Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Agree for sure, but McI has been mentioned before in rumors and Dreger wrote:
"NYR rumored in deals on daily basis. Defenceman Dylan McIlrath has earned a chance given his play in AHL. Perhaps, a trade isn’t necessary?â€

Ie, the report was hardly that McI has been offered around.

If you get Gudbranson for McIlrath, you egt some of that size and strength back.

That is the million dollar question. How good is Gudbranson really? Would FLA be selling at the right time as with Luke Schenn or do you get a player that is for real but just needs more support. Gudbranson definitely got more potential to become a top pairing of top 4 D than McI. He we risk loosing our top 2 RDs this season, Gudbranson would make more sense.

IE, I don't worry about giving up MDZ and McI in the same deal, as much as I would worry about Gudbranson being the real deal.

You believe Dreger was mentioning McIlrath as a trade possibility?

Which rumors has McIlrath been mentioned in? Besides Rick Nash. Which ones?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Dreger's source seems to be pretty good.

Why is McIlrath being discussed? That suprises me alot. I am pretty sure that Slats aren't calling around offering him to teams. That leaves two options: 1. There are a few teams out there that really wants him. 2. There is a specific sitaution out there that warrants Slats to put McIlrath on the table.

With the mess in Florida, could Slats have set his sights on Erik Gudbranson? FLA would "never" move him, but if a young kid wants to destroy his career FLA is the place to be. One PO the last 13 years. Gudbranson should be rockin in the NHL and moving on with his career, instead he is aiming at some sort of minus record for a young player. He is minus 52 his last 127 games with 16 pts to show for it. He struggled late in his junior career, and has gone on to have 4 horrible first NHL seasons. He is definitely flying under the radar for a 3rd round pick, had he played in a big market people would really be scrutinizing his play up to date. The first couple of seasons were OK when there were no pressure, after that there has been zero progress.

My thinking is just this. I don't see Slats moving McIlrath unless something that is coming back really motivates it. Erik Gudbranson coming back would motivate it. From FLA point of view, Campbell and Jovo are becoming UFA's. After those two, Gudbranson and Kulikov are next in line. 1-2 punch. They've missed the PO's forever, destroyed every kid they pick up because a bad atmosphere in the locker-room and a looser team on the ice. Gudbranson got a really strong right handed shot. That's something we could use. Gudbranson got potential to become a horse on the right side, and I am fairly certain he would develop alot better on a good team as opposed to Florida.

Del Zotto and McIlrath for Gudbranson makes some sense for both sides.

Ola...

Gudbranson is going to enter bust territory soon. The kid has looked less than stellar by a wide margin. Him playing on a bad florida team means nothing. Remember, J Bo. once played for the same florida organization and was still able to be a bright spot despite the level of suckitude that team has. Gudbranson... no to so much. If you take all the brain farts Del Zotto has in a season, combine them for one massive brain fart, Gudbranson is good for one of those every 4-5 games.

If you give up Del Zotto and McIlrath for him you are doing it for two reasons (neither of which make sense to me). 1. Because of his draft position. As it stands right now, Fowler should have gone 3rd overall and Gudbranson should have gone 11th overall. Gudbranson has just not been good however, neither has the coaching in FL which makes me wonder if a change of teams would mean a change of play. Even if that is the case, you are paying through the nose for his draft position and not what he currently is... struggling his ass off.

2. He is a righty. If we are giving up those two defenseman (one we have been carefully grooming for the better part of 3 years), I want more than a struggling former top prospect. I really thought Gudbranson would be doing much better. His point totals aren't concerning to me because he was never really a big point producer in his younger years either. It is his overall play.

I wouldn't be against a trade for him. Just not for both of them we have too much to lose if Gudbranson can't find his game.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
On TSN 1050 this morning, Darren Dreger said that the Maple Leafs and Rangers had discussions that included Michael Del Zotto and the name Toronto defenseman Jake Gardiner came up.

Dreger said that Toronto isn’t ready to move Gardiner, 23, and that Dave Nonis and the Leafs “aren’t ready to push Gardiner out. They still see the upside.”

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/b...fs/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

McDonagh and Gardiner.

Carlyle doesn't love Gardiner.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Is he capable of playing with McDonagh on the first pairing now?

McDonagh-Gardiner
Staal-Girardi
Moore-Stralman

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You believe Dreger was mentioning McIlrath as a trade possibility?

Which rumors has McIlrath been mentioned in? Besides Rick Nash. Which ones?

Hehe, don't you go asking me about this. I suspect you got gigabytes of articles on your hard-drive or access to some kind of archive bank for newspapers... ;)

Seriously though, wasn't it rumored that McI was being offered around either earlier this fall or in the spring? I do remember hearing something. I am not gonna rule out that I am mixing it up with the Kreider-rumors that we started to hear some time back, but who knows...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Ola...

Gudbranson is going to enter bust territory soon.

Gardner, I just don't know. I am just speculating. I don't claim to have a good view of Gudbranson, I've seen him sporadically over the last seasons. I was impressed with him his rookie year. Big and talented. A mean streak. Good shot. He got that 6'4 reach that can help a player get his shot through. There is not many D's in this league with that potential. That is what I am basing my post on more than anything else.

After that, all I know is that he has not taken another step. But on the other hand, the kid is a year younger than Kreider and still as young as McIlrath. I mean, Kreider had not even played in the NHL when he was the same age as Gudbranson today. How much of a bust can he be already? The talent is there.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Gudbranson has been terrible for the Panthers. Moving an established player and solid prospect for him would be a mistake.

Gardiner would be a good get for us.

Punxrocknyc19*

it would not shock me if Klesla gets claimed by the Rangers then Del Zotto traded for a forward.. any chance of this happening???

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
it would not shock me if Klesla gets claimed by the Rangers then Del Zotto traded for a forward.. any chance of this happening???

Ottawa, Edmonton, or the Islanders will put in a claim before the Rangers have a chance, IMO.

Punxrocknyc19*

Ottawa, Edmonton, or the Islanders will put in a claim before the Rangers have a chance, IMO.

a lot of people pass through waivers without being claimed?? how is their contract roster limit on those teams?? if they dont claim Klesla maybe that will be one of the reasons.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
a lot of people pass through waivers without being claimed?? how is their contract roster limit on those teams?? if they dont claim Klesla maybe that will be one of the reasons.

This isn't just a usual waive. Unless it's something unforseen he is probably getting claimed.

Punxrocknyc19*

This isn't just a usual waive. Unless it's something unforseen he is probably getting claimed.

maybe the Coyotes are trying to trade for Del Zotto.. one can hope but seriously maybe the Yotes are going to make a trade..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad