Proposal: Trade thread #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You need to hit them often. Often. Play it rough. Remember the game where Nostrils complained about the way Habs were playing? We need that. There is no other way to get them out of their comfort zone.
We need to get into their heads with physicality.
Guys like Byron, 62 and Evans have no place for that. We need sandpaper.
There is no other formula. There isn't really.
Look at how Scorey Perry got under the Figs' skin yesterday. THAT is how you do it.

You mean, we couldn't possibly do it by adding premium talent at every opportunity? Like, spending more than 8 years to get it done?

Oh, I forgot ...

BrilliantFittingBobcat-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: angusyoung

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You mean, we couldn't possibly do it by adding premium talent at every opportunity? Like, spending more than 8 years to get it done?

Oh, I forgot ...

BrilliantFittingBobcat-max-1mb.gif
The reality is : Habs are going to make the playoffs. As an organisation, you NEED to consider who your opponents are going to be. And adjust. All good GMs have done this.

Yes we need a shitload of talent. But on a short term basis, meaning this season, we will be facing a team that has too much talent to play their game. Playoffs are small battles and big wars. You need to shift the balance of power. To do so, you need to have them hesitate on their game plan. Right now, they don't need to.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
What do you mean forget it? KK isn't getting more than a 2.4M raise (Lehkonen's Salary). Danault isn't getting more than a 2.6M raise (armia's salary). that leaves 7.9M left... take out 1.4M to replace Lehkonen and Armia with two 700k 4th liners (there will be a ton of good one's in this covid market), and you have 6.5M to spend on that last winger for the top 9. How does that not work?

Note, next year KK will be around 3M, but Suzuki and Caufield (and Romanov) will still be on entry level contracts.
lol 5.6m for Danault
please f***ing kill me.
god please no

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We are not keeping a full top 9 roster for next season forget it , this year is special due to Gallagher contract , Danault , KK and Suzuki being at 950k a year.

lol 5.6m for Danault
please f***ing kill me.
god please no

Well that's what I'm saying - you don't give 5.6M to Danault so you have even more cap space to spend on other players.

You just made my point for me.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He also got Vanek & Petry..capable of identifying size w skill...it’s all about market price. This is a buyers market, which MB tends to perform better in

And we didn't win more with them

Aside from Ott, the rest sucked. I liked Ott. You need to get into the Figs' heads.

I like Ott overall too but I don't think he was still "effective". At least he gave us a nice gif :laugh:

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: dinodebino

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Conf finals w Vanek?

You're right, I thought we had him another time. Did he start a game (or some) on the 4th line at some point? That's all I remember... and the fact they couldn't keep him in the following Summer

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You're right, I thought we had him another time. Did he start a game (or some) on the 4th line at some point? That's all I remember... and the fact they couldn't keep him in the following Summer
He was never staying, everyone knew his wife & he both wanted to go home to Minny - worst kept secret

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He was so cheap because he was a rental as everyone knew he was going back to Minny. So no chance of anyone signing him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I mean do we really want to hug the same roster? Because that's pretty much ur plan. In a normal season right now we are not even in the playoffs.

my plan is to improve the roster by moving out Drouin, Byron, Lehkonen, and Armia and using their cap space to replace them with 1 major upgrade in the top 9, Cole Caufield.

If that 1 upgrade over Drouin is significant, plus Cole Caufield over Armia, that could push us into a better place.

I'm all for doing a proper rebuild. But MB ain't doing it. I understand you not wanting to give up say a 1st and a 2nd to move Drouin and Byron. But I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
...to play with Davey until Therrien decided that it was Vanek's fault that they stopped scoring...quality team on the ice, terrible coaching staff...
Actually Vanek played LW, and was brought on specifically to play w Plekanec & Gionta...didn’t work. Then was shuffled w DD and even Eller in a desperate attempt to find him a spot to contribute

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Actually Vanek played LW, and was brought on specifically to play w Plekanec & Gionta...didn’t work. Then was shuffled w DD and even Eller in a desperate attempt to find him a spot to contribute

...cuz Therrien was/is/always will be a moron...no foresight, no plan, just play da favorites and screw over da kids and anyone else who didn't fit "his vision"...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
my plan is to improve the roster by moving out Drouin, Byron, Lehkonen, and Armia and using their cap space to replace them with 1 major upgrade in the top 9, Cole Caufield.

If that 1 upgrade over Drouin is significant, plus Cole Caufield over Armia, that could push us into a better place.

I'm all for doing a proper rebuild. But MB ain't doing it. I understand you not wanting to give up say a 1st and a 2nd to move Drouin and Byron. But I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
MB might get fired , at this point who knows whats the plan for next season.

Don't think finishing 4th in a weak divsion while being under .500 is enough to keep his job save

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
MB might get fired , at this point who knows whats the plan for next season.

Don't think finishing 4th in a weak divsion while being under .500 is enough to keep his job save

This year he's added Anderson, Toffoli, Allen, Edmundson, Staal, and Perry. Plus Caufield and Romanov via the draft. The cubboard is full of prospects and we have what is it 13 picks in the next draft.

An ice cube has a better chance of making it through hell than MB has of getting fired by the guy who has a crush on him, Molson, this offseason.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yes they do. Not great defence, but they used to be so much worse. They're pretty average there now.

Their big D fix was done in the offseason with Brodie (an underrated move, imo)...doubt Dubas is looking for anything but scoring wingers right now...he could surprise with a Savard move, but I think they covet another winger more...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Their big D fix was done in the offseason with Brodie (an underrated move, imo)...doubt Dubas is looking for anything but scoring wingers right now...he could surprise with a Savard move, but I think they covet another winger more...

Also brought in and re-signed Muzzin who is their best D-man and signed Holl. I actually doubt they'd go after Savard, there are cheaper defensive D that are playing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad