Speculation: Trade Targets

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don’t think you need Big Skill. You need mostly two way skill. I think if you fill a team out with some forecheckers with size.

Nazar is two way skill. Moore should be two way skill. Bedard is not two way skill (yet) but you can handle that when he puts up 100 points.

I wouldn’t feel like I needed Lindstrom. I’m more excited by skill that can PP/PK and produce. Why I was very excited to see Nazar out there all situation.
I agree with this. I'd rather have a big player than a similarly skilled player who is undersized, but you can have small guys that play big and defensively responsible.

Easy example of this from this season's Hawks team is Blackwell, who plays hard despite being 5ft9. He's certainly not that skilled, but he plays hard despite being undersized. And there are dozens of other examples of small guys that play above their weight class.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I agree with this. I'd rather have a big player than a similarly skilled player who is undersized, but you can have small guys that play big and defensively responsible.

Easy example of this from this season's Hawks team is Blackwell, who plays hard despite being 5ft9. He's certainly not that skilled, but he plays hard despite being undersized. And there are dozens of other examples of small guys that play above their weight class.
My guys are like JT Compher and Anthony Cirelli. Jarvis. Hagel. Gourde, Cogliano.

I just dont think you need to chase size at forward anymore. If your guys can play heavy PK and a 200 foot game I don’t care what size they are.

The good news is we have the size on Defense, no doubt about that. The great news is you have Bedard. The bad news is I think you can only afford to have one Bedardish player. All offense. Granted, he can and will make big strides defensively. But he and Kurashev have essentially been “NHL cherry picking” all year. Don’t blame them, but not winning hockey.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Keep an eye on Kotkaniemi from Carolina

Canes likely need to move some salary with lots of deals up the next couple years. He wouldn’t cost a fortune but better than he has shown this year as a middle six C. Richardson knows him well from MTL

I’ll call my shot on that

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Canes likely need to move some salary with lots of deals up the next couple years. He wouldn’t cost a fortune but better than he has shown this year as a middle six C. Richardson knows him well from MTL

HELL. NO.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Committing to 7 years right now to someone who is not more proven than a good roster bottom half player is a bad idea

Reactions: Giovi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

No thanks sir

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Pretty sure whatever influence Richardson had in the front office diminisions with each passing day. Richardson getting launched is way more likely than anyone taking personel scouting input from him.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he is a 23 year old bottom 6 center. with 4.8 due the next 6 years. my guess is it would take a asset coming back. if it was something of value I would consider it. the have 3 of there top Forwards ufa and 2 of there D. the question would be what asset coming back. Scott Morrow 6-2 RD solid skater? or a 2025 2nd. he is overpaid by about 1.8. with the cap going up that gap may close.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pretty sure whatever influence Richardson had in the front office diminisions with each passing day. Richardson getting launched is way more likely than anyone taking personel scouting input from him.
As it should, He doesn't get to watch other teams play as often as the scouts do. Unless it's an agreed upon thing, he should get very little say in what players are brought in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00