Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle to Islanders, Anything Else Cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I hate the Eberle deal but I don't mind this. I might have to find a new board to post on. :laugh:

I'm with you except the other way around, I don't mind the Eberle deal but absolutely hate this. Might need to take a break for a while.
Chia is a real idiot sometimes. He's bargaining against himself, no team is stupid enough to give him that deal. If he gives him a NMC, I don't think I can deal with it.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
You think he would turn down $9M+/yr long term if it was offered to him?

I do.

Because that's likely only 2 million more a year and he would have to go to a putrid team that would get beat up by mcdavid and his former teammates 5 times a year.

Don't think he wants to go to anither decade long build.

Perhaps he'd consider it to a contender, but those teams rarely have 9 million in space.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
You think he would turn down $9M+/yr long term if it was offered to him?

I think theres a reason why very few players actually do sign offer sheets.

Either way, I don't think it will come to that. I think he signs July 1st TBH.

In answer to your question though, I think that he would def take a hometown discount to play in Edmonton with his buddy McD and compete for the cup every year.

Of course neither of us really know whats going on in his head.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Rumor is McDavid will be getting $14 million per. If so, let me be the first to say goodbye to Leon and thanks for the playoff run. Hopefully we can get more than Strome for you, but with Chia doing the trading ... I doubt it.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Straight up, he'd be making 900k more than last season. It shouldn't be a problem.

It doesn't seem like much now but 4 years is a long time for an aging dman. I'm just worried he'll be another bottom pairing dman making 4 mil in a couple years who keeps us from improving our team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm with you except the other way around, I don't mind the Eberle deal but absolutely hate this. Might need to take a break for a while.
Chia is a real idiot sometimes. He's bargaining against himself, no team is stupid enough to give him that deal. If he gives him a NMC, I don't think I can deal with it.

There is reportedly a good amount of interest already and we know for sure Calgary and Vegas are interested.

I sure don't see a lot of better options in free agency.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Do you guys think he won't be an asset you can trade after year 2 or as a rental after year 3?

I don't love it, but he seems to mesh pretty well with Sekera.

If you're comfortable with the AAV, only way it would be bad is if you think he only has one year left at last year's level of play or they give a full NMC for all years.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Do you guys think he won't be an asset you can trade after year 2 or as a rental after year 3?

I don't love it, but he seems to mesh pretty well with Sekera.

If you're comfortable with the AAV, only way it would be bad is if you think he only has one year left at last year's level of play or they give a full NMC for all years.

It's another Andrew Ference/Mark Fayne deal that we'll no doubt be regretting after year 2.

I like Russell but for not for four years.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Rumor is McDavid will be getting $14 million per. If so, let me be the first to say goodbye to Leon and thanks for the playoff run. Hopefully we can get more than Strome for you, but with Chia doing the trading ... I doubt it.

Calm down....it's just a rumour from Dreger, who as we know is Mr.Perfect when it comes to everything he tweets.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad