Proposal: Trade up

Omac13

Sep 10, 2010
Newfoundland
So now we know we have 2 first 2 2nds and 2 3rds, knowing we have these assets ,who do we target in the first round of the draft that will not drop all the way to Pitts pick? Using some combo of 2nd and 3rd round picks.

What team and pick should we target to be our trade up partner?

What player in the draft should we target to move up and get?

Or could it be packaged into something bigger using, Kadri / Bozak / JVR / Gards + 1st rounder(pitts) for something big.

The first , first round pick will be easy, as long as we are in the bottom 1-5 we are going to get a very good player how do we address the 2nd first round pick?

For me target minny, they as of right now would be 15th overall and have no picks in rounds 2 and 3.

Move up from pitts pick using a 2nd and or a 3rd and get the 15h overall pick and take Jake Bean, Gauither , or McLeod if still on the board

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Something in the 7-15 range to grab one of the D or Nylander. We could definitely use another good defensive prospect. Can't really target a team at this point because we still don't know who's picking where.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
I'd be open to trading up - if scouting finds a player they've rated much higher available at some point in the draft. I think this is something that has to be improvised at the time. It's gonna take some quick decisions and a willing trade partner, but could be the way to go.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I don't think we'd trade up in the 1st round but could see the Pens pick + used to acquire a young D/C

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Big trade up for Sergachyov if he's there past 7th.

More likely slight trade up to grab someone.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
7-9th is most likely where the Coyotes will end up.

Don't really see them being a trade partner, unless we are will to pay up

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am not willing to give up any of our 2nd rounders, we can always find some very good players in this round, especially a good 'D' prospect

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
How about we see where we are picking and what is on the board in the ranges before we decide if we want to move around...

Marner93

Jul 15, 2015
I can see a trade with Montreal looking soemthing like

Jvr + Pittsburgh 1st
For
Montreal 1st + A/B prospect

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Statistically speaking, yes. But we're at the point where we have so many picks where it'd only make sense to move up and try and grab someone who slides like we saw with Barzal last year.

OR

Maybe, we draft as much talent as we can, instead of giving up assets.

If anything, we should be dealing down on some picks

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I can see a trade with Montreal looking soemthing like

Jvr + Pittsburgh 1st
For
Montreal 1st + A/B prospect

And what is that A/B prospect? I am not really picking on you but I don't think if Leafs would be interested in any of Montreal prospects

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Yes. We almost have too many picks to be able to sign the guys we want. I would trade up if the right guy was there and someone was willing to deal for picks.

Which team in the top 10 is really low on picks? Maybe Vancouver would deal with us.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If we are going to burn assets they better be very sure who they are moving up to get
Top 10 is unrealistic that cost will make our eyes water

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
And what is that A/B prospect? I am not really picking on you but I don't think if Leafs would be interested in any of Montreal prospects

Yeah that looks like a bit of a wasteland
Most of there forward prospects are grinders
What about the Dman they picked in the draft last year Juulson or something I think it was

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad