Trade you would like to see happen

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Trades I would like to see happen, I'll try to be realistic.

Colorado: Nyquist
Detroit: Colorado 2nd 2020 and 2019 Ottawa 3rd

---

San Jose: Glendening, Holmstrom
Detroit: M. Karlsson, McGrew, SJ 2021 3rd

---

Toronto: Daley
Detroit: Hainsey, Toronto 2019 2nd

Reactions: Shultzyfeelinirie25

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Would be happy if two of these or similar trades happen.

1)Nyquist to San Jose for a 2nd and third

2)Daley for a 2nd from Tampa or Dallas

3) Glendening for a 4th to Toronto

4)Helm (1 million retained) to St. Louis/Nashville/LA Kings for a 2nd

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Philly has Provorov and Ghost on the left side of their top 4.

Nashville has Subban and Ellis on the right side of their top 4.

I think they could afford to trade them just fine.
Provorov and Ghost play with one another, and as far as actual numbers go, they were a top 3 pairing all season. So just because they’re both left handed, doesn’t mean they’re in a rush to separate them. Sanheim then rocks the left hand side on the middle pairing. Again, with a team with a bottom 4 as bad as the Flyers, they are definitely in no rush to trade him.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
After seeing the prices on trade pieces the last couple of years, I'd imagine KH will be able to trade Nyquist for a late first +. It all really depends which teams, and what weaknesses they have, are contending at the deadline.

There are a couple of teams that are (or seem like they are) all in this year. SJ, TB etc. I could see SJ looking at adding a strong middle six winger at the deadline and I could see them scrounging up the assets to do it

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Why would Green sign a 2 year deal? Only to waive after one season, Besides he has a full NTC until February 1st 2020. No way he waives before then.
Sign a 2 year deal for guaranteed money.

Waive to go to a contender as depth. Or to a location he likes better. Or any other personal reason.

NTCs get waived all the time. It limits our options because we have to send him to a team he wants to go to but I don't consider it some "he's absolutely not going anywhere until the NTC clause goes away" barrier.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Waive to go to a contender as depth. Or to a location he likes better. Or any other personal reason.

NTCs get waived all the time. It limits our options because we have to send him to a team he wants to go to but I don't consider it some "he's absolutely not going anywhere until the NTC clause goes away" barrier.
Green said that Detroit is the only place he wants to be right now, Just don't see him changing his mind after one season. I believe that he has a 20 team trade list in 2020 at the TDL So either Holland orYzerman or whom ever our new GM is then will have more options for him.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

True. But Detroit needs to stop giving out so many full NTC's, particularly on the few players that make for decent deadline deals.

If Mike Green just wants to prevent going to Ottawa or Montreal, I'm fine with that. But the Wings need to convert anybody outside the long term plans into assets while they can, and that should include dealing Green at this year's deadline, not waiting another season because he potentially has them over a barrel, and there's only 1-2 other teams he'd play for.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Howard and LGD to Toronto makes so much sense around the trade deadline. They just lost all their depth in goal and Garret Sparks is a bum. They will be looking for an upgrade.

Glendening + Howard @ 50% + CBJ 5th 2019

for

TML 1st 2019

:D

Reactions: Go Wings

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Green said that Detroit is the only place he wants to be right now, Just don't see him changing his mind after one season. I believe that he has a 20 team trade list in 2020 at the TDL So either Holland orYzerman or whom ever our new GM is then will have more options for him.
I don't put that much credence into what players say in that regard. The times are few and far between where a player says anything but "This is where I want to be." That's just one of those non-answers that hockey players give during interviews.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
If one could get a 2nd and a d-prospect for Nyquist I'd be happy. Allard from NSH, McKeown or Fox from CAR.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Been said already but theres a few I could see happening this year:

Nyquist for a first if hes having a good year. I could see a second with a solid prospect if there isnt a great market for wingers though

Daley. A team will like his experience and he can actually still play. If he went to a team with some depth on D and could play his role he could contribute. I think he could get a second plus something small like a 4th or 5th

Howard for a 3rd to a team like Calgary who got screwed when their only good goalie got injured last year.

I think its realistic at least 2 of those 3 guys get moved. Vanek could get moved as well but I'm not sure what his value is

Reactions: jkutswings

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Anyone have thoughts on Julius Honka? Seems like Dallas could use a 2nd line winger and Honka keeps getting scratched... something around Nyquist for Honka (with a pick here or there) could be interesting. I guess it also depends on whether Dallas is in the playoff hunt and Gus waives his NTC.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Trades I would like to see happen, I'll try to be realistic.

Colorado: Nyquist
Detroit: Colorado 2nd 2020 and 2019 Ottawa 3rd

---

San Jose: Glendening, Holmstrom
Detroit: M. Karlsson, McGrew, SJ 2021 3rd

---

Toronto: Daley
Detroit: Hainsey, Toronto 2019 2nd
Why do we want Hainsey?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Anyone have thoughts on Julius Honka? Seems like Dallas could use a 2nd line winger and Honka keeps getting scratched... something around Nyquist for Honka (with a pick here or there) could be interesting. I guess it also depends on whether Dallas is in the playoff hunt and Gus waives his NTC.
I like this a lot.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I’ve floated this out there a few times. Hronek, Honka, and Cholowski might even give Blashill a blue line that can actually execute his system.

Reactions: ThankGord

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would love to bring Honka to Detroit, Sounds like Nill might be souring on the kid. Holland definitely needs to be on the phone with Nill. And do something around Nyquist+ for Honka.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Would love to bring Honka to Detroit, Sounds like Nill might be souring on the kid. Holland definitely needs to be on the phone with Nill. And do something around Nyquist+ for Honka.

Honka is frustrating to watch. Doesn't deliver the puck enough.

I don't see a big upside on him, maybe career 3rd pair 2nd PP guy, but it would be ok trade if we get him for an UFA asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad