Confirmed with Link: TRADE!!: Sharp & Johns for Garbutt & Daley

Timani

Nope...just my $0.02 that all the turd shining doesn't make the turd look any better. Of course, I understand Nill has to spout all kinds of diplomatic tropes, but I don't have to :P.

Aahh, no worries, but my point is that even the most beautiful people (In this case, Nill and his mustache) have to drop turds. I'm just glad they're smaller and easy to clean up.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
In a world where we had a 3C, that would be great. As it is, we've got a lineup filled out in permanent marker because a bunch of guys are capable of only one position.

Well I also through that out, because there was some talk here about not being too high on Sharp due to thinking he is on the decline offensively. That combined with him being decent defensively made me throw out the idea.

ItsTheCracken*

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Sharp - Spezza - Hemsky
McKenzie - Eakin - Ritchie
Roussel - Fiddler - Sceviour

Goligoski - Klingberg
Nemeth - Demers
Oleksiak - Jokipakka
Benn

Leths/Niemi

:amazed:

Eaves will be in the starting lineup. (McKenzie to Tex)
I also believe that they will put Ritchie with Sharp, Spezza based on Ruff's comments earlier in the week.
So 3rd line is probably - Rous Eakin Scevior. And the 4th is - Eaves Fidds Hemsky.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Can the Stars PR guys make sure new players meet up with Bob and Dan instead of Mike and Corby? Just heard Patrick Sharp's segment on the Ticket on Monday and it might have been the worst segment in station history ... "and so obviously you were good at hockey at a young age" ... "so you didn't do the thing where you go off to some tiny Canadian outpost in upper Alberta or somewhere like that and live with a family you don't know?" ... "I don't understand that about that game, I'm too Americanized I guess" ... bringing up Modano when he's no longer with the organization ... Mike then went on to describe Sharp as "a guy who [does] things right ... who knows the right way to do things things, who knows the right things to do ... who does things right."

:facepalm:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Not the most eloquent public speaker, I have to say :).

Even if it is just platitudes, I think it is moderately charming. You could do much worse as far as accents go. But what matters is what he does and he's doing a decent job thus far.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Chicago's already traded both Daley (for Scuderi) and Garbutt (for Sekac).

What a deal. :laugh:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
And probably a cautionary tale of avoiding huge contracts......no matter how good the player is/was.

But, lets look at all the nothing Nill has let go to acquire Seguin, Spezza, Sharp, Demers and Niemi.

Boston - Looking to resign Louis, but traded Reilly Smith to FL. Matt Fraser on a 2 way with EDM after being let go, and I don't think Morrow or Ryan Button made it.

Ottawa - Chaisson scored all of 11 goals in Ottawa last year, and who knows about Paul as a prospect......

Chicago has dumped both Daley and Garbutt.

San Jose - Dillon playing decently on SJ third pair, and somewhat dissapointing, while we get our most consistent D man, a third round pick and retained salary. Niemi cost a low draft pick.

My only problem with all this is that Nill may run out of trade partners afraid of being fleeced.....Actually, some of these deals are reminders of the bad old days - Garbutt, Dillon, etc. being free agent pick ups to round out a roster looked okay on a bad team back then, but their true colors are showing now.

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
And probably a cautionary tale of avoiding huge contracts......no matter how good the player is/was.

But, lets look at all the nothing Nill has let go to acquire Seguin, Spezza, Sharp.

Boston - Looking to resign Louis, but traded Reilly Smith to FL. Matt Fraser on a 2 way with EDM after being let go, and I don't think Morrow or Ryan Button made it.

Ottawa - Chaisson scored all of 11 goals in Ottawa last year, and who knows about Paul as a prospect......

Chicago has dumped both Daley and Garbutt.

My only problem with all this is that Nill may run out of trade partners afraid of being fleeced.....

Morrow is playing for them now, and Smith had 50 points IIRC, that trade had good pieces. It's a real shame about Peverly, he would probably be doing the Sharp role minus some scoring for much less now and we'd have probably made the playoffs last year with him to help lock things down.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I asked this in the trade rumors thread, and realize most of these things work out, but with some hard feelings for Garbutt on the Ducks, has there ever been an on ice, in game, players from the same team fight? Would be hilarious. My guess is the fights take place in practice, but has the making of a bad Hollywood script.

Also, hope Garbutt shows our guys at least some respect as former team mates when the Ducks come to call rather than spear them, etc. Wouldn't bet on it though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I asked this in the trade rumors thread, and realize most of these things work out, but with some hard feelings for Garbutt on the Ducks, has there ever been an on ice, in game, players from the same team fight? Would be hilarious. My guess is the fights take place in practice, but has the making of a bad Hollywood script.

Also, hope Garbutt shows our guys at least some respect as former team mates when the Ducks come to call rather than spear them, etc. Wouldn't bet on it though.

Its happened in practice before, I'm certain of that. Can't think of exactly who but I remember it happening sometime in the last few years.

I think Kyle Beach was also a part of scrum with a teammate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad