Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
i think bobby ryan said it quit well at the start of the season when asked about his play, he said he wants to be offensive but also be defensively responsible, "if your scoring 50 goals and your a minus 10 then what are you really doing out their?" it was something similar to that

I remember that ever time I see Spezzas +/- along with his ~ppg pace

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Cowen and Condra for Simmonds

Hoffman/Spezza/Simmonds
MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Conacher/Zibanejad/Michalek
Greening/Smith/Neil
Kassian
Methot/Karlsson
Phillips/Corvo
Wiercioch/Gryba
Anderson
Lehner

Cap hit: $50,586,449
Actual hit: $51,682,500

:nod:

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Yeah, those two alone would make a huge difference. Even if we could just get rid of cement-skates (phillips), we'd be laughing. That guy is being used in roles he has no business playing like the PK.

Philips has always played the PK. Why wouldn't it be his role. PK is 90% positioning! Seems Gryba and Phillips have the best % for have minus games.

Number of MINUS Games this year
Phillips 7/28 25%
Gryba 2/15, 13%
karlsson 13/28, 46%
Corvo 5/13, 38%
Cowen 8/28, 29%
Methot 12/28, 42%
Wiercioch 8/20, 40%

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
marc-andre bergeron is playing in europe is leading all defensemen on his team in points and is leading his team in plus minus.........is playing for zsc lions culd likely be had for the league minimum.........i think he could help.....

There's a reason he's playing in Europe and not in the NHL...

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Cowen and Condra for Simmonds

Hoffman/Spezza/Simmonds
MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Conacher/Zibanejad/Michalek
Greening/Smith/Neil
Kassian
Methot/Karlsson
Phillips/Corvo
Wiercioch/Gryba
Anderson
Lehner

Cap hit: $50,586,449
Actual hit: $51,682,500

No thanks. I dont see the Murray's giving up on Cowen this early in his career, apparently dmen take longer to develop than forwards. He is young and missed a substantial period of time last year, I am optimistic that he can turn out to be the dman we expect and need.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
spent 5 million today upgrading tvs inside the arena....why the **** did we not spend that money to upgrade the team first

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
what is it, 9 points back if the sens drop this one?

Yikes. Better win to keep their hopes alive, as slim as they may be

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Seriously? Why do people even bother writing stuff like this?

i mean those HD tvs will be really helpful in watching the same players make the same stupid mistakes over and over again

i understand the arena was due for an upgrade soon, but with our owner crying poor and with this supposed to be a year where playoffs were atleast an expectation (dealing that first furthered that expectation) it really is upsetting that we are spending money on the arena instead of the team

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
i mean those HD tvs will be really helpful in watching the same players make the same stupid mistakes over and over again

i understand the arena was due for an upgrade soon, but with our owner crying poor and with this supposed to be a year where playoffs were atleast an expectation (dealing that first furthered that expectation) it really is upsetting that we are spending money on the arena instead of the team

Upgrading the arena has a broader and longer lasting impact then throwing a bunch of money at one element of the enterprise.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Upgrading the arena has a broader and longer lasting impact then throwing a bunch of money at one element of the enterprise.

the most important element of the enterprise

i have been to a handful of games personally but i cant see people showing up to ctc for hd tvs instead of a winning product. we are already having trouble selling out now

WhiteLight*

Non NHL players that may help

KHL
Jori Lehtera - not sure if he's still Blues property but they don't seem interested in bringing him over so he might be cheap

SHL
Simon Hjalmarsson - not sure if he's still Blues property but they don't seem interested in bringing him over so he might be cheap
Patrik Hersley - interesting d-man

AHL
Travis Morin - has exploded this year, may or may not be able to play in NHL
Tim Erixon - CBJ won't play him, we could

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Non NHL players that may help

KHL
Jori Lehtera - not sure if he's still Blues property but they don't seem interested in bringing him over so he might be cheap

SHL
Simon Hjalmarsson - not sure if he's still Blues property but they don't seem interested in bringing him over so he might be cheap
Patrik Hersley - interesting d-man

AHL
Travis Morin - has exploded this year, may or may not be able to play in NHL
Tim Erixon - CBJ won't play him, we could

MAK do you really think these guys are better than what we have. Guys are under performing and a lot of them, there is a root cause of that. What it is I don't know. but to me it points to some sort of power struggle. I'm just guessing but that's the only thing I can figure out that explains this mess. :help:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
The new TV system is valued at $5 million. They did not pay that.

Samsung is a sponsor now and they would have gotten those TV's at a discount, and a majority of it would have been paid for through sponsors.

They are projecting the system to recoup the costs in 3 years.

LA did this and they saw and instant increase in concessions by 408%. The response from their promotions doubled.

It is just a way for the CTC to make more money.

I estimate that that actual cost to the Sens was $3M.
If they can project returning the money on their investment in 3 years, that means they are projecting to make an additional million dollars a year from this system alone.

It all helps in the end.

WhiteLight*

MAK do you really think these guys are better than what we have. Guys are under performing and a lot of them, there is a root cause of that. What it is I don't know. but to me it points to some sort of power struggle. I'm just guessing but that's the only thing I can figure out that explains this mess. :help:

Probably not all that much better but they would be cheap to get so probably worth a try

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The rumor floating around is that the cap will be set at about 70 million next season.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2h
NHL govs likely to get (14-15) cap projection from league when they meet early next week in California. Sounds like it may be around $70M.

It will be interesting to see what the Sens do if and when the cap starts to skyrocket.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
70 million? Lmao, that means floor will be 50 mil? 4 mil under our internal budget.

There's a chance we have 15 million in cap-space available next year. Looooooooooooooooooool. That's 2 top forwards and 1 top 4 D. Or 1 star forward and 1 star defender.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
70 million? Lmao, that means floor will be 50 mil? 4 mil under our internal budget.

There's a chance we have 15 million in cap-space available next year. Looooooooooooooooooool. That's 2 top forwards and 1 top 4 D. Or 1 star forward and 1 star defender.

70mil cap means 54-56mil floor, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad