Speculation: Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I'd love a 1st round pick this year. Not sure how we make that happen. Thoughts?

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
He's also been asked to player center when he's been a LW his whole career.

This. He's been put in a primarily shutdown role on the 3rd line this season, sometimes at C, now that CAR has J.Staal.

Boyle for Jokinen is a deal I'd do 7x a week, twice on Sunday. CAR gets a good defensive shutdown C for their 3rd/4th line and sheds salary. Rangers add some offensive ability to the bottom 6 and get a guy who can play both sides of the puck and.. who isn't Boyle.

Jussi Jokinen clearing waivers because CAR won't take back a contract the day after Stepan puts up 4 points is not really that hilarious.

I'd take him if they eat 500K and take Pyatt back.

Fixed. And I'd love this deal, but I doubt CAR would eat any of Jokinen's salary.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The last 3 or 4 years?

09-10 - 65 points
10-11 - 52 points (played 11 less game than previous year)
11-12 - 46 points (a dip, but not to significant)

I mean sure, he's not a gambreaker and that 65 points was likely his outlier year, but he's still capable of scoring 35-40 points in this league. Much more than i can say for any of our other 3rd/4th line options.

Especially if we're able to dump pyatt for him.

He is a 40-50 point LWer who is good in shootouts and has good speed. He would be a good pick-up.

Jussi Jokinen clearing waivers the day after Stepan puts up 4 points is hilarious.

I'd take him if they eat 500K and take Pyatt back.

Love that idea. I would do a Pyatt + Delisle/Wilson/low end contracted player for Jokinen though too

He has steadily been pushed down the line-up. Jordan Staal, healthy Skinner, Ruutu and Larose returning, Semin re-signing. Carolina's problems have not been with their forwards.

The Rangers have the depth and skill to roll 3 scoring lines easily. That should be their goal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Still possible Jokinen can be moved but either Carolina picks up some of his salary in a trade or takes a player back in a trade...

This makes too much sense for the Rangers who have players who they can dump. Pyatt? Powe?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Morris trade was an even match in cap hits. Morris had no term remaining.

The Sabres are rumored to be moving a number of players including Steve Ott and D-man Jordan Leopold.

Ott, who was traded from Dallas for Derek Roy, has proven to be a bad trade for both teams.

Roy is also available as Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk continues to reshape his roster.

Yandle rumor won’t die…

Sources say the Coyotes would be willing to part with D-man Keith Yandle in exchange for a number one center. Yandle may be the only chip they would move who would fetch that player in return.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Blues-Searching-for-AnswersPlus-NHL-News

Stop right there. Steve Ott. Cap hit of $2.95M. $3.2M in salary. Boyle($1.7M cap/$1.8M salary) and Powe($1,066,667 cap/$1.115M salary). Add one of the 3rd's. Not the FLA 3rd. Sean Avery 2013. Steve Ott. Signed through next season. His contract expires just the right time after he has annoyed everyone.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Stop right there. Steve Ott. Cap hit of $2.95M. $3.2M in salary. Boyle($1.7M cap/$1.8M salary) and Powe($1,066,667 cap/$1.115M salary). Add one of the 3rd's. Not the FLA 3rd. Sean Avery 2013. Steve Ott. Signed through next season. His contract expires just the right time after he has annoyed everyone.

I wouldn't mind Steve Ott.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Would love Ott. Boyle going back makes sense as they just lost Gaustad last year who they lied but priced himself out. Boyle is a similar player.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

So we're sending Boyle and Powe for Ott, and we're setting Florida's third round pick off-limits?

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
And you've shown a great grasp of Jokinen's value in the past, so I'll take that at face value...

Take it as whatever you want. It's math. It would be idiotic for CAR to take back any salary on Jokinen in addition to a Pyatt type contract after the extension they just gave Semin and the rest of the makeup of their team.

Are you saying Gabby only has 10 points? You're not even close.

No, he/she is referring to Jokinen. You'd know this if you read the prior couple pages which show that TRJXW clearly dislikes Jokinen for whatever reason despite the obvious fact that he is a low-risk high-reward option to improve this team.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Contract goes beyond this season as well though. Is he THAT much better than Jokinen who could have been had for free?

Kills penalties, is excellent on faceoffs, and brings a physicality that we could really use. If we're justifying Jokinen saying he could bring 35-40 points, I'll gladly take Ott and his 30-35 while bringing those other things to the table.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Take it as whatever you want. It's math. It would be idiotic for CAR to take back any salary on Jokinen in addition to a Pyatt type contract after the extension they just gave Semin and the rest of the makeup of their team.

No, he/she is referring to Jokinen. You'd know this if you read the prior couple pages which show that TRJXW clearly dislikes Jokinen for whatever reason despite the obvious fact that he is a low-risk high-reward option to improve this team.

$3 million on the books next year for a guy who has severely underperformed IS a high risk.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Kills penalties, is excellent on faceoffs, and brings a physicality that we could really use. If we're justifying Jokinen saying he could bring 35-40 points, I'll gladly take Ott and his 30-35 while bringing those other things to the table.

The other thing is that Ott is essentially a 2nd-3rd line tweener who sits closer to the 3rd line slot. In other words, he would provide for this team what Dubinsky was supposed to last year.

If Ott's available, I would be VERY interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad