Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
In the last thread it was discussed how you shouldn't put much stock into a team's scouts looking at another team. This is an exception.

For me, I don't pay much attention to regular scouts looking at another team but when it's the GM, AGM, director of pro scouting, then I pay attention.

I think there is definitely something there between Toronto and Calgary, especially since Ramo just went down and they were already hurting in net. Reimer or Bernier makes a lot of sense for them. Not sure what roster player would be coming back though. Maybe Granlund?

Its gotta be Bernier. Reimer makes zero sense for them. They arent making the playoffs

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Man I keep hearing get him because he's from Toronto. FORGET THIS players don't care about us once they drafted elsewhere.

I REALLY like the idea of a Kadri fir Dumba trade. I think it fits both teams needs. Thus would be a great start. But...just like I tryst hunter on draft day Lou is also earning my trust so I'm not to worried.

Think we got rielly, trade for dumba and offer sheet Trouba would give us a rock star young D of 21 year Olds. ..draft picks 5, 7, 9 of same draft lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If we deal Bernier before the deadline I think Reimer gets an extension pretty much right away. Lou wont go into the summer with Sparks as our #1 goalie in the organization

That's where you hope one of Stalock or Hiller show something.

You can also deal Lupul for Howard. Hope Howard can regain form under Babs.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I was thinking Smid as well to make salary work. Raymond may make sense as well for that purpose, although he's in the AHL right now so that's not who Morrison is watching tonight.

As for potentially scounting Minny, Dubas was scouting Calgary the other day as well when they were playing San Jose. Burke was also scouting the Marlies last week.

I'm sure they are scouting Calgary often (I don't think the Burke-Marlies thing means all that much though), but the Wild have been scouting our games as well and there is nothing stopping us from doing double duty for scouting. Who knows with Lou. I don't think we were connected with Ottawa all that much before the Phaneuf trade.

I just see Pominville as a solution to many of our problems.
1) People are worried about veteran presence in the locker room; he has 800 regular season NHL games (at a 0.74 PPG clip) under his belt + 70 playoff games (0.61 PPG clip), with 2.5 seasons as a captain + 1 season as an assistant captain. He could be our captain.
2) We could easily drop Lupul on them in return. There has been buzz surrounding them buying Pominville out because of his poor season. However, he's had 50+ points in every season (and on pace for well over that in the lockout season) since 05/06 when he missed 25 games due to injury. Since then, he has missed 8 games. Stark contrast to Lupul. Why do they do it? They get out of a year on Pominville's contract, Lupul is still a productive offensive player who could find himself there and solve some of their offensive struggles, and he is cheaper in cap and salary (which matters to them).
3) I feel like he could fit much better with Babcock's system than Lupul. He's worked with prestigious coaches before (Lindy Ruff) and know what it's like to play under someone with Babcock-like expectations.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That's where you hope one of Stalock or Hiller show something.

You can also deal Lupul for Howard. Hope Howard can regain form under Babs.

That works too if you don't go for Pominville ;)

Or sign Ward or Reimer in the offseason. Or trade for Lehtonen, Andersen, Hutchison/Pavelec, etc. It's not that hard to find someone to put ahead of Sparks and let him train. We can find a lot of struggling or expensive goalies to give a fresh start as a clear starter.

If it were me, I wouldn't sign Reimer though. I don't want him for the money and term he deserves, and he deserves that money and term from some team (that hopefully is not ours).

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Why in the holy hell would reimer sign here?
Org shows no faith. Gives Bernier the reigns (who chokes hard), Media and fans pick on his wife. Now he has the chance to get out, and people think he is going to sign for like the worst team in the league and just get shelled for 70 games a year....

If Reimer signs here he needs his head checked.
Reimer for Stalock and a 2nd.....

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
With PIT apparently interested in Holland it would be hilarious if Lou could somehow land Dubas's boy Matt Murray

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Saw tweets about him leaving practice early. Also he apparently got "the boot", sounds like he could've got traded to me.

He left with an injury apparently. Babcock said he "got the boot" as a joke.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
im seeing way too many flames attendance by the leaf crew....so lets see which prospect we can be targeting....

janoswki? we aint getting bennett baring a miracle or monahan (oh how I wish).

Emile poirier would be one i think we might look at it, klimchuk would be another. Personally i think we'd be looking for a second or a third round pick.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Alexander Khokhlachev what would it cost to get him from the Boston Bruins?

He is a player I have had my eye on for about a month now since I have known about him from various threads and news outlets. He reminds me of a Grabvoski, but with a better shot.

Would Stuart Percy + work? I don't know the value of him and feel he is NHL ready and waisting away playing in the AHL at the moment. He could be a good 2C going forwards if he is given consistent playing time.

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Hockey's Future, here are the Calgary Flames' top prospects:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/calgary_flames/

Sam Bennett

Emile Poirier

Tyler Wotherspoon

Joni Ortio

Jon Gillies

Morgan Klimchuk

Bill Arnold

Kenney Morrison

Mason McDonald

Oliver Kylington

Brandon Hickey

Ryan Culkin

Brett Kulak

Kenny Agostino

Mark Jankowski

Hunter Smith

Rasmus Andersson

Andrew Mangiapane

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Sam Bennett

Emile Poirier

Tyler Wotherspoon

Joni Ortio

Jon Gillies

Morgan Klimchuk

Bill Arnold

Kenney Morrison

Mason McDonald

Oliver Kylington

Brandon Hickey

Ryan Culkin

Brett Kulak

Kenny Agostino

Mark Jankowski

Hunter Smith

Rasmus Andersson

Andrew Mangiapane

That's really ugly...although they do have 2 young studs in their top 6 already in Gaudreau and Monahan. Thing is take Marner and Nylander off our list and put them on the Leafs and our prospect pool doesn't look as good as it does now either.

Mar 14, 2011
Any chance we see Nathan Horton flipped at the deadline? (Cap space deal)

Horton is pretty much retired at this point but the leafs are still on the hook to pay him around 27.4 million dollars in total, for the next 5+ years. I doubt any team would be kind enough to take him from the Leafs.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Have we even been seriously linked with Adam Larsson? Seems like a great target for us, right handed, top pairing potential, good compliment to Rielly and at the same age (1 year older). And of course, drafted by Lou.

It seems as if Larsson is starting to live up to expectations in New Jersey but they already got several good young options and is probably in more need of forwards. Oilers would be smart to go after him, but they are not, so are we or will he cost to much?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
That's really ugly...although they do have 2 young studs in their top 6 already in Gaudreau and Monahan. Thing is take Marner and Nylander off our list and put them on the Leafs and our prospect pool doesn't look as good as it does now either.

Take the top 2 out of any team and it does that.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga

Sam Bennett

Emile Poirier

Tyler Wotherspoon

Joni Ortio

Jon Gillies

Morgan Klimchuk

Bill Arnold

Kenney Morrison

Mason McDonald

Oliver Kylington

Brandon Hickey

Ryan Culkin

Brett Kulak

Kenny Agostino

Mark Jankowski

Hunter Smith

Rasmus Andersson

Andrew Mangiapane

Can anyone comment on Kylington's play this year? I remember he was the ultimate high-risk/high-reward draft pick from last summer. Maybe he's the guy the Leafs may be targeting? If I remember correctly, he is an incredible skater.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
With PIT apparently interested in Holland it would be hilarious if Lou could somehow land Dubas's boy Matt Murray

That's probably the only young player or prospect that makes sense for us. I still don't see why they would trade what appears to be a blue chipper in Murray for players like Holland and probably Polak? There's no rush for them to trade Murray even if Fleury is signed a for awhile. There's no way they trade Maatta either... right? Right.

I don't see it.

ohsnap

Feb 17, 2016
Its gotta be Bernier. Reimer makes zero sense for them. They arent making the playoffs

I seem to recall hearing a couple times Calgary was hot for Bernier so I would agree, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we traded them both, Bernier off to Calgary and if MTL can get their poop in a group quickly they may be looking at Reimer although admittedly that is looking less and less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad