Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The idea of adding Dubois would be to get us another top 6 centre. By including Norris in a return we get somewhat better potentially but we wind up still needing a top 6 centre. If Stutzle moves to centre then I’d be pleased to go with Timmy and Norris and use our assets to grab some D.
Dubois and jimmy down the middle is pretty nasty still

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Guys they’re pretty equal players overall right now bringing different things.
PLD with the slight edge if anything. And all things being equal I do take PLD every time but you can’t undervalue a 6’4” 40 goal scorer.
Hard to evaluate two guys with effort, attitude issues until some time has passed.

A pretty cool trade though. Very interested to see how it plays out.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And very possibly over valued.
HF posters yet again think they know more than the professionals....

Right now Bergevin is leading for worst GM in the NHL. Chayka had a 15 page stroke off.

There's a decent chance Torts might retire once this contract is done. There was some rumblings about that not too long ago. And he is in the final year of his current deal, so it's not like Laine (or anyone else) have all that long to wait...if the rumor is true.
If he runs another star player out of town in the last year of his contract i guarantee he wont be back.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
What kind of assets do you think he's dealt for in that case...surely not equal or greater than pld and a 3rd?
You said all they would be left with is a third liner.

They needed to trade Dubois and got the best possible return they could have. Kudos to them

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Laine goin from a pretty stacked offensive group in Winnipeg to Columbus is gonna open his eyes a little bit I think. Who's the most talented forward with the Jackets, Domi?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Dubois and jimmy down the middle is pretty nasty still
I don’t think that’s feasible long term with a hard cap. Can’t have your second line centre making 8-9 IMO or you wind up top heavy like the leafs or Oilers.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I mean if you think they might get somewhat better thats up to you. Its not the case, they would get immediately way better.
I’m not talking about today, I’m projecting out to 22/23 when our competitive window opens.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
A Tortorella and Laine fit is just terrible

that being said I think Jarmo got a pretty solid deal once again. I think Laine is the best player in the deal.

Funny looking back seeing my fellow Habs fans pals thinking they’d get Dubois in a deal centered around Phil Danault lmao

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Any chance we could trade Derek Stepan to Columbus for a 2nd round pick?

I mean, their center line depht is less than ideal now!

Bjorkstrand and Texier are their best pieces up front

I also see Liam Foudy as their Formenton, maybe not as physical but could develop as a center.

I like Emil Bemstrom too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad