Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I could see them asking for Kreider for O'Reilly. Landeskog + Kreider on the wings would be tough to contain. Depending on what O'Reilly is asking for in a contract I would pull the trigger.

Richards
O'Reilly
Stepan
Boyle/Halpern

No reason for the Rangers to do that.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Wha!?!

I am one of Kreider's biggest fans, but O'Reilly is the MUCH better player and they are the same age. O'Reilly is a future Patrice Bergeron (and he isn't far off at this point).

Kreider can be a 30 goals / 60 points player.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Wha!?!

I am one of Kreider's biggest fans, but O'Reilly is the MUCH better player and they are the same age. O'Reilly is a future Patrice Bergeron (and he isn't far off at this point).

Why are u so flabbergasted? Krieder hasn't even played a full season in the NHL yet, has 25-30g potential, yet u feel ROR is MUCH better after a 55p season after 3y in the NHL

Do u watch that many AVs games you feel comfortable stating this?

SupersonicMonkey*

"ROR" is seeking 3.5+

Kreider is cost controlled for at least 3 more years (one more full year on ELC, and two year bridge contract like Sather typically gives players after their ELC).

Rangers wouldn't trade Kreider for Nash, but they will for O'Reilly?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wouldnt trade Kreider or McDonagh for RoR.

Why are u so flabbergasted? Krieder hasn't even played a full season in the NHL yet, has 25-30g potential, yet u feel ROR is MUCH better after a 55p season after 3y in the NHL

Do u watch that many AVs games you feel comfortable stating this?

Yes, I do.

And this isn't me attacking Kreider. This is me see O'Reilly as a future 65 point, dominating 2-way center.

If you move Kreider for O'Reilly, center is set for a long time. The Rangers have young players + Nash/Callahan/Hagelin/Gaborik?/UFA's who can play and fill in on the wing.

Just my opionion but a center ice group of Richards, O'Reilly, Stepan, ______ is one of the best in the league. And Stepan and O'Reilly would be the future at 22 years old.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
"ROR" is seeking 3.5+

Kreider is cost controlled for at least 3 more years (one more full year on ELC, and two year bridge contract like Sather typically gives players after their ELC).

Rangers wouldn't trade Kreider for Nash, but they will for O'Reilly?

The Rangers wouldn't include Kreider in the PACKAGE for Nash. I am sure CLB would have preferred Kreider to Dubinsky.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
If Colorado wasn't in a rebuild phase I'd at least try to work something out with Richards for O'Reilly, yes we are a better with Brad right now but let's be honest that contract is ugly and will definitely not be any better down the road.

With Stepan, O'Reilly and Miller we'd have been set down the middle for a decade.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The biggest reason why the Rangers will likely not be trading for ROR is that Slats wouldn't be willing to pay him.

He would be a tremendous add though.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Colorado wasn't in a rebuild phase I'd at least try to work something out with Richards for O'Reilly, yes we are a better with Brad right now but let's be honest that contract is ugly and will definitely not be any better down the road.

With Stepan, O'Reilly and Miller we'd have been set down the middle for a decade.

Doesnt matter what phase Colorado is in they'd be silly to take on Richards. That contract is ugly.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The biggest reason why the Rangers will likely not be trading for ROR is that Slats wouldn't be willing to pay him.

He would be a tremendous add though.

Yeah, I don't think Slats is going to go out of his way to trade assets for a kid, and then give him a contract that isn't in line with how he operates. I think Radar is a great player, and has the potential to be a Bergeron type, but one breakout offensive season doesn't justify the money he is allegedly seeking.

I can't see the Avs dealing with us without insisting on us giving up one of Staal, McD or MDZ. No matter how off base that request is. They're counting on a team who is head over heels for the kid and see's 1st line center upside. I think he'll be an elite #2, which, if we acquired him, might leave us with 3 very good #2 C's (assuming Miller makes that kind of progression and Richie is axed or something). It works for Boston. :dunno:

Ultimately I think the Leafs will land him for something around Gunnarsson + Colborne, or maybe Gardiner + Biggs/Ashton. I think Nonis wants to be the guy to finally address the need for a big talent up the middle in Toronto.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I'd love ROR, but I wouldn't move any of our top-4 for him. I'd consider moving Kreider for him though, depending on what the + is.

For some reason I can see Hagelin being moved to. Not necessarily for RoR, just thinking out loud. Not sure why. Had the same feeling with Korpedo.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Colorado wants a roster player and a top prospect

Read more: Avs withholding captaincy from Ryan O'Reilly is one of divisive issues - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspec...taincy-from-ryan-oreilly-is-one#ixzz2KsQ3f32Y

The Avs don't really need another center in exchange for O'Reilly. They already have Stastny and Duchene. O'Reilly is the perfect compliment to those guys who are the offensive players with O'Reilly being the two way guy. Stepan isn't that type of player. The Avs need help on D. Ryan McDonagh. By all accounts,Colorado is asking for a ton. They are treating O'Reilly like an All Star player but they don't want to pay him All Star player money.

McDonagh and Kreider. McDonagh and Miller.
Lol at wanting a superstar dman for RoR who quite frankly has not proven to be a star despite Col thinking otherwise

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Lol at wanting a superstar dman for RoR who quite frankly has not proven to be a star despite Col thinking otherwise
Trading for RoR should cost no more than a 1st and 3rd. That's what it would cost if he is offer sheeted and the Avs do not match.

By the way, if RoR thought he was going to be a star, he would have signed a bridge contract by now. He wants to parlay 1 good season (out of 3) into a rich payday. And one more detail, he is holding out on his team that desperately needs forwards. His teammates are being decimated by injuries and he is still holding out, if that isn't selfish, don't know what is.

SupersonicMonkey*

Del Zotto is the only young roster player id trade for O'Reilly

Otherwise, no thanks.

Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-O'Reilly-Gaborik
Powe-Miller-Halpern

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Eminger-Gilroy

Still, Sather wouldn't pay a player that much for his 2nd contract.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

McDonagh is a superstar D-man?

Both McD and RoR are good young players with bright upsides. Neither is a star yet.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
McDonagh is a superstar D-man?

Both McD and RoR are good young players with bright upsides. Neither is a star yet.

McD is a 1st pair, top 20 league-wide, dman. He hasn't put up a ton of points, but that doesn't mean he isn't highly valued. Does that make him a star/superstar? Depends on your definition of the terms, I suppose. Regardless, we aren't in a position to trade any of our top 4 dmen. So any of their values compared to RoR is moot.

Fleury4ever

Mar 20, 2011
Washington, DC
Del Zotto is the only young roster player id trade for O'Reilly

Otherwise, no thanks.

Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-O'Reilly-Gaborik
Powe-Miller-Halpern

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Eminger-Gilroy

Still, Sather wouldn't pay a player that much for his 2nd contract.

I completely agree - and the Avs are desperately needing puck moving defensemen. I think w/ the Avs ownership Del Z + picks/prospects could have a shot at ROR and a rugged D-man as well.

In the end, I hope they give it their best offer and let the market decide, if someone else goes overboard you don't want to get in a bidding war.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If we're sending MDZ for O'Reilly, we'd better get back at least one of Barrie or Elliot. We have zero PMD options otherwise. That being said, it's still a bad idea.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Ryan McDonagh is one of the 10 best defenseman in the game right now.

Arguably one of the 5 best.

It's amazing how few people notice it. The "problem" is that we have 3 guys who are all all-stars on the back end, and if MDZ can ever get his crap together, you have 4 guys really.

we're pretty blessed on the blueline.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Seriously? People are talking about sending players like Stepan, Del Zotto and/or Hagelin to Colorado for O'REILLY?! Would we be getting Landeskog with him? We'd better be, since Landeskog was involved in almost half of O'Reilly's points last year...you know, the year where he more than doubled his previous two seasons. We have no idea what O'Reilly is going to be as a player yet. Have you forgotten Boyle's wonder season? Prucha? The list goes on and on folks. O'Reilly might repeat the feat, but until he does, last season is the aberration--not the norm. You don't judge a player's trade value on an aberration season.

There is no way Slats trades for a holdout with ONE good season under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad