Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle to Islanders, Anything Else Cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
What's the rush in signing him? Why not wait until the draft is over in case someone shakes loose?

This was always my thought. I'm not as scared of him as some, but waiting it out is never a bad thing. If someone overpays, you just have to get other plans in motion quickly.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010
There is zero risk of us going with a Nurse/Benning 2nd pairing. Zero.

At worst, we make some deals with Vegas to get some of their spare parts. At best, we still have a whole offseason to get more ideal candidates. Chia's not a dumb man. He'll deal with this right.

And letting Russell walk would be a blunder.

Letting Russell walk would not be a blunder. He's easily replaceable. Signing him to this terrible contract would be a blunder of epic proportions. We won't win a cup with him one the second pairing and with him getting 4mil per year we won't have the cap space to get an upgrade.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The scary thing to consider is that this was probably the best deal he was going to get. I'd really hate to see what the other deals were.

I'm tired of our GM getting lowballed.

My guess. Everybody else was probably asking for retention and/or picks.

Chia wants to make sure he has prospects in the pipeline to replace players who get too expensive.

Hopefully we're getting to a place where he can gouge another team.

I am laughing though because NYI's probable first line is going to be slooooooow.

Ladd/Tavares/Eberle. One of Ladd or Eberle will probably have to be on the second line. Spread the slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig