Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Plenty of ancient, cagey forwards out there if we need someone.

Daymond Langkow
Jason Blake
Jason Arnott
Marco Sturm (blech)
Andrew Brunette
Radek Dvorak
Jay Pandolfo (blech)
Brendan Morrison
Matt Bradley (blech)
Petr Sykora

In limited roles, I'm fine with any of those guys not noted with a blech.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Really would only want Sykora, maybe Dvorak. Sykora can actually play top-six if there's injuries. I wouldn't mind trading picks and B/C prospects for a depth forward either to get someone with a weeeee bit more gas in the tank.

Overall, I'm ready for the activity to pick up. Let's get some unexpected trades going or something... come on! (not from us, just NHL overall).

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Really would only want Sykora, maybe Dvorak. Sykora can actually play top-six if there's injuries. I wouldn't mind trading picks and B/C prospects for a depth forward either to get someone with a weeeee bit more gas in the tank.

Overall, I'm ready for the activity to pick up. Let's get some unexpected trades going or something... come on! (not from us, just NHL overall).

Can't see how Sykora fits in this lineup. Don't see him in the top 6 or being cented by Boyle on the third line.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

To get Westgarth, CAR traded Anthony Stewart, its 2013 fourth-round draft pick and a sixth-round selection in the 2014 draft to the Kings.

I'm not sure I understand this deal from the Canes point of view.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Although none really entice me, surprised there's so many UFAs still floating around. Expected them to be gobbled up as depth signings before camps opened. I guess Western Conference camps haven't opened yet, but still surprising that Sykora, etc. haven't signed contracts already this morning.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I think some of those guys are just done though. Don't expect to see them back in the NHL. Still... I was expecting more of a rush now that the season is really underway with camps. What was the rumors that GMs had all these deals done they were just sitting on until the CBA was official?

In other words, trade Luongo already!! lol

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Canes GM said the other day that they were likely going to trade some NHL bodies to clear space for some kids in the AHL.

But all the Canes fans are saying Westgarth is a big body that they wanted for the fourth line, so this did not do that. And even if they wanted to clear out bodies to make space for kids, why overpay like this? Why not just waive Stewart who has one year left at 900k?

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
The only reason I could see for the Canes making that move was to keep from Gleason and Harrison from having to drop the gloves. Otherwise, it's a dumb move.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The only reason I could see for the Canes making that move was to keep from Gleason and Harrison from having to drop the gloves. Otherwise, it's a dumb move.

checked Stewarts contract and he only makes 900 K so yep dumb move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad