Proposal: Trade Suggestion NYR-MTL

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
It's a specular proposition... FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Seriously, stop making proposals. Evaluate each team's strengths and weaknesses and what they need to become better.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To NYR: Lars Eller, Ryan White, Louis Leblanc
To MTL: Derek Stepan, Dylan McIlrath

For the Rangers:
They get Eller who's a big defensive center. With Richards, Brassard, Eller, Boyle the Rangers are deep at center. White will help their 4th line with Boyle. Leblanc could do better in a change of city other than Montreal.

For the Habs:
We get an offensive center with size. Stepan could also play wing, he's fast, skates very well and good hands. 20 goals per season player. McIlrath is big but needs time to mature. He's best friends with Christian Thomas. Moving White allows room for Micheal Bournival to join the team. He's faster and plays a smarter game than White. Since Stepan can play wing, we could finally move Galchenyuk to his natural position center. If we decide to move Desharnais in the future, we have Stepan to play center.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Stepan
Moen-Bournival-Prust
Parros

Markov-Diaz
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-Boullion
Murray

*Emelin injuried

Price
Budaj

Wow!! That's colossal trade. I think the Habs should sit tight for time being to see what we have this season before making a major move.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
To NYR: Lars Eller, Ryan White, Louis Leblanc
To MTL: Derek Stepan, Dylan McIlrath

I don't see NYR doing this, though they do owe us for McDonagh. :(

trading Leblanc now would be too risky since there's no reason to do so since he can play in the AHL without waivers and selling low on him now is not something I could see the Habs doing. Better to wait and see if he rebounds this season, it looks like he is working hard at bouncing back.

I'd rather keep White and I don't think he would have much trade value at this point.

Eller I would rather keep and see how he does this year. I have no problem trading him for the right price but since he's one of our only centers with size and he's young and cheap still.

I would be interested in both NYR players, Stephan I like but I would assume the price would be too high and if I'm the Habs I stay clear of trading young players/prospects with NYR. I would have preferred it if the Habs had gotten McIlrath in the Kristo trade, have only seen a little of him (when going back and watching vids of Thomas) and he really stood out for his physical game. Would not mind adding him to our group of D prospects but not sure why NYR would move him now.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Everyone keeps looking for big talented centers and you would trade Eller away now???

Trade him but only in hockey pools or NHL computer games.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Stepan is 6' 182lbs.

No way in hell I make that deal. I'm not sure I'd give up Eller for him, let alone throwing in White and LeBlanc for a bust d-man...we already have a pile of d-men prospects in the AHL.
You wouldn't give up Eller for Stepan? :huh:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
we should try to trade Moen for Haley. After that, you give him a real chance to play in the big league so he can surprise peoples

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I love Eller but NYR would hang up without second thought. Stepan would also be our #1 C hands down capable of taking on tough minutes and be a key offensive producer...not 3rd line RW.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
You wouldn't give up Eller for Stepan? :huh:

I siad "I'm not sure" meaning it could go either way.

Stepan is more polished, but he's also had inflated stats last year playing with Nash and on the top PP while Richards struggled. I think he is more of a 60-65 point guy tahn a 75-80 point guy, which was his pace.

I think Eller can match him offensively, or close given the same ice time/linemates/PP time plus he is bigger/stronger and just as fast.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Anyway he was just resigned, Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2 h
Stepan deal: two years, $6.15 M total.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I love Eller but NYR would hang up without second thought. Stepan would also be our #1 C hands down capable of taking on tough minutes and be a key offensive producer...not 3rd line RW.

Stepan is more a #2 guy that had a year where everything went right. I doubt he could have maintained 21 minutes a night over 82 games also. Similar to Desharnais in 11-12, everything was in place to have a big year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad