Trade you would like to see happen

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
I could see Nyquist going to Boston at the deadline. He has a full NTC, so he'd have to waive. The narrative is that they could use help in their top-6. A hopeful return would be a 2nd and mid prospect (Zboril?).

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I feel like LA could maybe use his speed. They’re a big team, so maybe adding a little shifty winger could be solid.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I would trade all of these players this week if possible.

Howard...3rd or 4th?...Sateri or unsigned UFA off scrap heap (quasi-tank mode). $5,291,666
Daley...2nd or 3rd...Hronek replaces him. $3,166,666 x 2 yrs.
Big E...3rd?...Sulak replaces him. $4,250,000 x 2 yrs.
LGD...2nd? (TML?)...Ehn/Turgeon replace him. $1,800,000 x 3 yrs.
Jensen...2nd or 3rd? ...Hicketts replaces him. $812,500
=$9.3M cap freed up next year & ~$15.5M cap this year to take on cap dump this year only for picks/prospects

By TDL:

Nyquist...late 1st or 2nd+B-prospect...resign in '19 $4.9x4 yrs MAX if he puts up 50 pts & Plus +/-

AA (only if he craps out as #2C/#3C)...+ picks/prospect for a #2/#3Dman

Kronner...doubt KH would ask him, but if he wanted 1 last shot at playoffs/Cup, sure, otherwise he deserves to stay; doubtful we'd get more than a 3rd, or any team would even want him.

Helm-$3,850,000 x 3 yrs....had 30+ pts @ EV, definitely some value there....I don't mind Helm on the roster.

Abby-nobody is touching
$4,250,000 X 5 Yrs!
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I feel like Nyquist to a contender at the deadline is a no-brainer. Zadina can take his spot, or Svechnikov if Zod isn't ready.

Howard if a starter goes down, or to a contender at the deadline looking for that 1B to make the run. Sateri runs backup for Bernier.

Maybe Glendening to Toronto if they've got a hole in their bottom-6/PK unit, but I like LGD and think he should stick around. I'd rather see Helm moved, honestly, likely with salary retained. Let Turgeon or Smith have that spot, depending on merit.

I'd like to see Jensen moved out/waived, but that doesn't seem too likely. I'm still on the fence about him, though, so we'll see how the season shakes out.

I don't think Ericsson, Dekeyser, or Daley are going anywhere, but out of those three I'd rather see Dekeyser moved. He has the most upside of the vets, and could probably net a decent return at the deadline from a desperate club.

If Kronwall isn't done halfway through the year, I'll be surprised.

We need some quantity for quality trades, like STL/BUF for ROR, OTT w/EK. Not sure if this is realisitic but AA or Nyquist + pick/prospect for Ellis or Vatanen.

We're likely looking at stockpiling more draft picks and prospects. I wouldn't mind taking a hard run at Karlsson in free agency, but that's about it.

Reactions: KJoe88

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Martha for high potential defenseman , like the one between Tampa and Montreal

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I expect little to no action like usual, with the exception of Nyquist at the deadline! If I was in charge I would be looking to move:

Danny Dekeyser -no one wants and honestly my least favourite Red Wing and contract He just doesn't do much of anything to positively impact the Wings (if I could trade, would go for a younger maybe sleeper D)
Justin Abdelkader -no one wants, he is declining physically and cause of his style of play I don't see that improving (2nd and 3rd round picks I think is fair, if retention or take back of bad contract)
Jonathan Ericsson -retention for a 3rd perhaps
Luke Glendening -retention for a 3rd
Gus Nyquist -before deadline for either a 1st/ 2nd and decent prospect/ or younger up and coming scoring forward
Jimmy Howard -time to move on for both sides (Why not let Sateri back up Bernier and get a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for Jimmy ( I have always liked Jimmy, but he is on the back stretch and we are struggling anyways
Nick Jensen -we already have 15 D better than him, I feel like he got a pass at making the team cause he played the past couple seasons and Blashill clearly loves him
Martin Frk -I like Frk's shot, but he doesn't bring enough goals with it, or much else
Luke Witkowski -He doesn't play enough to keep around, and I'm not a huge fan of guys who really only enforce. I do like his willingness to hit on almost every shift though
Frans Nielsen -We may be thin at center but that contract is just way too long, and honestly he has been pretty disappointing both offensively and defensively
Trevor Daley - Call up Sulak full time, try and get a 3rd for Daley if nothing else.

Ask Nick Kronwall politely to stay sidelined as its tough watching a physical, impactful presence not be able to go like they used to.

As I said though, I think Nyquist and maybe Jensen are gone by the deadline. We always hope Kenny will be more proactive, but he just doesn't make that many trades, so I am not expecting much. Just like last year, I think we will hear rumours of Glendening being of interest to teams, and then they go with someone else. I think Frk would be of little interest to other teams, and get waived again, and not come back up to the Wings. Witkowski I expect will be similar to last years role and similar to Booth with being waived numerous times without actually being sent down. I think Jimmy will outperform Bernier and won't get traded by the deadline.

Reactions: avssuc

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I would trade all of these players this week if possible.

Howard...3rd or 4th?...Sateri or unsigned UFA off scrap heap (quasi-tank mode). $5,291,666
Daley...2nd or 3rd...Hronek replaces him. $3,166,666 x 2 yrs.
Big E...3rd?...Sulak replaces him. $4,250,000 x 2 yrs.
LGD...2nd? (TML?)...Ehn/Turgeon replace him. $1,800,000 x 3 yrs.
Jensen...2nd or 3rd? ...Hicketts replaces him. $812,500
=$9.3M cap freed up next year & ~$15.5M cap this year to take on cap dump this year only for picks/prospects

By TDL:

Nyquist...late 1st or 2nd+B-prospect...resign in '19 $4.9x4 yrs MAX if he puts up 50 pts & Plus +/-

AA (only if he craps out as #2C/#3C)...+ picks/prospect for a #2/#3Dman

Kronner...doubt KH would ask him, but if he wanted 1 last shot at playoffs/Cup, sure, otherwise he deserves to stay; doubtful we'd get more than a 3rd, or any team would even want him.

Helm-$3,850,000 x 3 yrs....had 30+ pts @ EV, definitely some value there....I don't mind Helm on the roster.

Abby-nobody is touching
$4,250,000 X 5 Yrs!
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You actually think Daley/Glendo/Jensen fetch 2nds?

.... Nah.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Daley might.

You could easily waive Daley and nobody would claim. He's bad.

Speaking of waivers...let's claim Jaskin and waive Helm. I know Jaskin is painfully slow but very good player apart from that. Remi Elie would be another interesting player. No notable defender on waivers.

Last edited:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

.... Nah.

IMO, Daley if he's 100% healthy. Glendening, if a team feels that he could be the missing piece on their 4th line. Jensen, no chance.

Nobody thought Smith would fetch a 2nd and 3rd, nobody thought Tatar would fetch a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, you just never know.

Fans far too often fall into the trap of either overvaluing their own team's players, or they go to the other extreme and undervalue them. I guess that's just a product of bias.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

.... Nah.
Potentially yes, ergo the "?"...forgot to add "?" for Daley, but it is plausible at the TDL...if Tatar can get a 1,2,3rd, then another desperate GM would probably fork over a 2nd for Daley, definitely a 3rd. But what do I know, I'm just another random dude on the 'ole interweb obsessed with hockey.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Feel like if AA craps out there's no way he returns a #2/#3 even with picks unless it's a high pick.

Maybe a package with Nyquist.

Yes way, but with the high pick(s)+prospect. AA's gamebreaking speed, size, youth, contract & hands are a lethal combo, so even if he puts up 40-50pts as a defensively inept or even average #2/#3C he'd likely command an average #4 Dman, so add a propsect (Lindstrom?/Hicketts?/Saarijarvi) + 2nd & 3rd & I feel KH could net a solid #3. Throw in another prospect (Smith?) & 2020 1st & we could get a #2.

AA+(Saarijarvi/Lindstrom/Hicketts)
+2020 1st
+2nd+3rd+G.Smith=Ellis caliber or better.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
In perfect world:

Nyquist (50% retain) to LAK for Top15 protected 1st (or 2x 2nds)
Daley --> contender for 2nd (50% retain)
Howard --> contender for 2nd (50% retain)
Athanasiou+Svechnikov to Carolina for Faulk
Glendening --> contender for 3rd
Jensen --> contender for 5th

Next season:
Rasmussen - Larkin - Zadina
Bertuzzi - 2019 1st pick - Mantha
Berggren - Veleno - Abdelkader
Helm - Nielsen - Ehn/Givani Smith

DeKeyser - Faulk
Cholowski - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
Hicketts

Bernier
Säteri

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Nyquist - to a contender, agree with late 1st or 2nd+B Prospect. Condsider bringing him back next year.
Daley/Ericsson/Jensen - take whatever draft picks you can get from a team in need of depth for the playoffs
Howard - to a contender with a goalie injury (like Mrazek to the Flyers)

Glendening - I like how he plays in the bottom six. Great forecheck, defense, penalty kill and face offs for under 2 mil. I keep him.
AA - Counting on him stepping up at center but I would consider trading him for a defenseman in a similar career spot.

Dekeyser, Helm, Nielsen, and Abby I would move due to the bad contracts but I don't see that happening.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
In perfect world:

Nyquist (50% retain) to LAK for Top15 protected 1st (or 2x 2nds)
Daley --> contender for 2nd (50% retain)
Howard --> contender for 2nd (50% retain)
Athanasiou+Svechnikov to Carolina for Faulk
Glendening --> contender for 3rd
Jensen --> contender for 5th

Next season:
Rasmussen - Larkin - Zadina
Bertuzzi - 2019 1st pick - Mantha
Berggren - Veleno - Abdelkader
Helm - Nielsen - Ehn/Givani Smith

DeKeyser - Faulk
Cholowski - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
Hicketts

Bernier
Säteri

Sulak should be worked into that lineup on D, otherwise I like that lineup a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad