Speculation: Trade Rumors & Roster Building Thread: Part XXVI: Halloween Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What is this based on if I may ask?

Based on the fact that Zucc is a 60 point player and is on a great contract while Trouba has been forced to play his offside because he is behind both Buff and Myers on the depth chart.

If I had said back in June that Brassard had more value than Zibanejad, I'm sure you would have been equally incredulous, but look how it turn out.

The point is, there's no way we should be added both a 1st and 2nd round pick to Zucc for Trouba. That's way too much.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
So if that's the case, and Winnipeg takes this down to the wire, we are looking at almost a 7M cap hit for Trouba on a 5.5M contract this season. That's not feasible I don't think.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Trouba's cap hit will be higher this season in a long term contract. The cap penalizes teams for failing to sign their group 2's by December 1. The acquiring team for Trouba will take the penalty. McKenzie broke down the Lindholm cap hits. The Rangers will need to come up with more than $5.4M to cap space for this season. They have about $2.8M in space. McKenzie said $30K per day is the cap penalty for a $5.5M cap hit.

To me, acquiring team should have to pay a little less to acquire Trouba to compensate for that.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Zucc, while awesome, is 29 yrs old and, a 3rd line winger when everybody is healthy.

Trouba is 22yrs old, and would instantly be our #1 RD

I disagree with your assesment of Trouba, I think he is much more than just potential.

Uh, that's not true. Just because AV likes certain combinations doesn't mean Zucc is a 3rd line player. He's a top 3 winger on this roster, along with Kreider and Nash. He's probably #1 to be honest. Zucc -> Nash -> Kreider

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Zucc, while awesome, is 29 yrs old and, a 3rd line winger when everybody is healthy.

Trouba is 22yrs old, and would instantly be our #1 RD

I disagree with your assesment of Trouba, I think he is much more than just potential.

3rd line winger? How many 3rd line wingers put up 60 points?

Trouba is good defensively, but has yet to break out offensively. Yes, he would be our 1RD most likely, but that's more of an indictment of our existing RH dmen.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If you want Buchnevich on the top line (which I actually don't agree with but most people here do) you're looking at Zucc as a third liner right now. A spot really that could be taken by Pirri or Fast (cringe) without us missing a beat.

He's the guy to move. for sure.

I think Nash ends up in Las Vegas next year. They're going to need a name to sell he's going to have one year left on his deal. They've got to get to the Cap floor. That's a no brainer pick up in expansion. What do we get? Almost 8 mil in cap space. Good deal for both clubs.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Winnipegs is not interested in Zuci due to age, jebuz.. They don`t give away rights for a 22 elite talent for a 29.
And it`s borderline fantasy suggestion, guys.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
3rd line winger? How many 3rd line wingers put up 60 points?

Trouba is good defensively, but has yet to break out offensively. Yes, he would be our 1RD most likely, but that's more of an indictment of our existing RH dmen.

I meant third line winger in the most literal sense of the word, as in he plays on our third best forward line when everybody is healthy

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Winnipegs is not interested in Zuci due to age, jebuz.. They don`t give away rights for a 22 elite talent for a 29.

Ottawa literally just did it. Happens all the time. And Zucc wouldn't be the only piece as previously mentioned. Most include our top D prospect in lefty Brady skjei already an nhler.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

if he was an elite talent, he wouldnt be their 3rd pairing defenseman. hes got all-star upside, but right now, as it stands, hes a 2nd pairing defenseman on a team with good depth, and a first pairing defenseman on a team with crap depth (us).

Zucc was our teams leading scorer last year. A team that finished with 100+ points and has guys like Brassard, Stepan, Nash, Kreider, etc.

He's not some schlub.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Uh, that's not true. Just because AV likes certain combinations doesn't mean Zucc is a 3rd line player. He's a top 3 winger on this roster, along with Kreider and Nash. He's probably #1 to be honest. Zucc -> Nash -> Kreider

I didn't mean it as a slight to Zucc. Just that with our current combinations, I think we can expect to see him on the 3rd line:

Vesey - Step - Nash
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Miller - Hayes - Zucc

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think it's more that Winnipeg has 10,000 wingers

If you want Buchnevich on the top line (which I actually don't agree with but most people here do) you're looking at Zucc as a third liner right now. A spot really that could be taken by Pirri or Fast (cringe) without us missing a beat.

I think Nash ends up in Las Vegas next year. They're going to need a name to sell he's going to have one year left on his deal. They've got to get to the Cap floor. That's a no brainer pick up in expansion. What do we get? Almost 8 mil in cap space. Good deal for both clubs.
Without missing a beat? Zuccarello would be a huge loss.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ottawa literally just did it. Happens all the time. And Zucc wouldn't be the only piece as previously mentioned. Most include our top D prospect in lefty Brady skjei already an nhler.

It doesn`t happen often in NHL even that Ottawa somehow agreed to that deal.
And D. Brassard has more value as center as well, and he is from Canada and speak fluid french. I think the circumstances of that deal is somewhat unique - just saying Zuci for Trouba won`t happen.

I`m not saying that Zuci won`t be moved for another piece or just buisness part of hockey in the future, but I just don`t see it happening at Winnipegs.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

You actually believe that Pirri or Fast could replace Zuccarello? Without a hitch? You can't be serious.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Lol @ is 29 years old.

So he's got about 3 or 4 prime years left. Started his NHL career late too.

But he's too old. Get rid of him because our other forwards are so old!

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think it's more that Winnipeg has 10,000 wingers

they have 10 million wingers, 10 million defenseman, and they suck.

maybe its that their 10 million players all suck and they need improvements?

they have 3 wingers with 3 points or more...we have 7.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I didn't mean it as a slight to Zucc. Just that with our current combinations, I think we can expect to see him on the 3rd line:

Vesey - Step - Nash
Kreider - Zib - Buch
Miller - Hayes - Zucc

Big fan of this...

26-21-61 Is really coming together. Vesey and Stepan had decent chemistry but Nash was playing like the Rick Nash of old with them.

20-93-89 Out of the gate was like a herd of stampeding buffalo! Buch as the playmaker here opens up lots of opportunity. These guy will be very tough to contain.

10-13-36 I question Miller and Hayes together. I didn't think they were on the same page. Both players had showed signs in their own way but as a unit I don't see them cohesive. Maybe Zucc creates identity for this line?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
they have 10 million wingers, 10 million defenseman, and they suck.

maybe its that their 10 million players all suck and they need improvements?

they have 3 wingers with 3 points or more...we have 7.
Well they're kids, maybe they don't all pan out but it's still a strength within their organization. I don't understand why everyone is so adamant about their wing depth.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
You actually believe that Pirri or Fast could replace Zuccarello? Without a hitch? You can't be serious.

Lets just say its Zucc for Trouba.

Kreider - Zibenajad - Buchnevich
Vesey - Stepan - Nash
Miller - Hayes - Pirri
Fasth - Lindberg - Grabner

you're telling me thats such a monumental step back that you wouldnt make that trade?

the issue becomes when injuries occur.

im not convinced the rangers can absorb many of them.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

Yes I do

We are scoring like crazy we can afford to move him especially for a righty D we can play on the PP

We've continued to score like crazy with kreider out with Buch out. See no reason we wouldn't with Zucc gone especially if like people want KZB together and 262161 together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad