Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
pinto, greig, boucher, formenton, protected 1st, JBD, thomson should all be on the table

then have sanderson move over and let Zub play with Chabot.
For Chykryn I’d be good with Connor Brown, Greig, Zaitsev, Top 3 protected 1st and a 2nd.

Weakens our forwards but a top 4 could be extremely high end.

Chabot Zub
Chykryn Sanderson

We would be set on D and at centre. Wingers and goalies are the easiest to fill.

Reactions: NB613

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
For Chykryn I’d be good with Connor Brown, Greig, Zaitsev, Top 3 protected 1st and a 2nd.

Chabot Zub
Chykryn Sanderson

We would be set on D and at centre. Wingers and goalies are the easiest to fill.
Only one problem, they won’t want Zaitsev

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ya the eichel ask is not bad

gms are going to kick themselves when they see eichel play again
Well it’s tough because gms love to say that got a first round pick back in a deal. They don’t give a shit where it lands. GMs are f***ing dumb. So like 5-10 teams essentially couldn’t trade for him for fear they would miss out on a top 5 talent in the draft.
So even if they did have better packages I would bet Buffalo was saying no without a first. Even if VGKs is 32nd and Ottawa offered their second which could be 33rd I bet they would have still said no.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Well it’s tough because gms love to say that got a first round pick back in a deal. They don’t give a shit where it lands. GMs are f***ing dumb. So like 5-10 teams essentially couldn’t trade for him for fear they would miss out on a top 5 talent in the draft.
So even if they did have better packages I would bet Buffalo was saying no without a first. Even if VGKs is 32nd and Ottawa offered their second which could be 33rd I bet they would have still said no.
The pick is lottery protected

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Chabot Zub
Chykryn Sanderson

Except we're limiting Sanderson by having him play his off side.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I’m not seeing that as a problem. Really good D can handle it.

Still not using your players optimally. No sense spending assets on a player only to take your best prospect and make him play with an obstacle like that.

Nothing against Chychurn, but if we're spending assets to acquire a big piece, let's make it a piece we really need.

Reactions: topshelf15

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Still not using your players optimally. No sense spending assets on a player only to take your best prospect and make him play with an obstacle like that.

Nothing against Chychurn, but if we're spending assets to acquire a big piece, let's make it a piece we really need.
We need a top 4 D and an all star one on a value contract is on the market. Not sure what other hole you can fill while still reducing expenditures.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We need a top 4 D and an all star one on a value contract is on the market. Not sure what other hole you can fill while still reducing expenditures.
I like the idea of getting another top 4 defender,but having one of our young guys play their offside isnt ideal...It doesnt matter anyhow LA is going to throw a package that we wont be able to match to get him as the have nothing on the left side period

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Lmao. What do you think Anisimov was, if not a crappier player and a cap dump? You realize AZ was nowhere near the cap, didn't give a rats ass about cap and, even with retention, the far crappier Anisimov would be paid more than Stepan?

Say what you will, but spinning it as me wanting Stepan rather than me simply preferring Stepan to Anisimov (and, hilariously to you, swapping a 4th (!!!) for a recent 3rd rounder with local ties), is bullshit. And the fact that you are coming after me with that because I said, in respectful discussion with someone else that I don't think Nino is a good top 6er, is pathetic.

I've responded to you plenty of times since and been nothing but cordial. I'll continue to do so. You have fun with your silly little grudge.

Both Ansimov and Stepan were lousy players at the cusp of their careers. I remember those off season posts and discussions between some Senator & Yotes (e.g. RT, etc.) fans. They were pretty funny.

Discussing trade ideas for useful NHL players that can help the team would be more interesting. Even waste management (garbage disposal) services companies get paid for their services if that's the role that the Senators org wants to play & fans want to discuss. Simple point. Time to move on to other more interesting subjects. JMHO.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brock Boeser,is one name that seems like it would be a nice fit for us...A skilled top 6 RW ,but he likely costs way too much both in assets ,and cap dollars

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Still 4th overal 5th overal 6th overal. Teams hate parting with those just as much as other GMs loooooooove get first round picks back regardless of position
It’s top 10 protected

I agree with you at GM and owners are dumb

a player like eichel is worth his weight in gold

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Both Ansimov and Stepan were lousy players at the cusp of their careers. I remember those off season posts and discussions between some Senator & Yotes (e.g. RT, etc.) fans. They were pretty funny.

Discussing trade ideas for useful NHL players that can help the team would be more interesting. Even waste management (garbage disposal) services companies get paid for their services if that's the role that the Senators org wants to play & fans want to discuss. Simple point. Time to move on to other more interesting subjects. JMHO.

Waste Management doesn't also drop off their trash - which, by the way, smells worse, can't be recycled, and is a bigger payload - when they pick up. If they did, they wouldn't get paid as much. Simple point.

You are the one who brought this up, unprompted, 6 months after the fact, as a way to criticize me for an argument you disagreed with - which, at this point, I don't think you actually have a personal viewpoint on. I think you just disagreed to be petty. I never would have thought that, but being so immature makes me believe it. If you find the things I discuss unimportant or uninteresting, may I suggest you ignore them, rather than referencing them for months on end?

Criticize my points on their merits, argue with me in good faith, like I do to you and like I was doing in my discussion about Nino. There are plenty of things you have said that I could try to embarrass you with - this is not a shot at you, as we all say things that don't age well or reveal our ignorance - but I'm not going to stoop that low. You can continue to do so if you'd like.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
7.5M QO. Too much for him.

7.5m is not the issue in and of itself, it's that it is high enough that he will likely accept it & walk right to FA. I know that's what you are implying, by the way... I'm just clarifying on your behalf.

It’s top 10 protected

1yr Top 10 protection from Vegas is very different than 1yr top 10 protection from Ottawa!

Reactions: GCK

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It’s top 10 protected

The pick from vegas was top 10 protected!?? Yeah. Sort of lends itself to my point than.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Brock Boeser,is one name that seems like it would be a nice fit for us...A skilled top 6 RW ,but he likely costs way too much both in assets ,and cap dollars
Dumbass move picking white over him(or konecny but I was hoping for boeser at the time). Had a feeling that was a mistake from the minute that happened.
(And then we took gagner instead of Carlo, who I was hoping for)

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Chabot Zub
Chykryn Sanderson

Overkill imo considering how good chabot and Sanderson are. Don’t need a big time guy with Sanderson or chabot. Just a solid compliment, support partner for them.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Chychrun would be great, but if we're acquiring him we have to be committed to going all out the next three years while his deal is cheap because we won't be able to pay him and Sanderson at the same time (unless we try to move Chabot which would be a very good problem to have).

Offer a top 10 protected 1st (but in 2024, don't give up a first in a draft with Bedard and Mitchkov), Grieg, Boucher, Zaitsev, and a roster depth roster guy like Formenton, Gambrell or Gaudette. If they don't want salary in Zaitsev, maybe MDZ?

Try not to move out Paul of Brown who can be a part of this team's success in reduced roles. If we get Chychrun, forward core has to be addressed. A Giroux, Tarasenko, etc... someone who instantly provides more scoring is a must.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Chicago just gave away Alex Nylander for a very low return. Sure he's declining, but Chicago's management (despite any changes) doesn't seem the brightest. Try and get Dylan Strome for nothing Dorion, or better yet, offload Zaitsev, JBrown, etc.. anything for him. We might be able to get a year or two of production out of him and flip him. Or he'd be a better stop gap then Gambrell

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dorion confirms that they reached out to Kuzmenko's agent to setup a meeting. Seems like multiple teams will be after him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad