Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We should grab MacIntyre and try to waive him after the season starts. Hartford could use him.

Some of the other guys would help the Whale, too. Drazenovic, Maroon for example. Leggio or Thiessen would be good since Stajcer and Missiaen are terrible.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
We should grab MacIntyre and try to waive him after the season starts. Hartford could use him.

Some of the other guys would help the Whale, too. Drazenovic, Maroon for example. Leggio or Thiessen would be good since Stajcer and Missiaen are terrible.

Leggio isn't going to be moved from the Amerks

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Don't see Slats doing anything any time soon. Would like to see McBain for Skjei/McIlrath + 3rd but I doubt it happens.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Big Mac was a Ranger and they had no use for him a point that scares me.. The Rangers had and let go Eric Boulton , Big Mac , Francis Lessard ,PJ Stock , S. Blouin , Eric Carins and tons of other NHL tough guys. Some could play others flat out sucked but this is the worst the Rangers have ever been with toughness in ths system and now we need it not to have our 1 pick and standout D/man fighting goons..

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Big Mac was a Ranger and they had no use for him a point that scares me.. The Rangers had and let go Eric Boulton , Big Mac , Francis Lessard ,PJ Stock , S. Blouin , Eric Carins and tons of other NHL tough guys. Some could play others flat out sucked but this is the worst the Rangers have ever been with toughness in ths system and now we need it not to have our 1 pick and standout D/man fighting goons..

This is the worst? Please tell me how. Because not every player fights? They plenty of big bodies who are tough. Rupp, Bickel, Boyle, and even Asham will fight if necessary. And you have guys like Pyatt, Callahan, and even Nash up front. Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal all play physical games. We don't need goons who cant skate or play the game taking space on the roster to fight once every 10 games. Getting tired of hearing about dropping the gloves.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
This is the worst? Please tell me how. Because not every player fights? They plenty of big bodies who are tough. Rupp, Bickel, Boyle, and even Asham will fight if necessary. And you have guys like Pyatt, Callahan, and even Nash up front. Mcdonagh, Girardi, Staal all play physical games. We don't need goons who cant skate or play the game taking space on the roster to fight once every 10 games. Getting tired of hearing about dropping the gloves.

I think our team is plenty tough too. We don't need to drop the gloves a lot, especially during a shortened season. Pyatt, Rupp, Asham, Bickel, Boyle will all drop them fairly willingly. Cally and Nash will if needed. All just like you said, and like you said, we're a physical team. Kreider, Stepan and Hagelin can all play physical. Even MDZ and Stralman aren't afraid to throw the body, though obviously to a lesser extent. I think we're a pretty physical team, top to bottom, with only Richards and Gaborik not being noticeably physical.

Cruxial

Nov 2, 2007

Dagoon, said "in the system." He wasn't referring to the guys that we have at the NHL level.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Thank you very much for Reading the post Cruxial.. Jesus guys season didn't start and u all jumping up on the fighting crap already? I said in system to protect younger guys

What younger guys? Who are we focusing on protecting? Do we not have Haley and McIlrath down there. Do we not have some big bodies like Jean down there? Did McIlrath not stick up for Bourque immediately about a week ago? We don't need any goons down there either. We should be focusing on getting AHL players that can play hockey so that you have players you can recall in case of injury.

And yes my post was a little harsh, but I think it was more because of another poster that always mentions fighting.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What younger guys? Who are we focusing on protecting? Do we not have Haley and McIlrath down there. Do we not have some big bodies like Jean down there? Did McIlrath not stick up for Bourque immediately about a week ago? We don't need any goons down there either. We should be focusing on getting AHL players that can play hockey so that you have players you can recall in case of injury.

And yes my post was a little harsh, but I think it was more because of another poster that always mentions fighting.

Jean is not a fighter. There are guys in the AHL who have been fighting for years. That is their job. Sometimes when they don't find someone on the other side that can keep them honest, they go a little overboard.

McIlrath can hold his own but he should not be asked to fight any goons. Haley is a good middleweight. Like Prust, he should not take on anyone the size of Boogaard or Parros.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Jean is not a fighter. There are guys in the AHL who have been fighting for years. That is their job. Sometimes when they don't find someone on the other side that can keep them honest, they go a little overboard.

McIlrath can hold his own but he should not be asked to fight any goons. Haley is a good middleweight. Like Prust, he should not take on anyone the size of Boogaard or Parros.

I wasn't saying Jean is a fighter, just that he is a bigger body. I can't imagine that the whole team is small. And judging by the way the season has gone thus far, they need serious help on defense.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com

I agree and here is my point for the PC non fighting tree hugging posters on here

McIlrath should not be playing the role of Goon.. thanks good night

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I agree and here is my point for the PC non fighting tree hugging posters on here

McIlrath should not be playing the role of Goon.. thanks good night

It's not a matter of being PC. It's just you seem to think fighting is more important than scoring, defense, and goaltending. Fighting is probably the least important part of the game.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

And wouldnt you know it, the Rangers have their best team in close to 20 years....

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's not a matter of being PC. It's just you seem to think fighting is more important than scoring, defense, and goaltending. Fighting is probably the least important part of the game.

The point of the game is to score more than the other team. That's not going to change. Thats a fact. Another fact is that self-policing is still a part of the game so teams should build for that as well.

I don't like having to carry a "goon" but I understand the necessity for it. It's like paying for insurance.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The point of the game is to score more than the other team. That's not going to change. Thats a fact. Another fact is that self-policing is still a part of the game so teams should build for that as well.

I don't like having to carry a "goon" but I understand the necessity for it. It's like paying for insurance.

Give me a team that doesn't fight but can score and defend over the other way around any day of the week. How much does the most successful team in the league for over 20 years fight? They didn't fall apart.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I wouldn't mind seeing D-Vo back with the Rangers. It would be amazing if he had half the legs he did like 10 years ago.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Goons are near extinction, thank goodness. Their presence and lack of skill dilutes the game.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Give me a team that doesn't fight but can score and defend over the other way around any day of the week. How much does the most successful team in the league for over 20 years fight? They didn't fall apart.

I get that. The Rangers as an organization are not built like the Wings. And even they decided to bring in Bertuzzi and Tootoo over the past few years. Before that they had McCarty and Shanahan.

I understand the point you are trying to make but will you sing the same tune if McIlrath gets hurt having to fight a goon who cheap shotted Christian Thomas? The Rangers decided not to carry a tough guy for a while. Then they got pushed around and brought up Orr. Since then they have pretty much consistently had a heavy dressed. Most teams do the same.

The Sabres have tried for years to just look the other way and kill the other team on the PP. They have been getting steamrolled by the Bruins for a,few years and decided to bring in Scott and Ott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad