Speculation: Trade Rumors & Roster Building Thread: Part XXIV "Ghouls, Goblins & Gorton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'm going out on a limb and say that if Gorton's plan is to acquire both Trouba and Vatanen, he's got a plan to make sure both are protected in the expansion draft.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
as far as i can tell theres only 3 ways to get rid of DG.

1)A GM gets incredibly desperate and DG agrees to waive his NMC for a fresh start with another team who will take him off our hands for basically nothing.

2)We have a trade lined up where its DG + a high draft pick for a low draft pick to a cap strapped team...DG is insulted, but agrees to waive since its clear we want him gone.

3)DG agrees to waive for Las Vegas and is claimed miraculously.

basically, slim to none...but a guy can pray.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don't think that's the plan

Prob plan is to acquire one of them and if they really feel they want a second top righty guy they'll sign shattenkirk this summer.

You'd be talking 11 12 mil between them though that's no joke. Not sure where that money comes from. Especially if forced to buy out Girardi.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm going out on a limb and say that if Gorton's plan is to acquire both Trouba and Vatanen, he's got a plan to make sure both are protected in the expansion draft.

People don't seem to understand this. If we're acquiring even just one of them, they have a plan for one of Girardi/Staal come expansion.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

well the issue would be the other guys...they can only protect 3D right? Staal and Girardi have NMCs...they'd need to waive. McD is the captain and our franchise defenseman, cant lose him.

tough.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't think that's the plan

Prob plan is to acquire one of them and if they really feel they want a second top righty guy they'll sign shattenkirk this summer.

You'd be talking 11 12 mil between them though that's no joke. Not sure where that money comes from. Especially if forced to buy out Girardi.

use the time machine from Timeless and stop Sather from giving DG and Staal those contracts?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm still a big Marc Staal fan

Guy played hurt last year its obvious. Looks great right now IMO

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Value for the current team and overall trade value IMO are two different animals.

I really like what Miller is doing this season. Looks like he elevated his game to me. He seems to be more physical, and more confident in his role. Granted its early, but with each game he is creating scoring chances and has been noticeable. I think his role is super important this year. Physical player who can grind it out and provide some offense from the 3rd line.

Not sure how Silfverberg would fit in here? Would he be a good linemate with Hayes?

If Miller was traded for Silfverberg I wouldn't be a happy camper. Ducks win this deal.

If Miller was traded for Silfverberg and Montour that's a whole different ball game. Rangers win this deal from a position of strength.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
well the issue would be the other guys...they can only protect 3D right? Staal and Girardi have NMCs...they'd need to waive. McD is the captain and our franchise defenseman, cant lose him.

tough.

But people are acting like Gorton isn't aware of such things.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
:handclap:

That is good.

Fowler. Vatanen is a better defenseman by a mile. Fowler is one of the most overrated defenseman in the NHL.

possibly.

vatanen or trouba would be a great add, but id obviously prefer trouba.

vatanen may be had because of how much of a jam anaheim is in.

Agreed, but the cost of Trouba is probably going to be Miller + Skeji vs just Miller for Vatanen. I'd prefer Vatanen + Skeji to Trouba.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
"Damn near ready to make the jump" does nothing for us.

We don't need a third pairing righty D we have 4 of those. We need a top righty D

Not giving miller away for an older more expensive less productive winger so we can get a prospect back no way.

We dealt for Zibanejad because although 23 years old still put up 50 pts and has been in the league on verge of breakout season not breaking into the league. Otherwise brassard would still be here. We weren't dealing him for a prospect

Don't be ridiculous. Of course it does something for us. It gives us a cost-controlled defender who can potentially run the PP and play the 2nd pair. This team isn't building up for a cup run. They have time.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Don't be ridiculous. Of course it does something for us. It gives us a cost-controlled defender who can potentially run the PP and play the 2nd pair. This team isn't building up for a cup run. They have time.

When is he gonna "potentially" do that in 2 3 years when hank is 37 38?

They don't have time that is just not accurate. The core is in its prime. They absolutely can take a shot at the cup with this offense and goaltender. They need to fix the right side that's it.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
When is he gonna "potentially" do that in 2 3 years when hank is 37 38?

They don't have time that is just not accurate. The core is in its prime. They absolutely can take a shot at the cup with this offense and goaltender. They need to fix the right side that's it.

It's absolutely accurate. Building in this mystical "Hank window" is just sensationalism from fans.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It's absolutely accurate. Building in this mystical "Hank window" is just sensationalism from fans.

How on earth is trying to win during "hanks window" sensationalism from the fans lol.

What are you talking about? GM's would absolutely be trying to win during their best players window i mean we gave away 2 more 2nds last year when we did not look good at all just to take another shot.

Fan sensationalism trying to win during lundqvists prime is one of the craziest things I've read on here in a long time bud

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This

It's absurd to think we're going to take on salary and get the lesser winger so we can get a defense prospect when our best player is 34 and has like a 2 or 3 year window left to win a Cup with this group.

There's no way we make that trade. Awful for us.

We are all in here we want a vatanen trouba shattenkirk to add to our elite goaltending dynamic offense and very good left D. We get one of those guys and we are off to the races.

Could you imagine adding all three of those guys? Holy ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad