Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part V: Zib-a-dabba-do

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersHank*

Our bottom is 6 is the best it's been in years. Pouliot sucks. Well Brassard is inconsistent as **** but he's a good, (not great) 3rd line center. He had a lot of jump yesterday. The guy is inconsistent, but how many 3rd line centers have playoffs like Brassard had last year? One of Cally, Hags, or Zucc will play on the 3rd line with Nash in the lineup, seems fine to me. Boyle-Moore-Dorsett are all in proper 4th line roles. This is the first time since I've been watching that all 3 players on our 4th lines should be in the NHL. I'm sure most NHL teams don't have that. We have a lot of good players on offense, one (maybe) great player and I think that's the problem. Not our bottom 6 sucking. Oh and Ryan Carter got a soft goal and a puck off his skate, he didn't roast anyone. Thornton's goal was the D's fault. Not sure about Paille.

Our bottom 6 can be alot better imo. The entire team needs balance and some scoring punch on each line

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Thanks for the responses, offer removed.

Or should I perhaps write a few pages on how you're wrong, that Cowen is a future star, he's exactly what you need, and you'd be lucky to have him?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Or should I perhaps write a few pages on how you're wrong, that Cowen is a future star, he's exactly what you need, and you'd be lucky to have him?
What just happened here?

RangersHank*

Is Ottawa even willing to trade Zib and Puempel? I actually like a Tampa Bay deal involving Connolly

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Is Ottawa even willing to trade Zib and Puempel? I actually like a Tampa Bay deal involving Connolly

I like Connolly as well.

For Del Zotto? I have a guess...

Yes.

Simply mocking the type of poster who desperately wants to get rid of a player, yet makes post after post about how good such player is.

Would Zibanejad be available? How is the cupboard behind him? Do the Sens feel Spezza and Ryan are good building blocks moving forward and that they need to solidify their defense first?

RangersHank*

MDZ and a 2nd rounder for Connolly and Dotchin from Tampa Bay?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Why does everyone want Puempel? Serious question.

So how about Lane MacDermid? I'd take him. Young, tough, can skate and hit, LWer. $660k.

I prefer Zib, but Ottawa will be very reluctant to trade him away. Del Zotto is worth more than most Ranger fans might think. However, we might have to add a mid-round pick to the deal I proposed to get Zib in the deal as well.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Then why are you trading him if he is a surefire star? The Rangers have McDonagh and Staal. They need forward help.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Then why are you trading him if he is a surefire star? The Rangers have McDonagh and Staal. They need forward help.

Have to give to get? MDZ isn't chopped liver, even though many here seem to think he is.

The same happened with Anisimov, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Tyutin, Girardi, etc, etc.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Simply mocking the type of poster who desperately wants to get rid of a player, yet makes post after post about how good such player is.
So you do want to trade Cowen for Del Zotto +, but are just mocking Ranger fans and their treatment of Del Zotto?

I think most of the 'no' answers came because the Rangers already have McDonagh and Staal on the left side. But I'm intrigued, regardless.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Would Zibanejad be available? How is the cupboard behind him? Do the Sens feel Spezza and Ryan are good building blocks moving forward and that they need to solidify their defense first?

The sens refused to include Zibanejad in a deal for Ryan, so that should tell you how much they value him. Personally, I think he's expendable for the right deal. Let me ask you this:

Zibanejad, Wiercioch

For

Del Zotto, +

What's the best + you'd be willing to offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad