Proposal: Trade Suggestion NYR-MTL

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
To NYR: Lars Eller, Ryan White, Louis Leblanc
To MTL: Derek Stepan, Dylan McIlrath

For the Rangers:
They get Eller who's a big defensive center. With Richards, Brassard, Eller, Boyle the Rangers are deep at center. White will help their 4th line with Boyle. Leblanc could do better in a change of city other than Montreal.

For the Habs:
We get an offensive center with size. Stepan could also play wing, he's fast, skates very well and good hands. 20 goals per season player. McIlrath is big but needs time to mature. He's best friends with Christian Thomas. Moving White allows room for Micheal Bournival to join the team. He's faster and plays a smarter game than White. Since Stepan can play wing, we could finally move Galchenyuk to his natural position center. If we decide to move Desharnais in the future, we have Stepan to play center.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Stepan
Moen-Bournival-Prust
Parros

Markov-Diaz
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-Boullion
Murray

*Emelin injuried

Price
Budaj

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

For the Rangers:
They get Eller who's a big defensive center. With Richards, Brassard, Eller, Boyle the Rangers are deep at center. White will help their 4th line with Boyle. Leblanc could do better in a change of city other than Montreal.

For the Habs:
We get an offensive center with size. Stepan could also play wing, he's fast, skates very well and good hands. 20 goals per season player. McIlrath is big but needs time to mature. He's best friends with Christian Thomas. Moving White allows room for Micheal Bournival to join the team. He's faster and plays a smarter game than White. Since Stepan can play wing, we could finally move Galchenyuk to his natural position center. If we decide to move Desharnais in the future, we have Stepan to play center.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Bournival-Prust
Parros

Markov-Diaz
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-Boullion
Murray

*Emelin injuried

Price
Budaj

Stepan has size?!?!?!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The Rangers wouldn't do this, and it doesn't really target a need for the Habs since Galchenyuk should be able to give us what Stepan does in a year or so.

Now is not the time to panic about Eller, just because of preseason games.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I love Eller but Stepan is a better player. The Rags wouldn't so this anyway.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I love Eller but Stepan is a better player. The Rags wouldn't so this anyway.

He is, but then the op puts him on the 3rd line RW... I just hope he stopped posting in the Trade proposal thread, I can't disagree with overlords here...

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Aside from the fact that the Rangers would never do this in a million years, how on earth did you ever come away with the idea that Stepan was big or fast? Those are pretty much his two (fairly well known) biggest weaknesses.

And I'm one of the bigger Eller fans on this board.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

For the Rangers:

For the Habs:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Bournival-Prust
Parros

Markov-Diaz
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-Boullion
Murray

*Emelin injuried

Price
Budaj

Stepan is 6' 182lbs.

No way in hell I make that deal. I'm not sure I'd give up Eller for him, let alone throwing in White and LeBlanc for a bust d-man...we already have a pile of d-men prospects in the AHL.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Stepan is 6' 182lbs.

No way in hell I make that deal. I'm not sure I'd give up Eller for him, let alone throwing in White and LeBlanc for a bust d-man...we already have a pile of d-men prospects in the AHL.

I would definitely give up Eller for him, Stepan is just a better player IMO and I think it will stay that way. And per the rumours is only asking for a 3.5 million bridge deal, Stepan was their first line center last year and had a tremendous year. Leblanc isn't a deal breaker too, I don't think the Rangers would do that though. Maybe add a couple of drat picks on our side.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I would definitely give up Eller for him, Stepan is just a better player IMO and I think it will stay that way. And per the rumours is only asking for a 3.5 million bridge deal, Stepan was their first line center last year and had a tremendous year. Leblanc isn't a deal breaker too, I don't think the Rangers would do that though. Maybe add a couple of drat picks on our side.

Stepan is a very good player, but people complain that DD has sheltered minutes and gets the top wingers, well Stepan got #1 center ice time, PP time and wingers last year. If you stick Eller with the top PP, Nash and Callahan as wingers, what would his numbers be?

Stepan (23) 6' 182lbs 48 GP 18-26-44(10 PP points) 20:55 ice time
Eller(24) 6'2" 216lbs 46 GP 8-22-30(5 PP points) 14:50 ice time

They actually had the same production rates.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That's a lot to give and I'm not sure the Rags would touch Leblanc with a 9 foot clown pole with his limited pre-season performance.

Edit: One thing the habs didn't do with Leblanc is put his skills on display for a trade, that's the bottom line.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
That's a lot to give and I'm not sure the Rags would touch Leblanc with a 9 foot clown pole with his limited pre-season performance.

Edit: One thing the habs didn't do with Leblanc is put his skills on display for a trade, that's the bottom line.

Trading LeBlanc makes little sense for the Habs.

1-they would be trading low
2-they have some veterans on RW that will need replacing and he is one of the closer young players to the NHL
3-he showed up in camp in top shape and motivated, let him produce

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I'm not sure why Eller is often discribed as a solid defensive center.

I mean, he's good on the PK, but is very average in his territory 5 on 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad