Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
31- I don't think Heatly is a good fit for us, he is a bit too one-dimensional.

I had not seen him in a while when I saw him the first time this year, and in light of his numbers expected Cheechoo II. But I don't think he is that far of from being a steady 25-30 goals scorer kind of. Was a lot more Robitalle in NY than Cheechoo II.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Heatley has lost all of his speed and is now a pylon. I see people have been getting infected with Satheritis. Get ALL the players who were good 6 years ago. Beaver, Clowe. Heatley and Havlat are next. :facepalm:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What's the longest a thread has ever gone?
They are supposed to get shut down after 1000 posts, but sometimes they don't bc scrub mods.

Longest threads at HFNYR:

posts.jpg

BarbaraAlphanse

They are supposed to get shut down after 1000 posts, but sometimes they don't bc scrub mods.

Longest threads at HFNYR:

posts.jpg

Nearly 2,000. Shame someone caught it right before it got there.

BarbaraAlphanse

Heatley has lost all of his speed and is now a pylon. I see people have been getting infected with Satheritis. Get ALL the players who were good 6 years ago. Beaver, Clowe. Heatley and Havlat are next. :facepalm:

Havlat is a realistic target in my opinion. Great. :shakehead

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
31- I don't think Heatly is a good fit for us, he is a bit too one-dimensional.

I had not seen him in a while when I saw him the first time this year, and in light of his numbers expected Cheechoo II. But I don't think he is that far of from being a steady 25-30 goals scorer kind of. Was a lot more Robitalle in NY than Cheechoo II.
Yeah, I think he is intriguing if the price is like a 7th round pick. At that price, if you you discover that he's only useful as a spare in case a scorer goes down, then whatevs. I'm not interested in paying any sort of price for a rental.

I do admit, I overestimated how much of that one dimension he has left.

Well I think I'm the only poster to show even a lukewarm interest in Heatley, and this doesn't describe me in the least. I don't completely write-off a player if he's not what he used to be in the past, though.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Well I think I'm the only poster to show even a lukewarm interest in Heatley, and this doesn't describe me in the least. I don't completely write-off a player if he's not what he used to be in the past, though.

Don't worry, many posters have complete no-go's, "don't get any player older than 25 who isn't perfect" or something like that.

There are only moves that make you better and moves that don't, long term or short term. It's not even long ago we added a top pick that enabled us to draft a 18 y/o superstar sniper. Someone who pwned the WHL completely and carried his team alone to the finals of the WJCs. Led that tourney in scoring Had size too. We added that kid to a recently drafted top 7 pick who was a complete young Canadian stud center and a dream come true center we drafted 10th overall a couple of years earlier.

Brendl, Lundmark and Malhotra did nothing for us. Should we never get a kid again? Forfeit our draft picks?

Drafting with top picks didn't help us. Signing UFAs (Gomez/Drury/Redden) didn't help us. The hockey trades didn't work (York for Poti, and many others).

You know, Chicago went out and got a struggling player just like Mike Green for example in Brian Campbell who was a big part in them winning their first Cup. We blew our top pick, they got one that counted. They picked up a kid like Sharpe for free, we got like Kristo. Can make Kristo or someone like that count?

I personally think Heatly is a bit too one-dimensional for our centers, but he still has some hockey left in him. I was a bit suprised by that when I saw him this year. Wouldn't be shocked to see him do better somewhere else.

I am however definitely not against picking up a established player that is not perfect . We need to ice a team, the best way to develop kids if nothing else is to have a team in place. There will be options that make us better, and options that don't. The teams that make it all the way are the teams that make use of the options they have.

Last edited:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
No to Heatley. Heatley isn't the difference between us not winning the cup and us winning the cup. No more trading futures away for someone who doesn't push us over the top. The best thing that can result in is constant losing in the 2nd round or ECF if we get lucky.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
DI personally think Heatly is a bit too one-dimensional for our centers, but he still has some hockey left in him. I was a bit suprised by that when I saw him this year. Wouldn't be shocked to see him do better somewhere else.

The more I think about it, the more I think he'd be a great fit with the Sedins. Playing with them requires little more than standing in one place and shooting pucks into nets, so I think he'd be pretty good at it. The Sedins have had seemingly a billion different RWs this season. No other forward has been on for more than a third of their ES TOI this season.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
if they are buyers I am going to guess its on D

It wont be in Goal with Hank and Talbot

The lines seem to be working. Cant see any of Kreider, Stepan, Nash moved.............Hagelin now way if its up to me. Richards is untradeable and Callahan is the Captain. IF they are winning enough to be buyers he goes no where.

Brassard is moveable but I think he has to stay with Richards bought out next yr. Zuc is going no where. Sure they can add a LW instead of Pouliott but that's likely for a pick , prospect

Moore and Boyle are the Pkers that teams need. Dorsett and Carcillo are toughness. So if they add its likely on D

McD and Staal don't get moved. They could more Moore or DZ but likely DZ
Girardi is the top RD so he doesn't go if they compete. Stralman is solid.

So they could improve on RD and a top 6 F

Punxrocknyc19*

would this trade work???

Dan Girardi, Marek Hrivik and rights to Nieves to Red Wings
Anthoy Mantha, Richard Nedomlel, Brian Lashoff and 2ed round 2014 to Rangers??

Rangers get a power forward prospect in Mantha and depth on defense with 2 prospects. Red Wings get a player for their playoff run...

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Really don't see the Wings moving Mantha for anything. He's their top prospect right now who is destroying the Q. Not to mention hes 6'4.

Hrivik and Nieves have little value in a trade like this.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
would this trade work???

Dan Girardi, Marek Hrivik and rights to Nieves to Red Wings
Anthoy Mantha, Richard Nedomlel, Brian Lashoff and 2ed round 2014 to Rangers??

Rangers get a power forward prospect in Mantha and depth on defense with 2 prospects. Red Wings get a player for their playoff run...

Girardi alone should reap at least two of those wings prospects. But it isn't the right package if you are dealing Girardi. Look at what Gaustad got a few years back. Girardi, IF traded, should return a 1st round pick, roster player, and B prospect.

EDIT: also agree with UAgoalie, dont see wings dealing Mantha

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Brooks.

The Rangers do need to bulk up, and if there’s a swap to be made for Michael Del Zotto — mentally deficient on the Tampa Bay winner Tuesday night — that would yield a defenseman capable of playing 16 minutes and moving into the top four if injury were to strike, they would undoubtedly do so.

But they surely are not deep enough throughout the organization in order to justify dealing, say J.T. Miller, highly regarded Russian junior winger Pavel Buchnevich or a future No. 1 draft pick — after sacrificing last year’s in the Rick Nash trade — for short-term gain.

Dan Girardi and Ryan Callahan are the Rangers’ chips as rental properties, but there isn’t a scintilla of available evidence — not even from Anthony Bosch or through purloined material — Sather has made either available … or that he is planning to go in that direction.

There is no doubt Girardi would become the prime rental property on the market given his value to a contender as a right-side, minutes-eating, top-four defenseman. Of course, that is exactly the value he brings to the Rangers so long as the general manager fancies his team a contender.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/in-big-picture-deals-may-not-help-rangers/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad