Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Craig Custance tried to match up teams with players

Ottawa Senators: Puck-moving defenseman

The Rangers are willing to move Michael Del Zotto, and LeBrun reports that the Senators would certainly be interested, although they're not alone. According to LeBrun, four or five teams have called on Del Zotto. Del Zotto has been a healthy scratch for the Rangers, which isn't exactly the strategy for driving up his trade value, but the simple lack of available defensemen could be enough to drive Del Zotto's price up.

Like many teams, the Senators are a budget team, so any deal with the Rangers would likely have to include salary going back to offset the $2.55 million Del Zotto earns. That makes a trade even more challenging.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/craig-custance/post/_/id/555/matching-team-needs-with-trade-options

Its $2.55M. Not $5.2M.

Darren Dreger said at least 5 or 6 teams. LeBrun didn't mention the number of teams.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Can't wait until someone from the ottowa sun says something about an immenant trade, all hells going to break loose and the next trade thread is going to say zib zib zib zib

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Some Sens fans seem to think Greening is enough to land Del Zotto. Yikes.

Outside of Ceci, Lazar and Zibanejad, there isn't much from Ottawa that interests me, and only one of them helps us in the short term.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Outside of Ceci, Lazar and Zibanejad, there isn't much from Ottawa that interests me, and only one of them helps us in the short term.

Agreed.

Greening is not going to get it done. I like Smith as well but he shouldn't be a major piece.

Punxrocknyc19*

MacDermid on waivers. Would he fit as a solid #13 forward who can dress in games where needed? Still young, can skate and hit. LW.

for some reason this has Islanders on it..

i hope i am wrong..

Sather claimed Orr from waivers so maybe he goes this direction again.. id claim MacDermid and waive Mashinter

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
for some reason this has Islanders on it..

i hope i am wrong..

Sather claimed Orr from waivers so maybe he goes this direction again.. id claim MacDermid and waive Mashinter

Mashinter doesn't require waivers. Just keep him in the AHL and let him play there. MacDermid could stay on as the Rangers 13th forward. With everyone healthy, waive Pyatt or Pouliot. Redundant pieces.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Is the only one that really interests me. I think he will be a solid 20-25G scorer in his prime. That would be nice to have.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I'd definitely be interested in Greening as part of a package.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd definitely be interested in Greening as part of a package.

He makes 2.65 million for 3 years after this one. He already signed an extension. 3 points in 21 games. Boyle has 5 in 20. Why?

I know he is big and physical but what does he bring that this team already doesn't have?

He's also 27.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The reason behind trading Del Zotto should be to acquire a legit secondary scorer, preferably one who can shoot the puck. A player Like Greening is not needed at all, really. We already have bottom 6ers that put up meager point totals.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The reason behind trading Del Zotto should be to acquire a legit secondary scorer, preferably one who can shoot the puck. A player Like Greening is not needed at all, really. We already have bottom 6ers that put up meager point totals.

Exactly. And the player should be able to grow with the team. Not someone who will be around for a year or 2.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

No, the reason is because we need to make the team better. Greening is cheap, and despite how bad he's been, would be an upgrade over guys like Pouliot who really serve no purpose.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Definitely interested in Ceci. 19 year old rhd with good size who is scoring at almost a point per game clip in the ahl. Yes, please.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
No, the reason is because we need to make the team better. Greening is cheap, and despite how bad he's been, would be an upgrade over guys like Pouliot who really serve no purpose.

3 points in 21 games. He his not good offensively. Why acquire a 2.65 million dollar Brian Boyle?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Really? Moore has been terrible, at least IMO. He gives the puck away in his own end more often than not, and he made a terrible play on the Thornton goal that let him walk in and snipe away.

Moore backed in too much, but the play started with Falk's gaffe in the offensive zone. The puck came out to the point and Falk neither went for the puck, nor backed up to defend. He let Thornton go right by him. He's got to make a decision there one way or another.

Punxrocknyc19*

Clearly laying the groundwork for him to be scratched again after they showcase him in front of the Stars brass.

Hellloooooooooo Alex Chiasson! :naughty:

id love Chiasson but i doubt they would move him...

i also would not mind Brenden Dillon although another LH defenseman.

one of the following that must be included in the Del Zotto trade if he goes to the Stars is Radek Faksa... big fan of him... Brett Richie, Jamie Oleksiak

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
3 points in 21 games. He his not good offensively. Why acquire a 2.65 million dollar Brian Boyle?
Yeah, if we're looking strictly at this year's production, he's been bad. Del Zotto has 4 points in 16 games, so what should we expect?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Agreed.

Our bottom 6 is so bad, and has been for a while, that people seem just pre-disposed to the status quo.

Have they not noticed Ryan Carter, Shawn Thornton, and Danny Paille roasting us in recent games? A good team has good forwards 1-12, we could use help everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad