Confirmed with Link: TRADE!!: Sharp & Johns for Garbutt & Daley

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
[DAL/CHI] Patrick Sharp, Stephen Johns for Trevor Daley, Ryan Garbutt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Stars retaining some of Garbutt's salary per Heika.

WHO GIVES A **** HES GONE

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Holy ****! What?! Yikes... Well that's something alright... And that certainly solve our roster problems, even got another spot for a prospect to compete for at camp... But damn... Both Daley and Garbutt out and we're getting Sharp back... I mean, I was never convinced neither of those guys were unsalvageable, I was ok with the idea of another season of Garbutt and Daley. But this is just... Delicious... Sure, Sharp is not a player for the future, but we didn't give up any prospects either so it's not like it matters... Jim Nill, you are a magician!

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Sharp - Spezza - Hemsky
McKenzie - Eakin - Ritchie
Roussel - Fiddler - Sceviour

Goligoski - Klingberg
Nemeth - Demers
Oleksiak - Jokipakka
Benn

Leths/Niemi

:amazed:

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Yessss total steal. How does GMJN convince other teams that our scrubs are somehow elite talent?

Johns is also a top D prospect in Chicago's system.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
NBC Chicago - Top 10 Blackhawks Prospects #7 Stephen Johns

With Johnny Oduya potentially landing on the trading block at the draft, Johns could be considered as a replacement. He would give the Blackhawks a physical element on the back-end that they’re currently only getting from Brent Seabrook, and his ability to handle the puck under duress and find open teammates would definitely be a plus in the Hawks’ free-flowing offense.
The only real questions that can be asked about his skillset concern his discipline. His penalty minutes are consistently high, and while that isn’t always a deal-breaker at the junior and collegiate levels, it’s still something that he would have to work on in the NHL. He’ll also have to grow more adept at his stick checking and staying in his lane, as he occasionally will go for a big hit over making the responsible defensive play.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhouse-enforcer/Top-10-Blackhawks-Prospects-7-Stephen-Johns-261368501.html

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Love this move for you guys. If you can sign one of Franson/Ehrhoff/Oduya it would be a pretty good offseason

That'd be the guy in that list I'd want in order to solidify the defensive d-man role in addition to Nemeth and enable Goligoski to return to his natural puck-moving game. The other two are not what this team needs and will likely ask for major money and term that this team couldn't afford in 2-3 years when Benn and Seguin will be up for extension.

Nothingman*

Johns will end up the player in this trade the Stars will remember. He will be a stud.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Goligoski - Klingberg
Nemeth - Demers
Jokipakka - Oleksiak
Jo. Benn

Honka, Lindell, and Johns as our top three in CP, with any of them ready to be called up.

I suspect Johns is a Demers replacement for a couple years from now. Right-handed, good size, physical, projects to be a #3-5... sounds just like Demers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad