie and this team is much closer to contending than people think.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hum their is a reason Colorado looks like an ahl team, their management, then their defence and guys like mackinon, the problem not the solution. Why not keep colorados problems their, why bring them to philly. Once they get a real gm, maybe they need a fake one and have an Ai machine from google to run them, then they would have a quicker rebuild, cuz honestly, they will have a long, painful rebuild. We need to stick to the hexy plan, and go Patrick, or hischer or and outsider Vilardi. Do you not have faith in our current plan, I sure do it's like sticking with and an proven war horse, to change gears, What the global structrure needs, is more Warren Buffets types, not a pipe dream. Out think, your opponents and be patient, stick to proven long tern winners , let Russia bobble and bumblble and act like 6 years olds, . that long term long term, be steady, consisistanat long term winners is their is risk involved. Yes their is and will beThink,think smartly and let the other side act like like 6 year olds. Long term track records . Stay, calm,steady ad steady. Let them, do what they do and we just storm ahead.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Number 2 and Morin for MacKinnon is lunacy. I wouldn't trade number 2 for MacKinnon. Mackinnon is four years into his career and has seen his production drop since his rookie year and to this point is a 50-55 point center. With a cap hit of 6.3 million I will take my chances that Nolan or Hischier can produce similar numbers at a fraction of the cost for at least 2 out of their first 3 years. As others have mentioned, MacKinnon is a good hockey player with a great shot and speed but his hockey sense and creativity seems to be lacking.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don't see any reason to trade for dmen

I agree....but don't agree....lol.

With adding the #2 pick to the lineup next year, we filled a big hole and seem to have nice forward group for next year.

If we add a Dman, that pushes 1, maybe both of AMac and Manning out of the lineup. That should be a BIG boost over last year's team.

Get a goalie who plays well, and all the sudden we could be a playoff team who could pull off an Ottawa.

I still hold out hope Hextall does pull something off but manages to keep all our kids on D in doing so. We need some Vinny/Rinaldo/McGinn/Pronger type of magic trade from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad