Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part VI: Do Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Of course, I would love to have Bollig here.

I think the point is that NYR could be served in some cases by giving kids a real shot at the lineup. Lindberg and Miller can fight for a center position next season.

Cant Fix Stupid

Jan 28, 2013
Wouldn't do either as the Rangers. Hagelin is an important player for this team. Sure, he's not an offensive superstar, but you need players like him as much as you need guys like Hanzal. Sacrificing one for the other is pointless, especially when Lindberg should be able to fill that 3C role sooner rather than later.

Spezza's body is giving up on him. His back is about ready to implode. There's a reason Sens fans want to get rid of him, and it's not because they're being generous.
So you are saying nobody in the system could replace Hags yet we can't win a faceoff to save our lives and then you have 3 guys winning at better than a 53% clip. Puck control is part of AV's game. Sure Hags has great speed, so does Kreider, but he isn't a playmaker or puck carrier. Hanzal will take the body, Hags is a figure skater.

We can wait all day for talent to develop but we have an elite goalie and 2 elite dmen now. If you added Spezza to Nash, a soon to be amnestied next season Richards (having a resurgent season) for an underacheiving C and Dman and a kid who doesn't seem to be able to crack the line up. And you are only tied to Spezza thru 2014-15. It is a gamble but it isn't like he is signed for 6 more years or anything and what did we really give up.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Of course, I would love to have Bollig here.

I think the point is that NYR could be served in some cases by giving kids a real shot at the lineup. Lindberg and Miller can fight for a center position next season.

Agreed. I am honestly surprised that NONE of the kids got a full-time spot already this year. They seem to want Miller to take this opportunity right now but outside of him, who else? Fast had a good first few games although he was playing with crap players.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Grabovski is not good defensively. If he was, he would be a 1b. He is not.

Grabovksi is 30. Stepan is 23. Your just picking the stats that support your argument.

Grabo is 29. You conveniently rounded up to 30, yet I'm the one picking numbers to support my argument?

And the bolded is simply not true. He played a shutdown role in Toronto under Carlysle. However that's not his strength obviously and Stepan is certainly better defensively.

Kreider-Graboski-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-Zuccarello
Fast-Miller-Kristo
Beach-Boyle-Dorsett

This is assuming we don't resign our UFAs and buy out Richards (I stole Fitzy's line up from a few posts up). I would be much happier with Grabovski/Stepan as the 1-2 punch down the middle.

Signing Grabo makes Brassard expendable. Trade him for help on defense or on the wing. Trade Girardi and Callahan for the same. That should be the direction this team goes in, IMO

Cant Fix Stupid

Jan 28, 2013
I'd still trade Brassard and Del Zotto and look for an upgrade at #2C. Sign a vet 3rd pairing RD and roll with that. Hrivik should also push for a spot.

Boyle should be gone as well. He creates nothing.

On a sidenote, I'd love for the Rangers to sign Reaves or Bollig.

That still assumes Step is a 1C and I am not sure I buy it

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So you are saying nobody in the system could replace Hags yet we can't win a faceoff to save our lives and then you have 3 guys winning at better than a 53% clip. Puck control is part of AV's game. Sure Hags has great speed, so does Kreider, but he isn't a playmaker or puck carrier. Hanzal will take the body, Hags is a figure skater.

We can wait all day for talent to develop but we have an elite goalie and 2 elite dmen now. If you added Spezza to Nash, a soon to be amnestied next season Richards (having a resurgent season) for an underacheiving C and Dman and a kid who doesn't seem to be able to crack the line up. And you are only tied to Spezza thru 2014-15. It is a gamble but it isn't like he is signed for 6 more years or anything and what did we really give up.

I think Hagelin is the player they should keep. Kreider, Stepan, Zuccarello, Nash. Those guys are keepers.

Lindberg is coming up, he is dominating in the dot.

They need another skilled speedster. Do they want to play up-temp? If they do, they need more speed guys, not less.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I think Hagelin is the player they should keep. Kreider, Stepan, Zuccarello, Nash. Those guys are keepers.

They need another skilled speedster. Do they want to play up-temp? If they do, they need more speed guys, not less.

Lindberg is a ways away. He is nowhere close to being as good as Miller on the wolfpack.

Whoever said Hrivik is wishful thinking. Hrivik doesn't stand out in the least.

Fast may have some ability, but who knows how he recovers from his injury.

As for Zucc, his value is probably at its highest right now. If they want more speed or size, now is the time to move him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I would offer Stastny 4 years at 5 mil per, nothing beyond that. He and Stepan are very, very similar.

Agreed. Not "the worst" pickup but I'd be very wary of anything more than that.

Again the inability to develop offensive centers is a huge issue for this team. Center depth is so important. And if you can't develop it you wind up with the Richards', Weiss', Grabo's, etc of the league.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Grabo is 29. You conveniently rounded up to 30, yet I'm the one picking numbers to support my argument?

And the bolded is simply not true. He played a shutdown role in Toronto under Carlysle. However that's not his strength obviously and Stepan is certainly better defensively.

Kreider-Graboski-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-Zuccarello
Fast-Miller-Kristo
Beach-Boyle-Dorsett

This is assuming we don't resign our UFAs and buy out Richards (I stole Fitzy's line up from a few posts up). I would be much happier with Grabovski/Stepan as the 1-2 punch down the middle.

Signing Grabo makes Brassard expendable. Trade him for help on defense or on the wing. Trade Girardi and Callahan for the same. That should be the direction this team goes in, IMO

How old will Grabovski be when he hits UFA?

Grabvoski as the #1c makes me want to vomit.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Agreed. Not "the worst" pickup but I'd be very wary of anything more than that.

Again the inability to develop offensive centers is a huge issue for this team. Center depth is so important. And if you can't develop it you wind up with the Richards', Weiss', Grabo's, etc of the league.

It's not really a development thing. They haven't spent much for resources on centers. Miller is about it. And they don't even play Miller at center

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Lindberg is a ways away. He is nowhere close to being as good as Miller on the wolfpack.

Whoever said Hrivik is wishful thinking. Hrivik doesn't stand out in the least.

Fast may have some ability, but who knows how he recovers from his injury.

As for Zucc, his value is probably at its highest right now. If they want more speed or size, now is the time to move him.

Lindberg isn't a ways away from being a 3c in the NHL. Defensively he is good enough already.

Hrivik is a big and strong along the boards. He PK's, he has pretty good hockey sense.

Zuccarello is one of the only players who can actually make a creative play with the puck. Why move him? He is a RFA

Cant Fix Stupid

Jan 28, 2013

It is speed and possession in the system. Zucc a keeper, really? If there was a list of those most likely to be replced by our young minor league talent he might top the list. Nash, Kreider, Step is pretty much it in my book. If Cally gets a raise past where he is now he should be out the door. He is a nice player but not a $5+ player. He is third line scoring depth grinder. Before Step gets paid again we need to see 70+ points in order for him to be in that $5.5-6.5 range.

Puckface NYR*

Don't go near Statsny. Inconsistent like every other big name FA we bring in here. Buying out Richards to add in Statsny is about the dumbest thing i can think of to spend the money on.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Lindberg isn't a ways away from being a 3c in the NHL. Defensively he is good enough already.

Hrivik is a big and strong along the boards. He PK's, he has pretty good hockey sense.

Zuccarello is one of the only players who can actually make a creative play with the puck. Why move him? He is a RFA

If Lindberg is "ready to be a 3c" then miller is already a 2c.

Hrivik doesn't stand out in the least in Hartford. Average skater, doesn't get open, doesn't shoot particularly well.

I don't know why this place loves believing that any prospects they have are already fully capable of being nhl players. They aren't.

Hrivik unless he develops massively soon is not an nhl player.

Lindberg is a decent ahl player right now. He is not a top 9 nhl player at all.

And like I said with Zucc, his value is at it's highest now.

Punxrocknyc19*

Islanders put Pierre-Marc Bouchard on waivers.

is he worth a claim?? cant be worse than Pouliot and Pyatt... Bouchard makes 2 mil. Pyatt and Pouliot combind make more than that..

Bouchard would add a little more scoring... at 2.0 their are worse options around the NHL.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
If yo have a proposition which lands us a #1 center, then I'd be glad to hear it.

Two 2C's is better than what a lot of the league has.

I would agree that 2Cs is the best they can do.

Not sure about Stastny though.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Absolute no to Stastny. No, no no. He's a left handed Stepan.

We need an OFFENSIVE upgrade on Stepan. Stastny does not provide that and who knows what he commands as a UFA.

Grabovski has undeniable offensive ability. I guess no one was watching the game last night when he ripped it top shelf over the shoulder of our $60 million dollar goalie

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Fair. I don't watch many PHX games. I know Rundblad beasted the preseason, and has had trouble getting minutes since - which I suppose is for the reasons you posted. He's still a good offensive-minded RHD. And young. It's exactly what the Rangers need.

I agree that we need that kind of player, I'm just not sure Rundblad is that guy. If he could be had for cheap, I might take a flyer on him, but I doubt that would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad